Susiejb 52 in 2019 WHOLE

Hi Susie

If I had known Truro Cathedral was so nice inside I might have gone in, mind you I have not been to Truro for about 20 years.

Pete

Good take for ABOVE. I don't mind the lack of symmetry. I know how hard it is to get that but you managed very well. It's all about what's
'above' in cathedrals and churches etc so bang on theme!!
Thank you Bob, much appreciated.

Hi Susie,
That's a great shot for Above. As you say the workmanship in these places is simply beautiful. You've done well to capture the wide dynamic range that's in there as well.
Thanks Lee, we always seek out Cathedrals and churches they’re fascinating.

I love a catherdal pic - and this is lovely :)
Thank you Dave.

Fantastic image Susie!
I tried to take a similar photo of Norwich Cathedral, but it was pretty dark, there were hundreds of people in there, and tripods were not permitted, so all mine were wobbly (I was down to 1/10th of a second!)
Yours is amazing, with such great detail.
Such a marvellous vaulted ceiling, and I especially like the balance of light you had, with perfect detail in the shadows and highlights!
Very nicely done!:clap:
Thank you Gareth, we were lucky as there weren’t many people in there, I like photos without people :)

Above is great, I love cathedral photos, especially ones of their vaults. I've found it's impossible to get them perfectly symmetrical though. I was taking a similar photo in Salisbury Cathedral once and spent an age trying to perfect it, before a guy came up to me and said "you won't get it perfect because all the walls have moved over the centuries" :cautious:

I like hot too, a nice colourful image that makes me jealous as I sit looking at big grey rain clouds out the window

Really like your 'above' image. I love a cathedral, they are so pleasing to the eye. Great detail in the roof. Cannot believe it's only 100 years old though.

Hot - well, i'm just jealous!!!

A parrot on a beach seeking shade and you say you are on holiday. So probably not Skegness!
Would that be back in Tenerife by any chance?
Anyway, a good idea for the theme, and well spotted!

BTW can't say I'm jealous as I live in Barcelona and work as a freelance teacher, which more or less means people me for talking to them in my own language.
It is like being on a permanent holiday!

Hi Susie, just a quick catch up.
The Cathedral is on theme, I like others get a bit ocd over the ceilings but can never seem to get it right !
Hot, bang on theme. Very much like me always in the shade !

Lovely shot Susie!(y)
Very well exposed with no detail loss in the shadows or highlights.
Nice bright, colourful image, which works well for the theme!
Hope you have a great holiday....again!:giggle:

Thank you Gareth ...I seem to be mainly using my phone lately but it still manages a good image.

Above is great, I love cathedral photos, especially ones of their vaults. I've found it's impossible to get them perfectly symmetrical though. I was taking a similar photo in Salisbury Cathedral once and spent an age trying to perfect it, before a guy came up to me and said "you won't get it perfect because all the walls have moved over the centuries" :cautious:

Yes you could be right there Carl, we always search out churches and cathedrals for a look around.

I like hot too, a nice colourful image that makes me jealous as I sit looking at big grey rain clouds out the window
Really like your 'above' image. I love a cathedral, they are so pleasing to the eye. Great detail in the roof. Cannot believe it's only 100 years old though.

Hot - well, i'm just jealous!!!

Hi Ian, I was surprised about the history of the cathedral too, it still has that lovely ols feel about it.

A parrot on a beach seeking shade and you say you are on holiday. So probably not Skegness!
Would that be back in Tenerife by any chance?
Anyway, a good idea for the theme, and well spotted!

BTW can't say I'm jealous as I live in Barcelona and work as a freelance teacher, which more or less means people me for talking to them in my own language.
It is like being on a permanent holiday!

Hi Bob ...my nephew on holiday with us teaches in Thailand, he loved it only being 25 degrees as its baking there at the moment. Its Lanzarote, Playa Blanca really nice for a quick break in the sunshine. Love Barcelona its a fascinating place, I'd like to really explore it.

Hi Susie, just a quick catch up.
The Cathedral is on theme, I like others get a bit ocd over the ceilings but can never seem to get it right !
Hot, bang on theme. Very much like me always in the shade !

Thats like me Chris always under my sunshade, but I still love the sun :) thank you for looking in.

Great image Susie!:clap:
As a non flyer I have no frame of reference for what the sky looks like from up there, but you have made it look spectacular!
Great angle on the wing too....draws the eye perfectly towards that superb morning light!
Nicely done!(y)

Nothing wrong with that Susie. I like the abstract look of it and the amazing blue morning sky as a contrast

Great image Susie!:clap:
As a non flyer I have no frame of reference for what the sky looks like from up there, but you have made it look spectacular!
Great angle on the wing too....draws the eye perfectly towards that superb morning light!
Nicely done!(y)

Thank you Gareth, I wasn't too keen on flying but the more I've done it the more I get used to it.

Great submission Susie, be one for the theme “step” library pic for me

Yes I wonder if that will come up ....thanks Chris.

Love your image for light Susie, a great shot and that mobile is a cracker too.

