weekly Vanishedbob's 52 Thread 2020

Music
It's an eclectic mix of tickets you've got there.

Colourful
I don't mind street art, but I'm not so much a fan of graffiti.

Great colourful image - you're right, there is always one idiot to lower the tone :LOL::LOL:

Great selection of ticket stubs there for music. A really good image for the theme.

Good fun image for Colourful. I love the humour too. It took me a surprisingly long time to spot it!!

Excellent, love the added knob :ROFLMAO: I take it the Covid bit of that is a recent addition
Love your barbed wire shot.
And the graffiti plus knob! At first I thought you were referring to a one of the "artists".
Well spotted and with added humor. Although the composition is strong as is, a slightly tighter crop to remove the background house helps in my opinion.
Always love a bit of harmless graffiti.
I would kind of go the other way to Stan and maybe add a bit more dead space. But the letterbox does work.
Music
It's an eclectic mix of tickets you've got there.

Colourful
I don't mind street art, but I'm not so much a fan of graffiti.
Great colourful image - you're right, there is always one idiot to lower the tone :LOL::LOL:
It's certainly colourful and a future reminder of these times.
Great selection of ticket stubs there for music. A really good image for the theme.

Good fun image for Colourful. I love the humour too. It took me a surprisingly long time to spot it!!

Thank you all.

Certainly rusty.
I feel there is potentially a better composition there though (or adjustment in pp).
I would be looking at the angles, maybe coming in a lot closer? Dunno, what d'ya think?

Good take on the theme :)

Fits the theme but as has been mentioned difficult to get a good picture

Old
I'm sure there's a reason for it, but why do people out padlocks on fences?

Nice shot for old effective use of DOF.

Nice dof. I might have cropped some of the right hand image to focus more on the central locks. Not the easiest of subjects.

They certainly appear old David
The craze has been around a few years now, so who knows.

Nice shot for old, they do look old even if they aren't.

Can`t beat a good bit of rust, very nicely taken.
Certainly rusty.
I feel there is potentially a better composition there though (or adjustment in pp).
I would be looking at the angles, maybe coming in a lot closer? Dunno, what d'ya think?
Good take on the theme :)
Fits the theme but as has been mentioned difficult to get a good picture
Old
I'm sure there's a reason for it, but why do people out padlocks on fences?
Nice shot for old effective use of DOF.
Nice dof. I might have cropped some of the right hand image to focus more on the central locks. Not the easiest of subjects.
They certainly appear old David
The craze has been around a few years now, so who knows.
Interesting shot for Old David. I wonder why they are all there? I fell I agree with Tim - a closer crop towards the top left maybe?
Works for old David.
Nice shot for old, they do look old even if they aren't.

Thank you again for your comments and CC. To be honest it was a bit crowbarred in this week. In my eagerness to get a non archived shot in, I picked a suitable shot I'd done this week I could pass off as "old". The other shots from the bridge are below, but didn't think any of them stood out as old for the subject.

I think the Padlocked Bridge thing is something couples do as a romantic gesture. I believe it started in Paris and has taken off in other places..

IMG_9459 by 4444 Photography, on Flickr

IMG_9465 by 4444 Photography, on Flickr

IMG_9468 by 4444 Photography, on Flickr

Interesting image for Old I like it I like the angle of view. Great take on the theme.

Week 21 Liquid & Technique.

Filey Seashore. Dull and predictable this week. Sea is water and water is liquid. Taking some snaps on Filey beach last weekend. Found an unremarkable picture of the shoreline I took. Made it look a bit better (I think) in Black & White and phoned it in for my week 21 liquid submission. Promise to try harder next time.

IMG_9825 by 4444 Photography, on Flickr

Nice clarity of the breaking waves, and I like the rays/rain in the background.
Looks like you edited in LR (Exif - Creator Tool - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic 9.2.1 (Windows)) so you needed to run the transform tool and check the horizon. The sea is going to run out of the RHS of the shot ;)

A pleasing progression of straight lines. As said, a slight correction of the horizon would be good.

There's not a lot wrong with that Stuart.
It works well in B&W.

Very nice layered seascape, works very well in B&W, good Contrast. Wonky horizon needs sorting.

Pete

I think it’s fab. Really like black and white edit and the texture that shows through in each section created by the waves

It looks good to me. I like the lines of waves and the sky is pretty good too.

Not much need to try harder methinks. I really like this shot: a wall poster for sure!
Nice clarity of the breaking waves, and I like the rays/rain in the background.
Looks like you edited in LR (Exif - Creator Tool - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic 9.2.1 (Windows)) so you needed to run the transform tool and check the horizon. The sea is going to run out of the RHS of the shot ;)
A pleasing progression of straight lines. As said, a slight correction of the horizon would be good.
There's not a lot wrong with that Stuart.
It works well in B&W.
Very nice layered seascape, works very well in B&W, good Contrast. Wonky horizon needs sorting.

Pete
Works for me too - the waves show a nice progression up the photo.
Not a lot wrong with that works for me really suits the B&W conversion.
I think it’s fab. Really like black and white edit and the texture that shows through in each section created by the waves
Very nice seascape image, goes great in B&W.
Nice seascape, I'm only 5 minutes from the sea but staying clear while the weather is nice and the virus is about.
It looks good to me. I like the lines of waves and the sky is pretty good too.

Thank you one and all! Lovely comments.

Unfortunately there’s been a lot of this recently, I like the composition of the picture and the overall meaning to it

Well spotted David, and yes it is a sad reflection on today's society :(

Back