Notice TP 52'ers class of 2017 discussion thread week 52 weather ( and done)

I do the same as Cobra and use the thesaurus, you can often get a different angle on a word
Ideas here ... .http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/evolve?s=t

I like the ones that make me think even if at first they seem difficult, every week I'm surprised and impressed by the different interpretations of the themes, that's what keeps the thread interesting.
That's what I do most weeks. Yesterday I checked thefreedictionary ... evolve > evolution > and you can get into Darwinisms. :runaway:

The mobile phone, is that evolve?:D
great minds ... I've got a number of old phones, cameras too and yesterday I was wondering if there's anything strong enough to make a good contrasty image. But not really.

I've now come up with some ideas :banana:
I just need to go and find a dinosaur and a wooly mammoth and get them to pose.

great minds ... I've got a number of old phones, cameras too and yesterday I was wondering if there's anything strong enough to make a good contrasty image.

Old cameras was exactly what I thought too, only to discover most of mine have gone to the kids and now grandkids. It'll sort of lose impact if just my old Olympus mu and the LX 100. I coild throw in the SLR and take the shot with the phone....but

As for the themes, I love 'em; abstract, ambiguous whatever, as others have said there's all sorts of alternatives in the thesaurus.

As another newcomer Shirley, I've loved seeing your shots and would love to see more.

Last edited:
So I take it that most people are happy with the current run of themes?
I did ask the question with a POLL last year, which of course some of the new players may not have seen though...

I did ask the question with a POLL last year, which of course some of the new players may not have seen though...
I'm fine with an eclectic list, like a Forest Gump box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get.

Its a bit odd that no one has admitted that evolve what their idea.:coldfeet:
I'm not sure it was anyone's idea? (Unless you know different? )
It was either rolled over from previous themes that I inherited or one that i just copied from a random word search site.
I certainly don't think deeply about the additions, they are copied from the likes of scrabble words, sites.

I am happy with the list, as once the theme is set all I will do is use the Thesaurus :)

i'm fine with the themes.... i note down the theme then down a few :beer::beer::beer::beer:... and shoot the first thing that enters the brain compartment

I have an idea for Evolve thank god.... off out to shoot it tomo....
Expect the unexpected....

As for theme titles, they are not meant to be easy, it would be boring after a few weeks with themes like Hat, Dog, Boat etc... every week would be 50 images of 1 item, for me the theme MUST be varied as to need the possibility of wide interpretations, for me that is what gets the grey matter working and the creative juices flowing, well that's my thoughts anyhoooo :)

Last edited:
As for theme titles, they are not meant to be easy, it would be boring after a few weeks with themes like Hat, Dog, Boat etc... every week would be 50 images of 1 item, for me the theme MUST be varied as to need the possibility of wide interpretations, for me that is what gets the grey matter working and the creative juices flowing, well that's my thoughts anyhoooo :)

I concur.

:)

I agree wholeheartedly, but this week Ive really struggled and thats unusual for me.

I do the same as Cobra and use the thesaurus, you can often get a different angle on a word
Ideas here ... .http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/evolve?s=t

I like the ones that make me think even if at first they seem difficult, every week I'm surprised and impressed by the different interpretations of the themes, that's what keeps the thread interesting.

This one @Cobra :)

Sheepishly walks in and says hi :muted: :muted:

Public apology and thank you to Cobra.

Business as usual then (y)
Woo Hoo :banana: :D

I agree wholeheartedly, but this week Ive really struggled and thats unusual for me.
Agreed was sure a tough one, I bet there will be masses of variety this week, and shoehorns everywhere :LOL:

Sheepishly walks in and says hi :muted: :muted:

Public apology and thank you to Cobra.
Hey Roger, good to see you back, I assume (hope) you will be posting again (y)

Back