weekly Seaodyssey's 52ers for 2018 Week51 Party

Ok this weeks theme Music I concentrated on playback.
My musical talents are 100% but unfortunatly in the minus direction.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/HPyFNR]Music Playback by Peter, on Flickr[/URL]

as can be seen in the Image above, I use an ipod for music, and as can be seen on the images below, my wifes records and cd need a bit of a clean.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/27ttfYR]Analog Music with Dust by Peter, on Flickr[/URL]

This is shot using a macro lens, not something I find easy to use, I think I need to get a focusing rack of some kind.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/26nFyNm]Digital Music by Peter, on Flickr[/URL]

Pete

beautiful - I prefer the first photo! The second one has potential and is something different, by for my taste the DoF is a bit too shallow and the image is a tad soft.
low - now that's a beautiful sunset, well captured (y)

Beautiful, I was not bothered about the flowers at the bottom of the catcus as they were not as good as the ones in focus.They are long gone now.
Low, Thanks brrnd.

Unattractive - both images work for me.
Shadow - wow plenty of images to choose from, the one that stands out the best for me is the the cropped version of the wall shadow with out the door in the image. I found the inclusion of the door in the image a bit distracting, and the black and white conversion suits the image.
Beautiful - I like the lovely pink on the Cherry blossom flowers, I do wonder if the focus could be improved upon a little.
Low - simple but yet effective, I really like the warming effect of those bright shades of orange in the sunset, a lovely capture.

Thanks Mandy

Good idea for the theme but they are a bit lost in the skyline unfortunately

Thanks Chris, how about match walkways then.

Beautiful - Both are indeed Beautiful I like the cactus because its more unusual to see.
Low - Fabulous sunset I like it.
Match - Great choice for the theme as other have said its a shame the domes are against the buildings behind not some greenery.

Hi Minx
Thanks, It may have been better in winter with no leaves on the trees, but I would not have been there (London) in the winter time.

Great photo and great processing! I have to agree with Chris that the matching towers are a bit lost in the skyline, but what a panorama (y)

Thanks for your comments

wooo ... I like the pano, a bit obscured by the green stuff but unusual London skyline. :)

For the theme, the towers taken from the other side - or indeed other side of the river - would work better. :exit:

Thanks David, first time to Greenwich so did not think of other side of the river.

The close up shot of the CD doesn't work for me, but the close up of analog music looks interestingly abstract! As for the collection of all your music media, that kind of works for me too, although I'm quite unsure about the floorboards in the background. Why do you have sheet music when you're musical skill aren't really there at all? :exit:

The close up shot of the CD doesn't work for me, but the close up of analog music looks interestingly abstract! As for the collection of all your music media, that kind of works for me too, although I'm quite unsure about the floorboards in the background. Why do you have sheet music when you're musical skill aren't really there at all? :exit:

Hi Brrnd

The floor boards are actually a rustic pine table top and the sheet music was just a prop, I don't know how to read it but matches with the song on the Ipod, but I don't think they are the same song.

Pete

Great set of "Music" shots Sir, all on theme with the Analogue shot certainly being my fav'.(y)

George.

Hmm. interesting set for musical.

1. This is for me the pick of the 3. Though i may have cropped it in to lose the pine, and keep the focus on the ipod and stuff.

2. This is a nice abstract shot.

3. Not a shot for me. It's not quite in focus and lacks the interest of the other 2 images.

The record grooves say it all for the theme and the pale blue vinyl is a good choice for making them stand out.

Ah, the wonderful hard drive. When I started in the computer industry in 1982 we had hard drives called CDC Phoenix drives, they needed two people to carry them (about 70kg) and fully fitted out they had a capacity of 98MB; thats MB not GB.

Last edited:
Yep - nice bit of IT geekery for Hard :)

Music ... a pleasing array of different music 'media' on wooden tabletop. (y)

Hard drive ... good choice, but lacking the fine detail. Would be good to get in closer.

Hard, simple but effective. good that you took the lid off to reveal the insides.

Ah, the wonderful hard drive. When I started in the computer industry in 1982 we had hard drives called CDC Phoenix drives, they needed two people to carry them (about 70kg) and fully fitted out they had a capacity of 98MB; thats MB not GB.

Hi Martin, First Harddrive I saw was 30Mb and the size of a large washing machine, the room was full of them. The computer was massive and had a whopping 64k of core memory. Just needed to turn the computer on and press the start button and it would carry on from where it was last.

Good idea for the theme and nicely lit too.

Thanks Stan

Yep - nice bit of IT geekery for Hard :)

Thanks Dave

Nice different idea for hard. i like the fact the hard disk is super clean.

They work better that way :)

Hard, simple but effective. good that you took the lid off to reveal the insides.

Thanks Chris

It would have been rather boring with the lid still on. The controller board had failed so the drive was fubarred.

Pete

Music ... a pleasing array of different music 'media' on wooden tabletop. (y)

Hard drive ... good choice, but lacking the fine detail. Would be good to get in closer.

Thanks David

Not sure what fine detail there is to see in these hard drives. Even the heads are nothing to get excited over.

hard - nice one, well composed, well lit and very shiny hard disk (y)
creatures - right on theme it a little uninspired...

At least they weren’t quick movers, a different take on the theme I suppose

hard - nice one, well composed, well lit and very shiny hard disk (y)
creatures - right on theme it a little uninspired...
Thanks Brrrnd
At least they weren’t quick movers, a different take on the theme I suppose

Thanks Allan, they have been there a while, cheep to look after as well, but the eggs are really hard.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Hard - It works because you've taken the time to disassemble it, with the other part of the case on it wouldn't work. Looks IDE to me, so fairly old. Strange isn't it how we trust so much of our lives to those things.
Creatures - Fun things to have in the garden. I can't help feeling there is a better shot in there. Did you try a lower angle?

Hi Pete,

Hard - It works because you've taken the time to disassemble it, with the other part of the case on it wouldn't work. Looks IDE to me, so fairly old. Strange isn't it how we trust so much of our lives to those things.
Creatures - Fun things to have in the garden. I can't help feeling there is a better shot in there. Did you try a lower angle?
Hi Tim

It is sata, from a laptop. and not only do we trust them but they cause a whole load of pain when they go wrong.

I did try a lower angle more from the front, but the sky was blown out and the shadows too dark. The DR of the Canon G11 I used is not that great and it was the only camera I had available at the time. There was not enough room in the car for my DSLR Kit as we had an extra dog to take away with us for the week.

They look interesting props but it seems the BG is all wrong, in fact I think the BG is in better focus.

Hard
Hard to deny, it's definitely on theme.

Creatures
No need for a fast shutter speed, they weren't going anywhere.

They look interesting props but it seems the BG is all wrong, in fact I think the BG is in better focus.

Thanks for the observation David. I find it very hard to spot things like that, I must clean my glasses more often.

It was taken on a canon compact camera (g11) which I find impossible to manually focus so I tend to use the autofocus and it must have focussed on the background.

Thanks again

That would do for synthetic as well, they are a bit lost in the busy background

Very nice exposure, these things can be tricky. Are we supposed to be looking at their nylons? :exit:

Last edited:
Hi Pete, nice statue. I would consider a tighter crop on this to emphasise the statue, I find the object on the lhs distracting.

Thanks Micheal, I did take shots from other angles, but this was the one with the least amount of window showing and It also highlights the covert whispering of these synthectic girls.A tighter crop may well work but I wanted as much of them as possible becuase I think its a nice statue.

Pete

Back