Severn Bore's 52 for 2017

Whole - I really like the idea and the kitchen setting, but I think the lines in the tiles make it hard to get a clean composition - and even though the plastic wrapping is on the jar, it looks as though the top's not on straight..or is that just me?!
The silhouette for your seed heads works really well though - I love the way it fills the frame :)

Loving your take on Structure, the silhouette works very well.

Beautiful silhouette for structure, works well!

I'm glad every one else used silhouette as a description so I know how to spell it :D look really good (y)

Hi Andrew,
Mineral - That's a stunning thing. What is it? It puts me in mind of ice. I love the comment about Superman's ice palace, I was thinking more of Die Another Day.
Whole - Nicely on theme. I like that you've resisted the temptation to do a very shallow DoF shot.
Structure - As per other comments, I like the silhouetting that you've achieved there.

Routine:
Routine.jpg by SevernBore, on Flickr

Aha! I was thinking along these lines myself but was going to do a long exposure so all three lights were lit at once with a traffic trail behind.
but i like this montage of the the whole sequence, good lateral thinking that man!

Where did you find a payphone :D

Good idea for the theme, maybe a slightly tighter crop on the bottom would take out the distracting box and the little bit of phone cable on the left edge.

I didn't realise that payphones did texts!
Spot on for the theme, but for me it feels a bit clinical.
I would have quite like to have seen a bit of environment / context. Perhaps some of 'those' business cards that used to be left in payphone to ad some 'colour'.
Or maybe a "ripped up phone booth"...

Now that's one fluffy horse... I rather like the light.

Hi Andrew. I agree with the comments on the back lighting, it works well.
Good use of the rule of thirds placing the pony on the left third and it's eye (and the horizon) on the top third.

He stands out nicely from the bg and the backlight really highlights the texture of his mane. Has he got some sort of purple paint on him?
Hi Emja
I noted the purple colouring on his (?) mane and wondered whether it was some sort of veterinary application.
Andrew

Just my cup of tea this, the flower stands out beautifully with a dark background.

Back