weekly susiejb 52 /2014 Support

Thanks both....I never know quite where to crop for the best Lynne....it's sort of 'what do I like best' and then a 'I can't decide now' type of decision :eek:

I found it a slightly difficult subject to interpret this week so I went for this in the end, a bit of a loose play on the word, I do like macro so I may try to do a macro if I get time later in the week.

That would be close !

12028376644_8e14d8269b_z.jpg

Excellent interpretation of the theme, I like it.Sharp and well lit.

I like your thinking and nicely shot too.
I had a similar idea and also find it difficult to shift the first idea from the old grey matter.

And also really like your play shot aswell keep up the great work :clap:

Perfect interpreation of the theme. Well composed and nicely convertef to B&W. Not nuch more to say.

A very lateral interpretation Susie, hadn't occurred to me at all. Mono works well with this too. Did you take it in natural light?

Hi Susie and welcome to the 52's.

Play, I think I would prefer this in colour as playdoh has such pretty colours. As for 'mixing the colours' my kids tubs are all grey and mixed up! I like the swirly pp'd shot (y)
Close, nice detail and a clever idea. Yes I think the ticket should be brighter to make it stand out from the background but I think it may be too bright then :thinking:

Thank you for taking the time to comment everyone :)

Chris I am bit disappointed that it looks so grey....although I have just taken a look at the ticket and it is an off white. Maybe as Andy says it's to do with exposure, which is still a bit of a mystery to me....I am very much in the novice stages...I just tend to bash away at everything until I get something that like.

Gav I did use spotlights so I am wondering now if it would have been better in natural light, but then as Marsha has just said it may then be too white :eek:

Thanks everyone for being so encouraging it's very much appreciated.

Nice shot, well sharp and good lighting. I like your creative interpretation of the theme.

Hi, nice idea well thought out, agree with others about the brightness around the watch and keys, looks a little off

Bang on theme and all the props used good thinking and do like it in B&W.

I agree ... very nice.

(clean fingernails too - the camera can make mine look in need of a scrub!)

I like the thinking behind this - very creative - but feel the processing has let you done. As well as the grey there appears to be some haloing as well. A quick retake would sort this I'm sure as the idea is certainly there.

Thanks all....Peter I shall try it again later in the week if I can....my idea was to have the white very white and the black very black...I seem to have ended up with shades of grey :( It's good to get the feedback and hopefully I will learn a lot in the next twelve months, my main problem is plucking up the courage to get my camera off auto, I wouldn't then have to rely on PP (hope that's the right one) to try and get the image that I would like. But I'm glad everyone likes the idea, I do like the creative side of things and try to get my imagination in gear !

d00d....I did get the nail file out and do a quick shape up before I started just in case they were on show :)

Last edited:
Hi Susie, I have just got around to commenting on your 52, sorry for being a bit late.
Great start to the year, I must say (y)
Line, love this, it really tells a story which is everything one would want in a photograph.
Play, I must admit, I saw the colour version of this and thought it much better suited to the theme/subject.
Close, great, its another which tells a little story, nice work all round Susie, I will try not to leave it as long the next time :D

Great take on the theme Susie (y) most things have been covered, as said b&w works well :)

Thanks Jason.....I do enjoy the thought process of 'what shall I do for the topic' :) as I mentioned earlier my idea was to get it really black and white so I have had a quick go at it again today...this is more as I wanted it to look...I know it's still a bit dodgy in parts but at least I have managed to get the general idea. I also had a go at macro...and did a Spring is Close ... not sure about the point of focus on that one, if I took it away from the stamen it just didn't look right. :thinking:

12085209204_d0b819a86f_z.jpg

Spring is close

12085721606_a402c6ac4d_z.jpg

well done for res-hooting this one, on the 2nd, the key fob and keys are much improved, but the thumb has blown. Take the best parts of both, and you'd be onto a winner! :)

The flower macro works really well though - I agree the point of focus is right, being on the stamen. Lovely purples and greens on a nice black backdrop.

And I agree spring feels close, certainly a lot of the plants do - however, I'm not sure we've had a proper dose of winter yet!

well done for res-hooting this one, on the 2nd, the key fob and keys are much improved, but the thumb has blown. Take the best parts of both, and you'd be onto a winner! :)

The flower macro works really well though - I agree the point of focus is right, being on the stamen. Lovely purples and greens on a nice black backdrop.

And I agree spring feels close, certainly a lot of the plants do - however, I'm not sure we've had a proper dose of winter yet!

:agree::plus1:

And Graham we don't want any more nasty winter weather, as I would like to get out on my motorbike :D:D

I like the idea of the ticket shot and B&W suits it well, however I prefer the original. Although the ticket was not all white that was better than the blown thumb for me.

Good second go at the ticket shot, though shame the thumb's blown out. The flower shot is very nice. I like the way you have got the critical elements sharp and the background is OOF.

I've just discovered how to quote a post :)

I like your first take on the theme. That's a little too close for comfort!
Thanks Simon :)

Good second go at the ticket shot, though shame the thumb's blown out. The flower shot is very nice. I like the way you have got the critical elements sharp and the background is OOF.

Yes, the thumb was disappointing mercurius...I should really have had a bit more patience with it...but I had found the flower in the garden and was anxious to have a go with my macro.

Susie ... great image ..

the edit is good ... the key fob thingy has lost the reflection ... now looking clean & sharp.

there's a slightly posterised/popart thumb ... and I like it.

Hi
really like your story telling in the first close picture. Nice and sharp and suits B/W.

Liking the second 'close' much more. As others have mentioned it tells a great little story. Good work!

Thank you very much d00d Anita and Mike, I like putting things together to tell a bit of a story but didn't come up with anything much for this week so I just went for straight pictures.

After I had fiddled around with the marbling inks ...I now have green hands and nails :eek: I decided on the other route and did the lemons too !!
Apologies for posting three pics but I wasn't sure on the lemons one which one I liked the best.

12138157813_0a793c175d_z.jpg
12150594806_7b82f6cf38_z.jpg
12150563816_0cc490c114_z.jpg

Back