The TP'ers 52 challenge for 2020 The discussion thread Week 52 Decor(ate)

It seems from the keeper of the scrolls we have Possibly "lost" a few over the last few weeks.
Hopefully they may return, and jump back in. (y)

And well done to all those that are continuing to take the challenge,
I know its not easy in the current climate, but with a little easing of restrictions, maybe it will become slightly easier.

Hmmmm liquid :beer::beer::beer:

Hmmmm liquid :beer::beer::beer:

xJn7SPP.gif
To jog your memory, Dave Glenfarclas

:giggle:

Just a coincidence that on the news today there was a report about the worrying amount of alcohol that was being consumed in lockdown???????????? Hic

In this heat I guess we will all be searching out some Liquid one way or another ;)

I suspect that
1) A lot of people will hate this.
Also
2) You may need your lateral thinking caps on for this one :D

Liquid, well a nice theme but last night I finished my bottle of liquid and it was lovely. A good bottle of SpeyBurn as a gift but drank it too quick, glad I have some beer here now :beer:

xJn7SPP.gif
To jog your memory, Dave Glenfarclas

:giggle:

It was a nice set that - and a real shame to chuck that lovely box :)

It's a choice between Ardbeg Corryvreckan and Laphroaig Lore at the moment.

Last edited:

Lucky bas@@@@!:p I got cider, cider or scrumpy!

On my my previous (and only) 52, I was constantly behind. I’d fill in the gaps when I could, but may have reached as many as 8 missing weeks at times. I managed to get them all done by Dec 31st, just!

This time I have been trying to put something up on time and be less picky about my standards.

I don’t think it should be a burden. Just catch up when you can and keep it enjoyable. ... however I’ll still keep self imposed time pressure on me, for now [emoji23] ... managed ‘old’ yesterday [emoji28]
What @Bebop say 100%
I'm often miles behind, I think I caught one image up that was about 3 months old (if I can do that as keeper of the spreadsheet - anyone can!!!)
The only rule(sic) I would try to keep to having to catch up less than 6 images - that seems to be a tipping point (YMMV).

Also bear in mind what @Cobra and I posted back in March - while we're in these unprecedented times, post a re-edited archive image if you can't get a shot and you want to get the week ticked off.

The 52 is meant to be fun, not a chore - Always keep that in mind :)

Thanks both - it's ok, I'm sure I will catch up. Been a bit uninspired by the last couple of themes so think I will be posting an archive (but only by about a month) shot for Colour and get my thinking cap on about Old...

Last edited:

Just remembered I've got some Edradour Bourbon Cask Strength too!

#notsorry

Just a coincidence that on the news today there was a report about the worrying amount of alcohol that was being consumed in lockdown???????????? Hic
Surely not... I'm certainly not worrying about it :p

Last edited:
Going to start my challenge soon, got a bit of catching up to do
emoji16.png
Its up to you, whether you start now at week 21 or from the beginning.
It doesn't matter either way :)
Welcome aboard Gary.

Well, so, because Monday was a bank holiday, does than mean Friday is the new Thursday?

And today is Thursday..........and I’m still in my shielding cage. Unfortunately. Let’s hope for another easy one.

To try and cheer myself up a bit, just treated myself to a Silver X-T4 so hope to have it tomorrow.

Awesome - you'll love it. I'm getting on well with mine. I'm ignoring all the complicated stuff for now and just enjoying the camera :)

I'm now waiting for Kaza to do the leather half case to match my X-Pro2 :)

Awesome - you'll love it. I'm getting on well with mine. I'm ignoring all the complicated stuff for now and just enjoying the camera :)

I'm now waiting for Kaza to do the leather half case to match my X-Pro2 :)

as I have been told to stay in at all counts by a hospital doctor as mums in one now i can have a play with it.

Another easy one, does anyone want to start expanding the themes or are we all happy ( majority) to do "stay at home" ones?

Any household item

Make of that what you will, close up, unusual perspective, full image ...

Last edited:
Another easy one, does anyone want to start expanding the themes or are we all happy ( majority) to do "stay at home" ones?

Any household item

happy either way but as most of us are getting out for walks etc happy to see it expanded too maybe just throw one of the normal themes in and see what the reaction is

Any household item

*Glances sideways at whisky cabinet :naughty:

Any household item

I was just looking through the themes. There don't seem to be too many to me that would mean you would have to leave your house - Bridge might be difficult.

I know I am going to have a 2 week period of isolation before a hospital appointment in June, and probably some people will be wanting to stay home as much as possible, but you could expand it a bit. We could always resort to an archive shot if we really have to. Or can we play a joker? Either way I'm sure we'll cope.

Edit: Actually I've now been told I've got to shield myself, not isolate. It seems that is even less fun. If necessary I'll just have to post something appropriate late.

Last edited:
I was just looking through the themes. There don't seem to be too many to me that would mean you would have to leave your house - Bridge might be difficult.

I know I am going to have a 2 week period of isolation before a hospital appointment in June, and probably some people will be wanting to stay home as much as possible, but you could expand it a bit. We could always resort to an archive shot if we really have to. Or can we play a joker? Either way I'm sure we'll cope.

Edit: Actually I've now been told I've got to shield myself, not isolate. It seems that is even less fun. If necessary I'll just have to post something appropriate late.

Take care of yourself and do whever it takes. From one who's been there and survived hospilisation with this thing trust me - don't take any chances!

Happy either way - whilst the lockdown is reading pretty rapidly here (and I don't think it was as strict as most places in the first place), but I'm limited to a relatively small radius. And it's getting bloody hot, so we're spending a lot of times indoors even without the virus! Low was 32° yesterday...

For the life of me I can't find the posts now, but some time back we did say/suggest.
  • No one is going on the Wall until a reasonable time after the pandemic is over - So don't worry about getting shots in late.
  • Play a joker if you want/need to
  • Do a re-edit of an archive shot
  • Erm, some other stuff I've forgotten - But basically this is supposed to be fun, we're in strange times, so do what you can when you can.

I think with a bit of lateral thinking we should all be able to do whatever you throw at us. Famous last words!

There don't seem to be too many to me that would mean you would have to leave your house
Oh I'm sure I could find plenty :D

Or can we play a joker?
They don't actually exist anymore they were replaced with "Snappers Choice"

But as Tim said
And its in ( updated) da rulz at the top of the themes
Re-edit an archive this is freely available to use with any theme

I think with a bit of lateral thinking we should all be able to do whatever you throw at us. Famous last words!
Ooo is that the sound of a gauntlet hitting the ground? :D

Back