Notice TP 52'ers class of 2017 discussion thread week 52 weather ( and done)

Thanks folks, I like photos but I like to tell the story about them and the 365' are like stamping a photo on a card, plod plod. The 52's is interesting for a moment then its gone and then the long wait. I've started my FB groups to put the Lleyn Peninsula on the map, we're being drowned and pushed off the map by Clwyd. Its a way of getting new friends which I'm short of. I like telling a story about my photos but I embaressed to ramble on here about my photos it makes me look big headed which I'm far from that. I don't know what evolve means anyway, google says progress, progress here ( I mean Morfa Nefyn ) that is a joke.

Last edited:
I know we keep adding to the list of themes but do we ever remove any like ... oh I dunno .. err.. evolve for example :facepalm:
The problem is of course the themes are a list of words for people to interpret, anyone of us could produce a list of themes that we felt more suitable as photographic subjects,
but half the 52'ers would think wtf?
Of course feel free to suggest any (y)
I like telling a story about my photos but I embaressed to ramble on here about my photos it makes me look big headed
There's nothing wrong with a bit of background to the image, no one would think you are big headed, "We" have 2 choices, we either read the narrative or we don't.
What I'm saying is don't worry about it :)

Its a way of getting new friends which I'm short of.
Awww we are all friends here :)

Well it's off the list now
emoji15.png
:D

Does this list of themes evolve over time or are the themes picked from the same pool of themes each year?

Does this list of themes evolve over time
Now there's a thought a screen grab of the "list" for this week :D

The way it works is that the un-used ones get carried over to the next year, others are added at that that time, (or suggested through the year) but nothing that has been used in the last 2 years is used.
Additions are suggested and picked randomly from the web.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of background to the image, no one would think you are big headed, "We" have 2 choices, we either read the narrative or we don't.
What I'm saying is don't worry about it :)

Awww we are all friends here :)

:D

Exactly, I've over the (many) years always included a short brief for the image taken for that week; i.e. the reasons why and how I interpreted the theme so fellow 52'ers understand my thoughts and processes behind the shot. 'Big Headedness' never crosses my mind. So @Shirleyr no need to leave us and drop out so early, you are one of the few active members here and I always enjoyed reading your posts.

The problem is of course the themes are a list of words for people to interpret, anyone of us could produce a list of themes that we felt more suitable as photographic subjects,
but half the 52'ers would think wtf?
Fair point but we seem to have had a few (Power, Evolve) that have no direct visual representation, which is good in one way because it gets us thinking and it's interesting to see how people interpret it but sometimes not having to think too hard is good too :)

A year or two ago we had ENVY, that did my head in, the toughest ever.

Evolve(d) ... I've got a couple of ideas ...

*Survival-Of-The-Fittest ... think Darwin, bird eat bird in Hyde Park, got a couple of beauts, I'll be on the lookout for a new one.

*More Darwin ... the origin of species .... Mrs d00d & I wearing a fig leaf and OOF forbidden fruits. Or should that be an OOF fig leaves.

Thanks folks, I like photos but I like to tell the story about them and the 365' are like stamping a photo on a card, plod plod. The 52's is interesting for a moment then its gone and then the long wait. I've started my FB groups to put the Lleyn Peninsula on the map, we're being drowned and pushed off the map by Clwyd. Its a way of getting new friends which I'm short of. I like telling a story about my photos but I embaressed to ramble on here about my photos it makes me look big headed which I'm far from that. I don't know what evolve means anyway, google says progress, progress here ( I mean Morfa Nefyn ) that is a joke.

Don't give up on the 52, Shirley. I've barely caught up or even started getting around the other threads yet but you've clearly been a big contributor in this thread, suggesting new themes and keeping it ticking over. I usually write something about my photos and the thought process behind them, too, so don't think you need to stop that. As someone else said, it's up to us whether we read the text or not, but I enjoy reading the comments people post along with their photos. I hope you reconsider and run the 52 alongside your other interests.

