weekly Susiejb 52 in 2016 Celebrate

:agree:

we know you love spending your day working on this kind of image. :clap:

Thank you d00d ...yep, I do like 'messing' :)

Susie, love love your first Personal image, perfect exposure and DoF, makes me want to run my finger over the end of the paper. Words are something that is hard for me to express, so my post on here for critique will usually be short and sweet.

Well done for all your effort with the flowers and water drops. Love the red nice and powerful.

Thank you Lee ...much appreciate your comments.

Now that's what I call Effort you must have the patience of a saint!

Well done Susie

Effort - wow that is a great shot I am sure a good deal of time and EFFORT went into it well done

Lovely image for Effort, Susie. Really, really fab shot - clearly not an easy one to get right and you have, so that effort was well worth it.

Brill! :clap:

Thank you Paul....glad you like it.

Now that's what I call Effort you must have the patience of a saint!

Well done Susie

:) Thanks Mark

Effort - wow that is a great shot I am sure a good deal of time and EFFORT went into it well done

Thank you ...I did enjoy doing it.

On to technology ...must admit I'm not too keen on the topic, I tried some abstract stuff with some twisty wire for starters, which at least was good practice in white backgrounds, it's on my Flickr https://flic.kr/p/FNbnFj but I wasn't too happy with it so I decided to do something representing old and new instead.

Technology

Technology TP 2016 by Susiejb, on Flickr

Last edited:
Really like your first image for technology Susie.

The colours of the second are really nice too

Nice balance between the candle and the bulb filament and a good image for the theme. I also like the twisty wire photo nice abstract.

I like it Susie. It's simple and effective.....theme fitting.
I went through a lot of failed ideas this week :(

Hi Susie, as they are 2 separate images i think the candle flame should sort of be on the same level as the filament maybe it looks unbalanced as it is.

Had a look at the other one on flickr too, interesting idea

Nice balance between the candle and the bulb filament and a good image for the theme. I also like the twisty wire photo nice abstract.

Thanks Chris I think it fits the topic ....just about :)

I like it Susie. It's simple and effective.....theme fitting.
I went through a lot of failed ideas this week :(

Thanks Ruth ....not the easiest of theme's is it!

Took me a while trying to work out what the 'light trails' on the right hand side are. A different take on the theme and good idea.

Thanks for looking Stan ...much appreciated.

Nice bit of balance there, nice pic,

Thanks Walter (y)

Hi Susie, as they are 2 separate images i think the candle flame should sort of be on the same level as the filament maybe it looks unbalanced as it is.

Had a look at the other one on flickr too, interesting idea

I did try them level Allan but I just felt it didn't work, with the candle being so low I thought it needed a bit of height o_O

Hi Susie, it's a good shot but after the wonder of effort I'm not finding it grabs me as much. Not every week can be a belter though!

Thanks Paul ...I didn't like the topic but wanted to do something reasonable ...I Googled the definition, searched the internet for ideas and came up with nothing I fancied trying so I settled on this.

I prefer the quizzical eyebrows of your other Technology image Susie. Like the contrast between old and new in this one too but the other makes a great abstract. Really interested to know how that one was done ... intriguing. :clap:

I prefer the quizzical eyebrows of your other Technology image Susie. Like the contrast between old and new in this one too but the other makes a great abstract. Really interested to know how that one was done ... intriguing. :clap:

Thanks Carl, I photographed the twisty wire on white card and did a mirror image which made the heart shape, and then I added some distortion in Paint.net till I liked it. I think I used the one called Pixelate ...I thought it made it look a bit Technological :)

Hi, Technology, not an easy one to expose for and you;ve done a decent job to get the element in. I would like to see more of the bulb, but as stated not easy.

Cheers.

Technology- I like lights image and I like the different levels of the 2 subjects.

Technology - loving this photo. like the sense of space with in the framing

wooo ... that looks like a tricky one to pull off. Well done Susie. :clap:

I like your thinking for the theme, but the candle does feel a bit low in the frame to me. Your colourful wire shot is really interesting I think - thanks for sharing how you did it!

Thanks Emma :)

Hi, Technology, not an easy one to expose for and you;ve done a decent job to get the element in. I would like to see more of the bulb, but as stated not easy.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy ...the more I exposed the bulb the more the element became too bright ...hard to find a happy medium!

Technology- I like lights image and I like the different levels of the 2 subjects.

Thank you Minx (y)

Hey Susie :)

Oooo Technology, love that bulb, not s sure on the crop, I think you can lose a bit off the top no problem, but technically I think you have done a great job, and love the combination of elements :)

Thanks DK :) I took another look at a the crop ...yes it would perhaps take a bit more off.

Technology - loving this photo. like the sense of space with in the framing

Thanks Lee ....I do like lots of 'blank' space :)

wooo ... that looks like a tricky one to pull off. Well done Susie. :clap:

Aww Ta d00d ....mucho appreciated.

Effort - certainly fits the theme and it looks fantastic.
Technology - Love the simplicity of this shot:clap:

I like that shot Susie, having captured a candle last year, I know how tricky it can be, yours is much more understated than my effort :)
I agree with DK, a little bit off the top perhaps, but regardless it works well :clap:

Effort - certainly fits the theme and it looks fantastic.
Technology - Love the simplicity of this shot:clap:

Thank you Liz ...much appreciated :)

I like that shot Susie, having captured a candle last year, I know how tricky it can be, yours is much more understated than my effort :)
I agree with DK, a little bit off the top perhaps, but regardless it works well :clap:

Thanks Tim ....I like understated :D

Simple and effective Susie. Probably the second as it offers a more balanced take. Like the seemingly graduated slits in the venetian. :clap:

First one for me, I like the abstract nature of it and I think the offset adds to the abstraction,

First one for me too Suzie, it seems to work better with a little more space around it

Simple and effective Susie. Probably the second as it offers a more balanced take. Like the seemingly graduated slits in the venetian. :clap:

Thanks Carl (y)

First one for me, I like the abstract nature of it and I think the offset adds to the abstraction,

Thanks Chris .... like that one too.

First one for me too Suzie, it seems to work better with a little more space around it

Thanks for looking in Cobra :)

Lovely and minimalistic, Susie. I really like the first - those words could be read in so many different ways - I think there's one of your stories in that one!

Thanks Emma ... I do feel there's a story there somewhere :)

Hi Susie, it's a challenging theme and you've come up with two good images. I think you got the right balance between the candle flame and the filament and the only thing that might lift it is a little detail of the bulb, but technically that would be an even bigger challenge and I wouldn't know how :) I also really like the twisty wire image, which is a super idea and a striking abstract (y)

Hi, Susie, Horizontal is a nice, simple photograph that works well. #2 for me for symmetry. I looked a few times at the top bit and rather like the contrasting light with the blue and orange.

Cheers.

Personal - Two nice photos with nice stories there. :) I particularly like the papers one. Nice dof and tells a story. Literally, too, I guess! :p I admire your discipline in sticking to writing a story every week for four years. That’s truly amazing. You must have hundreds of stories now. That’s many, many books worth!

Effort - Truly creative effort! A really outstanding photo.

Technology - Really good idea for the theme. Old and new technology of the same thing. :)

Horizontal - That’s really nice, with a twilight sky behind the blinds. The colours really work there.

Back