Notice The TP 52 Challenge for 2021 chat / discussion thread Week 52 Showcase

Hmm, if only there was a seasonal event occurring this week.

I'm going to do my best to try and get this week's shot on before the end of the week, although 'tis a bit busy.... :LOL:
In the meantime, I hope you all have a very merry Christmas, whatever you're doing and whomever you're with!
IMG_8431.jpeg

I hope you all have a very merry Christmas, whatever you're doing and whomever you're with!
Thanks Simon, and a Merry Christmas to you and your's.
And of course all the 52'ers (y)

Xmas-card-1.jpg

Last edited:
Just popping in to apologise for being a bit slack on commenting on the last couple of weeks

With parents and in laws in N Devon and Northumberland (and living in High Wycombe) Christmas is often busy for us and doesn’t leave a huge amount of time in front of a PC.

Hope you all had a great Christmas - here’s to another 52.

It's the eve of the final theme for 2021! Bring it on :banana::naughty::banana:

Last one!

...forever... :lock:

Week 52,
Well done all those that completed it, well that is one more to go, but it shouldn't be too taxing..
This'll be my 3rd completed one, (and 3 others that failed)
I'm pretty sure I'm out in 2022, but of course I'll be around for the themes, and any issues that may occur.

Onto the final theme for 2021.... Drum roll please

CornyDishonestAlligatorgar-max-1mb.gif

Its always popular this one ... Showcase

For those that don't know or have forgotten,
Post your best or favourite image, from 2021
and it doesn't necessarily have to have been taken for the 52 challenge.

Last edited:
and it doesn't necessarily have to have taken for the 52 challenge.
What a great way to end!

Week 52,
Well done all those that completed it, well that is one more to go, but it shouldn't be too taxing..
This'll be my 3rd completed one, (and 3 others that failed)
I'm pretty sure I'm out in 2022, but of course I'll be around for the themes, and any issues that may occur.

Onto the final theme for 2021.... Drum roll please

View attachment 339372

Its always popular this one ... Showcase

For those that don't know or have forgotten,
and it doesn't necessarily have to have taken for the 52 challenge.

As I have not taken many shots this year, My girl is going in.

Everything is now visible for 2022.
The "front page" will stay locked till next week.
The scrolls are live as is the flickr group.
Gentlemen & Gentlewomen start your engines threads at your leisure

Last edited:
I've just had a look at the spreadsheet. It seems we lost quite a few on the way this year compared to the previous year.

Please could I have a tick for the composite technique @LC2 ? It was in the minuscule week, Will add link in a mo. Thank you for all your work this year too. It can't be easy keeping the scrolls up to date.
#716 <== composite link

Last edited:
I’ve finally caught up with my 52, left it a bit late really. I think my new years resolution will have to be aiming to be more on the ball this time! :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for all the comments and great pictures everyone has put up. They have been a wonderful inspiration for me.

Happy new year everyone!

I've just had a look at the spreadsheet. It seems we lost quite a few on the way this year compared to the previous year.

Please could I have a tick for the composite technique @LC2 ? It was in the minuscule week, Will add link in a mo. Thank you for all your work this year too. It can't be easy keeping the scrolls up to date.
#716 <== composite link
Fixed :)

Practically done, I have Season to do and that's it although I must confess to only doing two of the techs.

My New Year's resolution is to finally catalogue all my old photographs as I can't find some of my best work, I print it out then lose it. Must try to get rid of the duplicates on my hard drives too.

Well done to all the hardworking people who had a hand in running the year - thank you!

And another thank you to all those who posted comments through the year! (<mumbles> I must do better)

It's been another good year for the 52. All targets me for the 4th time :)

Thanks to the team that run this thing :)

Thanks for all the kind words guys, as I say every year, its nothing without you participating.
So a big thanks to everyone that is, and does, make this challenge a great success (y)

Last edited:
Just want to say SORRY for my total lack of comments on last years images, I will be better this year thank god.
No worries Dave, we know that you had a lot of personal issues this past year.
:)

No worries Dave, we know that you had a lot of personal issues this past year.
:)

Thanks Chris, all I will say is the mental health forum I joined I have now left as it made me worse and I actually feel pretty damn great as now really enjoying using the cameras again.

Thanks Chris, all I will say is the mental health forum I joined I have now left as it made me worse and I actually feel pretty damn great as now really enjoying using the cameras again.
That's good to hear (y)
But also sad in a way that a dedicated forum made matters worse :(

Dave, my camera has certainly helped me more than anything this past couple of years - way more than just photography! Thank you to the team! I've certainly been pushed this year. Can I ask I get a wee tick in the box for my final tech on the scrolls please? Week 48 - sky was replaced for composite.

Last edited:
Just a heads up to anyone who might want to know, remember to change your copyright date in camera to 2022.
That's an interesting thought. I don't put the date into my copyright message. Does everyone else then?

Good to hear your studio light will be getting an airing. Mine is still set up at the moment, though I have gone stagnant on ideas :( I still need more gear for a background and maybe a boom stand. It always seems such a faff because I haven't got all the right equipment. My 'table' is a baking sheet on a keyboard stand :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

Just a heads up to anyone who might want to know, remember to change your copyright date in camera to 2022.

I just have my name in the copyright field.

If the exif is intact enough to see your copyright - it will also show the capture time and date.

Dave, my camera has certainly helped me more than anything this past couple of years - way more than just photography! Thank you to the team! I've certainly been pushed this year. Can I ask I get a wee tick in the box for my final tech on the scrolls please? Week 48 - sky was replaced for composite.

Thanks Catclick, I know now that my camera has helped me more than the other forum and after what happened I left it and now feel really good. I have loved my photography since day one and the reason why the 52 is so great for me is the themes do and can get you thinking, I have so many things I want to get into photography wise as now I don't shoot any jazz now I have to look for other subjects to so that is good for me.

According to the keeper of the sacred scrolls, Everyone has finished that is likely to,
That is unless @robj20 is going to do an 8 post catch up? Rob?

Well done those that made it all the way through yet another uncertain year,
And thanks again to the keepers of the scrolls @LC2 & @minx.

Ahead of the start for 2022, I'll be un-pinning all the '21 threads and opening up the remaining '22 thread.

Great stuff :) Congrats to all who finished and many thanks to all who made it happen. It’s been great fun but sadly I don’t feel I’ve had the time to fulfill my end of the bargain commenting wise so apologies for that and good luck to everyone who commits to next years challenge :)

Back