Sirch 52 in 2018, third time lucky, week 52, Showcase

Really like the 'abundance' shot Chris. Well composed, well lit and do like the limited DoF. Very nice indeed.

I like both of your images for Age(ing), Chris; the first for the setting and the details, but my favourite of the two is #2 because of the story told (and questions posed) by the headstone, and the lovely setting with the flowers breaking through.

Sharp is absolutely sharp! Strikingly so, and it proves that focus stacking is the way to go for this type of image. I tried the same subject matter but I was outside in windy weather and handheld so you can imagine that I got nothing usable! I noticed the same halo as Dave in the first image but you've pretty much sorted that out in the edited version (y)

I see we both resorted to the same subject for Guard, which was a challenging subject. The setting, the leading lines and especially the sky combine to make an interesting image even if you weren't feeling inspired :)

Thick looks very tasty! An ideal subject and setting for the theme and a good variety of colours and textures in the filling, and finally the abundance of buns works well for the latest theme. Lovely natural colours and textures, complemented by the shallow DOF, a sprinkle of flour and the muted green of the packet in the background; it could be a catalogue image :clap:

100% agree with Allan, love the dof in this shot Chris and colour is bang on (y)(y)
Thanks Dave, glad you like it.

I like both of your images for Age(ing), Chris; the first for the setting and the details, but my favourite of the two is #2 because of the story told (and questions posed) by the headstone, and the lovely setting with the flowers breaking through.

Sharp is absolutely sharp! Strikingly so, and it proves that focus stacking is the way to go for this type of image. I tried the same subject matter but I was outside in windy weather and handheld so you can imagine that I got nothing usable! I noticed the same halo as Dave in the first image but you've pretty much sorted that out in the edited version (y)

I see we both resorted to the same subject for Guard, which was a challenging subject. The setting, the leading lines and especially the sky combine to make an interesting image even if you weren't feeling inspired :)

Thick looks very tasty! An ideal subject and setting for the theme and a good variety of colours and textures in the filling, and finally the abundance of buns works well for the latest theme. Lovely natural colours and textures, complemented by the shallow DOF, a sprinkle of flour and the muted green of the packet in the background; it could be a catalogue image :clap:
Thanks for taking the time Andrea, really appreciate it.

I do like that, the composition works as does the inclusion of the flour.

Thick - that sandwich looked very tasty, nice colours.
Abundance - that does make a great looking product shot, colours are nice and natural and balanced nicely throughout the image, my fave for the theme so far.

Really like the 'abundance' shot Chris. Well composed, well lit and do like the limited DoF. Very nice indeed.

Thanks all, nearly missed you comments as they are over the page break but always appreciated.

Abundance - Image looks good enough to eat Chris, which is mean of you as I'm on a low carb diet at the moment.
Good colours and the texture is clearly shown, nice crop and the bag of flour looks ok to me. maybe a tad more in focus would improve it, maybe not.

Pete

Great shot for Abundance Chris, love the light and the DoF.

Great take on the Abundance theme, finding it hard to stop thinking about your buns :naughty::naughty: ....but I'm not confused!!!:cautious:

Staged or at a bakery? Either way, very nicely done Chris. Bang on theme....

ps.... nice white balance :)

Good work Chris ... delish looking buns, nice compo and the perfect DOF. :clap:

Abundance

Nice buns and I like the inclusion of the flour packet.

Those buns (bread rolls) look tasty. Good lighting and good use of dof. I also like the inclusion of the ingredient.
thanks Stan

Abundance - Image looks good enough to eat Chris, which is mean of you as I'm on a low carb diet at the moment.
Good colours and the texture is clearly shown, nice crop and the bag of flour looks ok to me. maybe a tad more in focus would improve it, maybe not.

Pete
Thanks Pete, sorry to upset your diet, at least this week isn't cake :)

Great shot for Abundance Chris, love the light and the DoF.
Thanks Daniel

Great take on the Abundance theme, finding it hard to stop thinking about your buns :naughty::naughty: ....but I'm not confused!!!:cautious:
Thansk Frank, may be I'll do melons this week :D

Staged or at a bakery? Either way, very nicely done Chris. Bang on theme....

ps.... nice white balance :)
:) Thanks Ian, home baked in the kitchen

Abundance - Loads of buns. Love it. I like the inclusion of the bread flour.
Thanks Ross

Good work Chris ... delish looking buns, nice compo and the perfect DOF. :clap:
Thanks David

Abundance

Nice buns and I like the inclusion of the flour packet.
Thanks Dominic

Definitely a better food shot than mine, works really well.
Without the Allinsons labeling in the background, I bet that would do well on Stock.
Thanks Tim, haven't really looked into stock, interesting idea

Great looking buns Chris. Well done on the baking and the picture. (y)

Guard - Very Moody sky quite fitting for the subject.
Thick - Thick slices and a decent filling too, great food shot.
Abundance - I like that you have the flour in the back ground give a feel of freshly home baked buns.

Guard - Very Moody sky quite fitting for the subject.
Thick - Thick slices and a decent filling too, great food shot.
Abundance - I like that you have the flour in the back ground give a feel of freshly home baked buns.
Thanks for taking the time Minx

Loving this Chris. I don't care if a shot is 'set up' or natural. It's the execution and processing what matters to me. Nicely done

Loving this Chris. I don't care if a shot is 'set up' or natural. It's the execution and processing what matters to me. Nicely done
Thanks Ian, glad you like it. It's just that I have done a run of indoors shots for the 52 and I do like to get outside and shoot stuff.

Like the framing of it and can't fault the execution of it, great detail and the conversion to B+W is very good. its the best heavy image I have seen

I am with you not a very inspiring theme this week

Perhaps just a little more detail of the grain in the handle of the sledgehammer? But a good take on the theme; that does look like a mighty sledgehammer.

It certainly works for the theme Chris. Nice and sharp, well presented, so (y)

Like the framing of it and can't fault the execution of it, great detail and the conversion to B+W is very good. its the best heavy image I have seen

I am with you not a very inspiring theme this week

Perhaps just a little more detail of the grain in the handle of the sledgehammer? But a good take on the theme; that does look like a mighty sledgehammer.

Thanks all, really apprciate the comments. Fair point about the handle and I guess I could ahve done some selective adjustments.

Great shot for Heavy Chris, love the texture in the hammer!

Chris, Nice Image, good detail, nothing in the shot which is not required. B&W works well. Bang on theme.

Pete

Abundance - Great take on the theme very nicely set up lovely use of DoF to give just enough detail in the bag of flour with out pulling your eye away from the buns.

Heavy - Love it some great textures in the head of the hammer the B&W conversion really suits it

Love it. Well put together and shot. A hint of :ROFLMAO: too.

Abundance - Great take on the theme very nicely set up lovely use of DoF to give just enough detail in the bag of flour with out pulling your eye away from the buns.

Heavy - Love it some great textures in the head of the hammer the B&W conversion really suits it

Love it. Well put together and shot. A hint of :ROFLMAO: too.

Thanks guys.

Nice one Chris. Simple effective shot, nice tones and I like all the grooves and nicks in the face of the hammer :)

Back