Fair point but we seem to have had a few (Power, Evolve) that have no direct visual representation, which is good in one way because it gets us thinking
Power, off the top of my head, pylons, one of those static electricity balls, a storm, ( OK that ones a bit unlikely)
What I do, well did at least, I used to look at a thesaurus for alternates if I was stuck.
but sometimes not having to think too hard is good too :)
Fair point, I can throw out some of the ambiguous ones and add more specifics if that's what people want,
But then again doesn't that clash with your "takes on" challenge?

Its your 52 guy's I'm happy to run it which ever way you want (y)

I like the challenge as it really gets you thinking, like my Evolve shot. I knew that insects evolved a long time ago, so good old Google helped me out :)
Hasn't all life evolved, so a photo of any living organism would be on theme ☺️

Hasn't all life evolved, so a photo of any living organism would be on theme ☺️
Well TBH, that was line of thinking too.
I wonder if sometimes the themes are "Over thought" ?

Last edited:
Reactions: rpn
Although evolve(d) is a particular tricky subject, i will still give it a go, but maybe a little look down the list of themes to reject a few ambiguous subjects wouldn't go amiss.
This is my first year so don't really know how previous years have gone and don't really feel qualified to say this or that should be rejected.

Although evolve(d) is a particular tricky subject, i will still give it a go, but maybe a little look down the list of themes to reject a few ambiguous subjects wouldn't go amiss.
This is my first year so don't really know how previous years have gone and don't really feel qualified to say this or that should be rejected.
A tricky one for sure, ambiguous I'm not so sure. But it's a cracking theme. The tricky ones are the best. No doubt we're going to get the odd fossil, cat, whatever, but I think we all know spontaneity when we see it.

Your input is as valid as anyone else Dom (y)

For me imo I would not want to say, oh drop that one or this one.
Oh and BTW (Everyone) there is always the option of playing a joker, if you don't like a theme, do your own thing.
Some people ( in the past) have set the number of jokers they will play 4/5/6 etc through the year.
Its in the (not) RULES . :) under #1

Oh! thanks you lot. Its was harder not posting yesterday than posting. I had a mission when I got up yesterday and you could say it including evolved. I googled this word and lots of meaning of it are progress and or move forward.
I don't do Christmas tree because my Dad died few years ago 4 days before Christmas day, that ends there. Last week in a Lidl they had an offer of twisted willow twigs and Easter eggs ( they seem to be plastic as they bounce ) on sale 6th April. My Easter treat is moving on from no Christmas tree was to have an Easter tree, I was on a bus first thing and came back armed with bunches of twigs and decorated eggs.
Bit of a fidderly ( I'm not sure that is a word) job but its come out rather nice and very pretty with a bit of light in the evening. Excuse the window sill, blame the dog for scratching it and the wall blame, the cat for scratching its claws on it.
So, with a small version of Evolve and a Happy Easter for all, I give you my thanks and best wishes.
Easter tree .jpg

Sorry, didn't mean to start a big debate and hope no one thinks I was having a go. :coat:
Not at all Chris, as above, debate is good, everyone's point is as valid as anyone else's (y)

Oh and BTW (Everyone) there is always the option of playing a joker, if you don't like a theme, do your own thing.
Some people ( in the past) have set the number of jokers they will play 4/5/6 etc through the year.
Its in the (not) RULES . :) under #1

I think I set my self know more than 7 jokers, but would only use one as a last resort if I could not manage on theme.

I would say Yes, as they use to be the size of a house brick, now they are tiny :)
They used to be the size of a house brick, then the size of a match box, then as thin as paper and now they're getting big again. So I would say that, yes they have evolved and now they are starting to go back (well by size anyway) ☺️

I do the same as Cobra and use the thesaurus, you can often get a different angle on a word
Ideas here ... .http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/evolve?s=t

I like the ones that make me think even if at first they seem difficult, every week I'm surprised and impressed by the different interpretations of the themes, that's what keeps the thread interesting.

Last edited:
I do the same as Cobra and use the thesaurus, you can often get a different angle on a word
Ideas here ... .http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/evolve?s=t

I like the ones that make me think even if at first they seem difficult, every week I'm surprised and impressed by the different interpretations of the themes, that's what keeps the thread interesting.

Absolutley Susie, I love being awkard and coming at a theme from a weird angle.....
But sometimes its not easy fro sure.....

And if it was easy, everyone would be doing it.....

Back