Severn Bore's 52 for 2017

Nice one for 'hairy', well spotted and I like the light.

Nicely done. Good DoF and detail.

Very good take on the theme, well caught, nice depth of field

Agh - why didn't I think of that?! I took so many pictures of the frost we had down here last weekend. Yours has wonderful detail and the lighting is good - I found it hard to retain detail in the ice in brighter conditions.

Not seen too much frost recently, good idea, nice detail in the hairy frost.

Hairy/hoary: I would never have thought of this for the theme (then again, we don't usually get much hoar frost here in Texas). It's beautiful! The sun and the DOF highlight it well.

Nearly as much of a shoehorn as my Hairy shot!!!
Very sharp capture and nice the way the sun has lit the part you have in focus, with the rest of the shot in shade.
I'm not sure you need the top and bottom of the image, maybe a square crop would be stronger? Dunno, but something to try perhaps.

Smooth as silk! I think you are the first one to do it... There might be a better composition in it, but bang on theme!

You old smoothie Andrew ;)
Not sure that the positioning on the table works. The arc across the bottom is a bit distracting.
crop is a little tight too.
hat said, it's well lit and suitably sharp.

I quite like the compo and the tight crop .. reflection too in that lovely richly polished table.

I'd have left a little more space around it, but it's a sharp and striking image. I love the internal refections. Lit from beneath?

Bonus points for looking like Superman's ice palace.

I'd have left a little more space around it, but it's a sharp and striking image. I love the internal refections. Lit from beneath?

Bonus points for looking like Superman's ice palace.
Thanks for the comment. It was actually side lit from the right, but with natural light coming in from the left. Being a small object overall lighting balance was not a problem.

On theme...should have used a Hermes!:)
Thanks to all for comments on the tie. I agree the composition was not particularly brilliant. Could not afford Hermes - tried unsuccessfully to hide the fact that it was from good old M&S:banana:

Good effort that. I have a lump of crystal and tried it, but I found the relfections a nightmare to deal with, so thumbs up from me for getting a good shot from it.

Really like "mineral" (y) Great form and detail. That`s the kind of one I was hoping my girls had, but alas I had to make do.

Great shot for mineral, very sharp, beautifully lit without reflections!

Not commented for a while I really like the Hairy frost picture some reat detail I think a tihter crop would suit it better
I also like your mineral shot with the crystal against the black.

Good thinking there Andrew. Excellent composition and nice textures and lighting

Good idea, but the composition doesn't really work for me. Maybe a much tighter crop? And you could have taken the wrapper off the peppercorn jar :)

Back