Severn Bore's 52 for 2017

Great photo, the colourful flower stands out nicely from the dark background. I don't know my flowers to well, so I don't know if the name of this flower alludes to the theme :)

Power, can't argue with the subject, tho perhaps taken higher angle to show more of the wording on the red manifolds could add a bit more interest.

Dark, I keep trying to see further into the woods, but it's lost in the black.

Power is bang on theme, good symmetry but I think a higher angle would be better here, after all the motor is in that red bit of your Ferrari, isn't it?

I like the contrastyness of dark.

Certainly fits the brief, very sharp, pity about the grey sky.

That's nice Andrew, the top LH corner had some cloning or something, odd artefacts are showing on my monitor... I really like the light coming through the leaves :)

Very observant. You could be right about the cloning. Intrusive highlight I could not avoid, but I could have done better with the cloning. :oops: :$

Hey Andrew,
Power - If that's your fezza, can I have a go in it pls ;) You captured the detail well and I quite lke how the only real colour is the the manifold (at least I assume that's what it is).
Re-Shoot - Liking the way you've crushed the blacks to give it edgy harsh contrast. Works well :)
Above - Not showing on the thread any-more, but I can click through to flickr.
A couple of suggestions. Bring the shutter speed down to 1/250th if possible, to give you some motion blur at the prop.
Also, the sky just doesn't work. It's a bugger getting planes in flight shots that work well, you just have to wait for the right light. I've got aircraft in flight shots that just don't work (for me anyway) due to the sky, and then some that have come out really well due to a different sky / time of the day etc.
Evolve - DK is right about the top corner, I think you could cure it by adding noise selectively in that area, I think it would hide it quite well. Great detail in the new foilage.

Very nicely captured and very spring like.

Nice choice for the theme. I would have preferred to see the focus on the eye/ball, but if he's anything like our dog he probably doesn't stay still long!
Hi Emja,
Thanks for all of your comments. Our dog is clearly like yours; he is on the move all the time at warp speed!
Andrew:D

Great idea for smoke! On my screen the cigar isn't quite sharp, but I like the different textures and the smoke.

Vivid is a great photo, very sharp and the colourful leaf stands out among the greenery.

That is definitely a Large Screw and fits the theme perfectly!

Fits the brief perfectly and it would also be a perfect submission for small :)

Back