Notice TP 52'ers 2018 Challenge. Sign up (only) thread

And, btw, the picture posting bit is the easy bit ...it's the critique that holds the whole thing together.

I'm looking forward to having a nosey and passing comment about how good some of the photos will be, although being very much a novice with a passion, I don't think I'll be qualified to give critique unless somebody clearly needs help with what they've posted ☺️.

That said, I'm very open to critique from anybody and everybody. It's really valuable for me, as I'm always looking to learn and improve.:snaphappy:

That said I'll defo be an active participator

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to having a nosey and passing comment about how good some of the photos will be, although being very much a novice with a passion, I don't think I'll be qualified to give critique unless somebody clearly needs help with what they've posted [emoji5].

That said, I'm very open to critique from anybody and everybody. It's really valuable for me, as I'm always looking to learn and improve.:snaphappy:

That said I'll defo be an active participator
Sounds like you will find it fun then Gill, novices with passion sound like most of us in the 52 (y)

Go on then, add me.
I started this years with all good intentions of not falling behind with the themes. I started of well, then it went a little pear shaped in the middle, then I got back on track, now it's gone again. I think the most I had to catch up on was two. So I plan to do better this time.

The whole idea of the challenge, as far as I'm concerned, is to get yourself out there and do something you wouldn't otherwise have done. It's not the place to exhibit your archives.

And, btw, the picture posting bit is the easy bit ...it's the critique that holds the whole thing together.

Welcome Gil & all (y)
:agree:

Oh and I work for a joinery company in the office so anything along those lines for 52 weeks would be great thanks Cobra :beer:
So not just any old run of the mill theme wood do then?
Well Mark, my loco based shoe-hornery was about 50% this year, so you need to aim to beat that ;)
2016 was just over 75% for me, I have set the bar (y)

I'm in :D Nearly made it to the end of this year with a few catch-ups, and really enjoyed it. Definitely a challenge to think of things to fit the theme at times, certainly gets the grey matter working :D

I’m in and I will complete it in 2018, now I can drive and have a nice forklift job that gives me weekends free for Photography :):):):)
That's great, welcome back Mandy :)

I'm in :D Nearly made it to the end of this year with a few catch-ups, and really enjoyed it. Definitely a challenge to think of things to fit the theme at times, certainly gets the grey matter working :D
Glad to hear it Georgina, looking forward to seeing your 2018 images :)

I'm in. Definitely been clinging on by my fingertips at times this year but determined to finish for the first time and then again in 2018 :)
Now that is splendid Andrea, really looking forward to your 2018 shots (y)

:wave:

Ok then, sign me up!
Super Job Bernnd... I hope you had a great time travelling, good to see you back in for 2018 (y)

Determined to complete this year's, and do better next year!
Good to see signing up for 2018 Clive... and GOOD LUCK with finishing 2017 :)

Actually looking forward to the 2018 52, as on my old laptop it now has only Linux Mint on it. So some of my shots will be done with that while using Darktable and some will be done with win 10, but as soon as win 10 screws up again I will get Linux on that laptop too. On a good note I can call it Daves Fuji 52 :D:banana::beer::beer:

I tried in 2014 and 2015 and since then my photography has been almost non-existentm, but as I sit here watching a bag with thousands of pounds worth of unused equipment in it looking back at me with complete disdain I find inspiration. So, on top of my recent foray into microscopy (with an on-line course in histology starting in January) and my resurgence of interest in music and saxophone playing (music theory course in progress now), I shall add photography to that list and will be taking part in the 2018 52 challenge. Add me and I'll go as far into 2018 as inspiration takes me.

I tried in 2014 and 2015 and since then my photography has been almost non-existentm, but as I sit here watching a bag with thousands of pounds worth of unused equipment in it looking back at me with complete disdain I find inspiration. So, on top of my recent foray into microscopy (with an on-line course in histology starting in January) and my resurgence of interest in music and saxophone playing (music theory course in progress now), I shall add photography to that list and will be taking part in the 2018 52 challenge. Add me and I'll go as far into 2018 as inspiration takes me.
Welcome back Martin, pleased to see you back in again for 2018 (y)

Looks like you have little else to do :D

Can a relative newbie have a go at this, looking at 2017 themes I might be able to manage but my PP is somewhat lacking compared to the other members on here :)
If I can, anyone can. You'll only know if you try. Try not to think about pp, apart from 3 or 4 of my themes, nothing else has been photoshopped. Lightroom yes, but only pretty basic stuff.

Can a relative newbie have a go at this, looking at 2017 themes I might be able to manage but my PP is somewhat lacking compared to the other members on here :)

Backgrounds, backgrounds, backgrounds

Anyone can have a go and it is a great way to develop your skills what ever level you start from. I'm sure you can do the whole things without any PP but the big thing to watch I find is the background, make sure the subject is clear and distinct and there is nothing distracting in the background.

Hint, watch the background.

BTW did I mention backgrounds :D

Oh and you'll probabaly want to redecorate a few rooms, buy smart new furnature and generally tidy and clean the house so that you have some nice indoors spaces with good backgrounds to shoot in during the dark winter months.

Back