Notice TP 52'ers challenge for 2019 Discussion thread Week 52 Out takes

Looking forward to this year, told the wife to not let me fall behind.

Thursday eve Thursday eve! :banana::woot::banana: Thursday eve! :naughty::naughty::naughty:

Come one, whats week 1. Cant wait to get started.

Passing the time on the internet awaiting delivery of a parcel and realised. Its thursday and need to start a new routine on a thursday of checking for the weekly theme of the 52. Suppose Cobra is still at work......I can wait though as I need the parcel to arrive to be able to take the theme. Decided to treat myself at the start of the challenge instead. :banana:. Then Ive got to go to the post office to send a parcel off as my trade in.
Hope this gives me the motivation to get out and take more photos instead of looking at everyone else. Dreading some of the challenges.
See you folks later

Passing the time on the internet awaiting delivery of a parcel and realised. Its thursday and need to start a new routine on a thursday of checking for the weekly theme of the 52. Suppose Cobra is still at work......I can wait though as I need the parcel to arrive to be able to take the theme. Decided to treat myself at the start of the challenge instead. :banana:. Then Ive got to go to the post office to send a parcel off as my trade in.
Hope this gives me the motivation to get out and take more photos instead of looking at everyone else. Dreading some of the challenges.
See you folks later

Well if the theme is 'unboxing' then I think you'll have nailed the brief :)

Well Thursday is nearly gone, where is the snake man :D
Suppose Cobra is still at work......
As you all may remember and for the benefit of the new people, the theme generally is released between 13:00 - 14:00
as thats the time I generally get in from work, today however my route was slightly different, and I'm home a bit earlier,
Let me put the kettle on, and I'll sort a little "Something" for you all (y)

Last edited:
Right then good people of the 2019 52 challenge.
I'll take it easy on you for the next couple of weeks,
The technique, for Jan & Feb is Black & White
At least one of your images for the next 2 months should encompass the technique.

As its a NEW year and a NEW challenge.
Have a guess what the theme is :D

( for the benefit of the new people the theme is always announced in bold and green :D )
The theme will appear here, and in the title bars of the threads under 2019

I now declare the challenge open, good luck people and most of all, have fun (y)

Last edited:
Right then good people of the 2019 52 challenge.
I'll take it easy on you for the next couple of weeks,
The technique, for Jan & Feb is Black & White
At least one of your images for the next 2 months should encompass the technique.

As its a NEW year and a NEW challenge.
Have a guess what the theme is :D

( for the benefit of the new people the theme is always announced in bold and green :D )

Just so I get it right, the theme is New... and it has to be in Black and White ?

and it has to be in Black and White ?
No Dave, as discussed in the idea's thread, previously during 2108, there will be 6 techniques released during the year,
one every 2 months. At least one of your images during those 2 months should be Black and white.

Just so I get it right, the theme is New...
Are you taking the p***? :p

Last edited:
No Dave, as discussed in the idea's thread, previously during 2108, there will be 6 techniques released during the year,
one every 2 months. At least one of your images during those 2 months should be Black and white.

Thanks Chris, glad I`m shooting some jazz on Saturday with my New X100F in B&W :cool:

I might treat myself to Capture One Pro 12, but its hard to press buy at £220.

New. No immediate ideas might have a looks see what some people do first.

Have you checked out the "free ones"? there are a lot.
GIMP seems a popular choice ( Not that I've used it though)

You don't have to take it literally, if you are stuck a quick look at a thesaurus is always a good plan :)

I was lucky and got an upgrade to Pro 12 as had Pro 11, it is one hell of a learning curve after using Adobe but for me it was worth getting Pro 12.

You don't have to take it literally, if you are stuck a quick look at a thesaurus is always a good plan :)

I will figure something out, the wife always helps me as well when it comes to coming up with subjects.

New: Well I was new 49 years ago today, does that count if I do a selfie :D
Its called a shoe horn, and they are perfectly acceptable (y)

New is good. Lots of new stuffs about after Chrimbo :)

In fact - I got a new lens for one of my film cameras and haven’t used it yet. I may tog a train haha!!!!

New . Think I will be able to manage that ok especially I have a new camera and lens. Mmmmmm black and white not something I normally photograph so this will definitely be new to me. Not sure black and white will be in week one. Lets hope the other 51 themes go as well..... I suspect not. looking forward to seeing everyones images.

Looks like you have done a great job this year so far Chris
So far Stan, lets see if they are still happy in a few weeks, when the going gets tough, and the tough have to get going (y)

(Just joking newbies :D )

@Dave70D So we don't keep hogging @Carl Hall's thread...
What's the 50mm f/2 like?
I noticed one in the classified and well, there is much temptation to get something with roughly the same focal length as the 85mm on FF.
And cheaper than getting the 55-200 that has been attracting my attention.

The XF 50mm f2 is one hell of a great lens. Give me a minute.
@LC2

Sam by Dave, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back