Notice TP 52'ers 2018 Challenge. Sign up (only) thread

Can a relative newbie have a go at this, looking at 2017 themes I might be able to manage but my PP is somewhat lacking compared to the other members on here :)
Of course you can, and you only need to remember two things
1) its your challenge, you do it how you want to
2) have fun doing it (y)

Can a relative newbie have a go at this, looking at 2017 themes I might be able to manage but my PP is somewhat lacking compared to the other members on here :)
Hell yes Paul, it is one of the best ways to lean new techniques, as there are always new themes and re-shoots to experiment on, things you yourself feel could do with trying again, and again if necessary, some will work and some will be big failures but that is how we all learn, plenty of advise about too if you want it... I will add you to the list, welcome and enjoy (y)

Last edited:
I’l give it a go as motivation to get out more, and avoid an “I told you so” from the wife regarding how often I use the new body I have just ordered after a long period of GAS...

I’l give it a go as motivation to get out more, and avoid an “I told you so” from the wife regarding how often I use the new body I have just ordered after a long period of GAS...

Welcome to the 52, the main thing to remember is the rules, there are NONE. It is your challenge so try to enjoy and have fun :cool:

I know I’ll regret this but go on then, put me in

Welcome Guys, good luck with your 52 week challenge (y)

I'm going to do a 52 next year, although not the TP one... I know, I know.
My mum recently got into photography, so I've put a 52 list together to get us both out taking photos, a bit of family bonding or something haha!
I'll stick a thread up if no-one minds...

I'm going to do a 52 next year, although not the TP one... I know, I know.
My mum recently got into photography, so I've put a 52 list together to get us both out taking photos, a bit of family bonding or something haha!
I'll stick a thread up if no-one minds...
There is a personal projects & themes thread here
https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/personal-projects-themes.54/

That may suit you better, than getting it buried in the actual TP 52 challenge (y)

@Cobra as it seems that some folks do not see the 52 challenge in the same way I do so i'm off to do my own thing. I know the thread says Sign Up Only - but this is a sign off - I will however be finishing the 2017 challenge.

@Cobra as it seems that some folks do not see the 52 challenge in the same way I do so i'm off to do my own thing. I know the thread says Sign Up Only - but this is a sign off - I will however be finishing the 2017 challenge.

Sorry you wont be doing it in 2018 52 David, I have enjoyed your photos.

@Cobra as it seems that some folks do not see the 52 challenge in the same way I do so i'm off to do my own thing.
Sorry to see you go David, but none the less enjoy your own project (y)

That's a shame David , good luck with your new challenge (y)

and your comments have been useful. Just fed up with the 'Camera Club' types who do not understand the statement at the top of the 52 Challenge 'There are no rules, only guidelines. '
camera club types, really, never been near a camera club in my life

Last edited:
Good to see so many new faces for next year's 52 Challenge and welcome to you all. :welcome:

Why not use the next two weeks themes as warm-up/practice shots :snaphappy: to get yourself in the zone. :)

A4LjIvz.gif

NE5W1OR.gif

hhhmmmmm

had a look at the spreadsheet and I'm not listed yet :( do you have to be on it to join in the fun..... and how exactly does it work (the spreadsheet that is )

@Dark Knight is the spreadsheet king, he will sort it once he comes on. Don`t worry as you can still join in on the 52 :)

and I'm not listed yet :(
Don't panic Dean ( @Dark Knight ) up dates the spread sheet as and when he gets time,
Just start start when everyone else does (y)

(And if he hasn't added you by then I'll personally kick his arse, how does that sound? :D )

This is for ALL the Newbies to your 1st 52, don`t let the challenge get to you,have fun,join in on the banter and if you get behind Do Not worry as it is your 52 to do as you please. This was my 1st 52 and have loved it and glad I stuck to it.

Every Thursday we have to remember to give the slippery snake a kick to pick the theme :D

Back