weekly Trying again in 2014 - week 6 Mineral, and week 7 Sense

Hi, have to agree too about the focus, but a difficult subject matter

Agree with Andy above re focus. but nice idea... they are not easy to capture...
thanks will have another go
Close - nice idea and good colours.

Bubble - works well, just a bit off in the focusing.

Thanks

Hi, have to agree too about the focus, but a difficult subject matter
Thanks

Hi Liz, nice idea for close, like the DOF. Not sure I like that blue and grey thing top left.
Lovely sharp detail on the bubbles but a little too dark for me.
Cheers.

Thanks

Hi Liz :wave:

Close....quite like that but think I'd like the thing on the lhs either fully in shot or totally out of it as I have no idea what it is ?

Bubbles like that are really hard to focus on but you have lots plus the large centreish one & I like the focus being on the smaller ones inside the big one...if that makes any sort of sense :thinking:

Close - Good idea and nice angle of the razor but the object (shaving foam bottle?) on the left distracts
Bubble - I'm struggling with the focus on this on I'm afraid

Haven't forgot about this just been mega busy at work, I will be catching up this week whilst I'm on holidays

I still have to complete my smoke, but here are my takes on week 6 mineral, and week 7 sense

Salt is a mineral, and the sea is salty so here is my take on mineral

_MG_7594
by jalizcazan, on Flickr

and Heres Tess using her sense of smell

_MG_7745
by jalizcazan, on Flickr

Mineral - nice composition love the detail in the sky and the sea lapping at the sand nice one.

Sense - lovely dog, crit wise for me I would prefer a colour shot, secondly I find her nose out of focus. So I would of preferred the focus to be on her nose.

+1 for Mandy's dog-nose comment.

I think the mineral picture is pushing the theme a bit but it's a lovely image.

Hi Lizzy

Minearl....seascape works fine for me , niggled by the rhs being slightly darker than the left ( i knoe it's natural but can't help feeling a tweak in LR or whatever editing suite you have would just even it out a little . Like the curve of the waves.... but I'd crop it so the wave starts coming in to the picture from the lower lh corner

Senes , good shot of your pooch doing what she loves to do but agree with the nose being oof

Mineral - agree with Lynne about vignetting on the rhs, but I like the shot and I can smell that sea air!

Sense - nice shot too.

Mineral - Nice enough image but I feel it needs some foreground interest. As has been said the exposure on the right hand side needs attention

Sense - Not sure if slightly oof or motion blur but a lovely looking springer nonetheless. Looks like you had a great holiday.

Mineral - I agree with whats been said regarding some foreground interest and the RH being darker. That said still a nice image (y)

Sense - I like the B&W just the nose needs to be the focus point given the theme.

Mineral, nicely composed and a great subject, the image overall looks a little dark though.
Sense, mono works well but as mentioned the focal point is slightly off.

Great images.

Sense, bit of a shoehorn, but I quite like the calmness and don's mind the central horizon.

Smell, nice detail and well composed.

Cheers.

Thanks for all your comments folks still in, but am a little behind again, but am not going to panic this is my 52 so will do it my way

Back