Thanks dave ....I do keep using my phone must get the camera out!

Morning light, perfect shot. :clap::clap:

Thank you Bob.

Fits the theme well Susie, I like it. Those blues are great and very vibrant too.

Much appreciated Carl.

Nothing wrong with that Susie. I like the abstract look of it and the amazing blue morning sky as a contrast

Thanks for looking in Ian.

Every time I catch up I slip behind again ....I do annoy myself!!!!

At least this gets me up to date again. I made the effort and got my camera out with the macro lens on, I was so pleased to find the newly hatching spiders but focus was a bit hit and miss. I did go out again a few mins ago to try again but there is absolutely no sign of the web at all.

DECAY(ing)

Decay TP 2019 by Susiejb, on Flickr

CROWD(ed)

Crowd(ed) TP 2019 by Susiejb, on Flickr

MY CHOICE I went for a slight abstract of the fly catcher ...I find them fascinating and very photogenic.

Flycatcher by Susiejb, on Flickr

Three fab shots there Susie! Flycatcher is excellent!

Amazing set of images Susie!:clap:
Decay: I love this image! So compelling and wonderfully gruesome! The colours, DoF, sharpness and composition are all flawless!
Crowd: Another terrific macro image! Certainly sharp enough from where I'm sitting and the colours are great. Think of all the annoying flies that these tiny predators are going to feast on very soon!...I find that very comforting indeed!
Free: I agree, flycatchers are fascinating indeed! A carnivorous plant!! Who'd have thought of that?! Your image is fabulously shot, perfectly composed and a joy to look at!
Truly nice work Susie!(y)

Wow! I really like all 3 of those last shots. Great use of macro and really well taken and composed. Fantastic colours and the abstract nature of the free choice is very nice indeed.

3 good images, both flycatcher images are great and there's enough in focus of the spiders for it to work (y)

And the winner this week is........ Susie

Wonderful macros there. Love them all. Superb details and vibrance. Every one of them is catching something just right.

Three fab shots there Susie! Flycatcher is excellent!

Thanks Dave.
Amazing set of images Susie!:clap:
Decay: I love this image! So compelling and wonderfully gruesome! The colours, DoF, sharpness and composition are all flawless!
Crowd: Another terrific macro image! Certainly sharp enough from where I'm sitting and the colours are great. Think of all the annoying flies that these tiny predators are going to feast on very soon!...I find that very comforting indeed!
Free: I agree, flycatchers are fascinating indeed! A carnivorous plant!! Who'd have thought of that?! Your image is fabulously shot, perfectly composed and a joy to look at!
Truly nice work Susie!(y)

Much appreciated Gareth.

Wow! I really like all 3 of those last shots. Great use of macro and really well taken and composed. Fantastic colours and the abstract nature of the free choice is very nice indeed.

Thank you jim, much appreciated.

3 good images, both flycatcher images are great and there's enough in focus of the spiders for it to work (y)

Thanks Allan.

And the winner this week is........ Susie

Wonderful macros there. Love them all. Superb details and vibrance. Every one of them is catching something just right.

Thank you Iam, much appreciated.

Great set of images Susie and good to see you using the camera again, all are great but the flycatcher shot is fantastic imo as you totally nailed it for sure.

It’s about time I dusted the camera off, back to my phone this week!

3 fabulous shots, Susie. Love every one of them, the fly in the Decay really adds interest to the image. I like the depth of field in the spiders shot as is with good separation of the subject and the background.

Thank you Stan.

Great images Susie, the Decaying fly is superb. Nice with the technical as well

Thanks for looking in Chris.

I see what you did there :)

Nicely done. Bang on theme and an amazing looking tree. Wonder if it grew that way or maybe struck by lightning in it's early years

All those close up shots are great Susie. Great details and lighting.
Brilliant

The light shot out of the window is good. Leading lines taking the eye to the catchlight on the tip is good. Overall colours work well with the shades of blue. Bravo

Hi Susie,
Just catching up. Wow - you've taken some beautiful images!
I'm liking the eye contact you have with Hot. Great exposure too.
Light is a stunning image! Beautiful colours and the wing leads me into the image :clap:
Decay, crowded and your choice - all beautiful macro shots. Decay is absolutely cracking!
Whole is a good fit to the theme with great colours. Looks like a lovely place to be :)

Hi Susie,

Above - Phones are very good for Wide Angle shots aren't they, and it's done a good job with the (almost certainly) low available light. Probably all down to the camera(wo)manship :)
Hot - Nice colourful shot. I've not read all the comments on it, but was it through glass as there are marks that might indicate it was. Makes me wish I was on holiday and not watching the rain out of my window at the moment.
Light - I like that. The flash of light at the wing tip is really cool (y)
Decay(ing) - No Comment - Bug Shot urgh.
Free Week - I'm glad there were no flies in your fly catcher :) Cool close-up/macro, loving the way the stems (?) further back give it a kind of bokeh effect.
Whole - Very clever, great find and showing off your holiday weather again I see ;)

Back