weekly SimonB 52 for 2023 - Weeks 50, 51 and 52!

Two really good images Simon. I've seen images of these artificial man before but the way you've captured them is new to me. You've definitely chosen the right image. Really dramatic.

I'm with you on the chosen image as you've captured the light. I must get to see these one day.

I wondered how it fitted the theme , thanks for the explamation, good picture

It certainly ticks the theme, and I think you chose the right image.

Yep good choice - I've toggeg them many times!

A pal of mine who isnlt a fan calles them "Legalised scrap litter" :LOL:

Lovely shot and although I've seen pictures of the sculptures quite a few times I wouldn't have realised it wasn't a real person it it wasn't for this weeks theme,
Great exposure, nice tones and your composition with the sculpture silhouette in the suns reflection really completes it.

Base ISO, Yes, I meant the lowest it would go. I think that if the scene si static, and you're on a tripod then shutter speed is irrelevant, so would lower ISO as far as possible.
TBH I've not kept up with camera tech and noise is probably a thing of the past with modern kit. :D

ARTIFICIAL - perfect shot, and it fits ther theme. I think your own critique of the two images is spot on. The position of the figure in the light is great. Nicely done.

Two really good images Simon. I've seen images of these artificial man before but the way you've captured them is new to me. You've definitely chosen the right image. Really dramatic.

I'm with you on the chosen image as you've captured the light. I must get to see these one day.

I wondered how it fitted the theme , thanks for the explamation, good picture

Spot on. Theme and photo. Incredible shot!

I thought, maybe, a tighter crop for the first image would tick both boxes for theme and tech. Nevertheless, I agree with what you said about the second image.

I really like these figures, good choice

So many comments! :oops: :$ :ROFLMAO:

Thank you all for your kind words and constructive feedback it's very helpful!

This week's theme has been a bit of a head-scratcher, I finally had time today to have to think about the picture today and thought a picture of a nice soothing glass of whisky would tick the box. However, a couple of people have already beaten me to it with their fantastic images.

So while I was enjoying the whisky and set about putting a prism I have into good use, it's always tricky getting a beam of light thin enough to get the effect I was after.

It seemed to work out ok though.

Prism
by Simon Brown

Nice one and yes - Immediately thought of DSOTM :)

I think that's worked out more than ok. Nice and clean and sharp, well composed and the little strip of rainbow is marvellous

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day.......

Excellent take and pic.

Nicely done and well thought out.

Good thinking for the theme and works really well... ear worm well and truly in place.

An excellent take on the theme.

Anyone else about to play DSOTM?

very good indeed

Just saw Dave Gilmour on the Mick Fleetwood & Friends gig. DSOTM is going to appear on the playlist very soon

Nice one and yes - Immediately thought of DSOTM :)

That a good one Simon!

I think that's worked out more than ok. Nice and clean and sharp, well composed and the little strip of rainbow is marvellous

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day.......

Excellent take and pic.

That‘s really nice Simon.

Nicely done and well thought out.

Good thinking for the theme and works really well... ear worm well and truly in place.

Thank you everyone for the kind comments, it was a bit of a bugger to take this picture as getting the beam of light "right" took some fiddling.

I'll probably get shouted at now or banned maybe but...I've never listened to the DSOTM :exit:

Although I do recognise the album cover I just have never made the effort to put it on, I shall do so tonight!

I always forget to check when the snapper's choice is coming and it is a welcome surprise when it does, sometimes an idea comes straight away and other times I struggle.

The plan for this week was to get a close-up of my eye in an attempt to highlight the details in an iris. I used a Sigma 105mm macro lens for the picture but I couldn't get as close as I would have liked for what I had envisioned, perhaps the camera is the limitation here, or more likely the user!

Thanks for looking!

Eye Full
by Simon Brown

Well taken Simon.

A slight technical point to concentrate on though is that you appear to have held the camera the wrong way round :D :coat:

That's great. Wonderful detail in the iris and the eyelashes.

Handheld(?) at 1/40 in the middle of a field?? Bravo!

Eye Eye captain, nice idea and well executed

I see what you did there! Thanks very much.

Well taken Simon.

A slight technical point to concentrate on though is that you appear to have held the camera the wrong way round :D :coat:

Doh! Haha

That's great. Wonderful detail in the iris and the eyelashes.

Handheld(?) at 1/40 in the middle of a field?? Bravo!

Thanks very much, it was done using a tripod and a remote trigger and taking many many pictures!

Well taken, light and details are good.

Thank you!

Yep - well knobbed!

Good idea and nice to see something different, I’m now had enough at looking at knobs.

Perfectly done. Nice and easy!

Thank you everyone for the kind comments, it was a bit of a bugger to take this picture as getting the beam of light "right" took some fiddling.

I'll probably get shouted at now or banned maybe but...I've never listened to the DSOTM :exit:

Although I do recognise the album cover I just have never made the effort to put it on, I shall do so tonight!

Did you get to listen to it? Otherwise I am going to propose a three week ban :lock:

That made me smile. Good angle on the sign - especially with the missing middle of the O.
Reminds me of a local row of cottages here called Crutch Hall... the last in the row is called Crutch End!

Did you get to listen to it? Otherwise I am going to propose a three week ban :lock:

Ummmm not got to it yet! :oops: :$

Excellent!

Thanks!

That made me smile. Good angle on the sign - especially with the missing middle of the O.
Reminds me of a local row of cottages here called Crutch Hall... the last in the row is called Crutch End!

Yes the O missing was quite odd I thought. Crutch End! What a name:ROFLMAO:

I like it.

Nice angle too.

Thanks very much!

Knob spotting !

You never know where this hobby takes you!

Back