Takes on Idolised - February Challenge

sirch

Lu-Tze
Admin
Name
The other Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
So first out of the bag (well, err, spreadsheet) this month was "Idolised", lets see what folk make of that :)

This is a monthly challenge and is open to all. I will post a new theme drawn at random from a list of themes (Takes-on 2019 theme suggestions) at the start of each month. The challenge is to take up to 6 photos to the theme "Idolised " in the month of February 2019 and post them in this thread. Constructive comments are encouraged and should also be posted in this thread. There is a discussion thread for general chat, ideas, etc.

Just to reiterate, photos should be shot and posted this month, February 2019 feel free to jump in whenever you like. Happy shooting :)

The previous month is here - Takes on the season - January Challenge - I have to say the standard in January was very high, may be "idolised" will be a bit more challenging :)

@Cobra, please sticky this thread and unsticky January when you get chance

All done Chris (y)

Oh dear.... minimal inspiration currently :confused:

Old lady waiting for a bus yesterday. Ms d00d gets Idolised. ;)

hLjSNgPcRqCx_LuQngqkwZ1tZ1Es7WNOX6-eX4eiBpAWz4wT43KZL5t5vFZf_NanAnuuPkcqJfb3nhrZGlO3ehil-JzIXlbnTT4GB9xu4KnZ7TazUEO44xhGX6WnZKBshyv8lXGRDkHjHMY-mdT4w4-JDrZy1cbC6wu-NDZdWVeeCHpJO0u_e4TtegNPxCnS-SZ8VyaWNdI2OB8Q-yIWX3x_MCH0bYLU04euAGI8_kUuqEB9JU5L6FqKX2C99xv_rgyA_tydA_mRub74ex70c048AnWWmIFMjDk5uWCmb6U2lX6XLI-PZduD-Era4EK-_91ntaCpEiMwpnCxV9xRuwUPQCoSal4lA-J19gqxBxtgCuOL_BLhfCa5pj1dFXbGwNmMFxOHWJUa2TkuBNEOl8_VHwMm9rqkHb9MAFkyJ7Ps7GOGhdXuoCgiyI7oPv_0YPDOz73lip3Q69XKfLLDnpDd5wTz4CzUfEtn7yho2N1POCrDkjXR_uy7HLc23gI5l37Atd7pf-Cni4DSJPbBCyGo1x6wjHp0XhbrUpxGCHuZ31ajoXcRQNz_v4BuBbFNrdVNX7oAPWCGm1xWcHXJiZW8JJAUhcSCzi2UX3CuFRQgaPp43pbQd8KMx9Xxw02IMzOAzA5_gG1caMu1XH1Tg0X7BdzEYjjyB0lcwHF0RwTifYSkr-frGedoGikHypJ48YyXELSwAz3y9wS1Vxy72QuX5g=w1157-h869-no

Last edited:
I've been struggling with this theme. and then it was feeding time for my cat, and suddenly I felt idolised...

Hopefully I'll come up with something a bit more creative later in the month... and maybe use something better than my laptop camera... for my laptop cat :LOL:

Sooki07-02-2019 at 16.45.jpg

Mmmmmm.... Naughty & Nice :D

i-Wzdn7pX.jpg

Some good stuff here, thanks for contributing.

I'm not much for idolising anything but thought I ought to contribute something. What a faff shooting glass bottles is, one half-decent shot out of a couple of hours of effort

Scotch by Chris H, on Flickr

^^^^^^ nom nom nom :)

Never had that one. I've had the 10, 12 and the superb a'Bunadh :)

That 16 is rather nice too, shame there's not much left :)

I'm not much for idolising anything but thought I ought to contribute something. What a faff shooting glass bottles is, one half-decent shot out of a couple of hours of effort

That is still a great shot Chris and know what you mean about it being a faff. Liking the lighting and colours in the whole image.

That was surprise to hop in and see so many contributions ...glad to see Ms d00d gets idolised d00d :)

Super photos of pets, ‘puters, pints and phone addicts.

That’s a very strange carving on the mask Jon.... spot on for the theme.

And Chris I absolutely love the colour tones in that one of the bottle, definitely well worth the effort.

I first photographed glass for the 52 project and it really is a challenge. You’ve done a great job. I love the ‘antique’ tones in this image too.

Having read the lighting book by Garry Edwards I want to go back and try and do some more glass images.

Two more that I have just taken, using flash on the X100F is fun and trying not to get the flash to show up is crazy.
The Boy King Tutankhamun was worshipped and idolised by many Egyptians.

King Tutankhamun by Dave, on Flickr

Tutankhamun Bust by Dave, on Flickr

Nice one Stan. That Porsche looks well loved.

And Jesus Allan ... liking the extreme upward perspective, excellent detail all round.

Haven't called in here in a while and it's good to see some new photos, thanks for posting.

I keep thinking I must get at least one more shot in before the end of the month

That's bang on for the theme @d00d , love the light streaming in through the window.

Back