weekly Vanishedbob's 52 Thread 2020

Secure - I like your take on the theme you take tel its been battered by the sea with the weathering.

Secure, a bit of an anomaly really isn't it?
There are some miserable gits around :(
Well spotted,

Week 29. Personal.

My Paternal Grandmother died in 1946. When my father was 3. My other 3 grandparents lived till a ripe old age, including my Grandfather in this picture. My Granddad lived with myself and my parents until he passed away when I was 15. This photo and my Grandma's rosary beads were on the old sideboard he had in his bedroom. He never talked about her, but when I sometimes took him a cuppa in, in a morning before he woke, the photo was sometimes on his bedside table instead of the sideboard. He died in 1984. And as his stuff was packed away and dished out and ultimately forgotten, the photo and the beads soon disappeared from my memory. Sadly in May this year, their daughter, my beloved aunt passed away and me being one of her very few living relatives had to go through the task of clearing her flat and belongings. The photo and the Rosary Beads were amongst her things and are now in my possession. The photo is one of only two I have ever seen of my Grandma and I am delighted.

IMG_3823-2 by 4444 Photography, on Flickr

Last edited:
Great story and an interesting pic :)

lovely story and an excellent interpretation of the theme
Great story and an interesting pic :)
Another lovely back story and a very good image of them.
Really nice composition and a nice back story too.
Great story and a wonderful image too, totally nailed the shot as it just pops with the white BG.
Thanks for sharing the story, very touching. And the image itself is very well executed (y)
Very nicely set up and well shot. The back story is always interesting as well.
Lovely image for Personal nicely composed and processed.
Great mementoes - nicely done.
Lovely story and certainly fit's the theme.

Thank you for your kind words. I enjoyed making this photo a lot.

Took me a minute to realise it was a follow through. Perhaps I would have lined up the 'don't know what you call it but the lighter path bit' across each of the three images. But an excellent idea!

Personal. A nicely taken shot and a lovely story. I get quite emotional when I come across forgotten or never seen mementoes of my family.

Graceful. A great idea for the theme and I like the way you've done it. It looks like he hit that one really well.

He certainly gave that a wallop!

Not my idea of fun, cricket that is, but a nice collage David

Great idea for graceful, well shot :)

Nice series - would agree it might be improved a little by lining the shots up with the same view

Took me a minute to realise it was a follow through. Perhaps I would have lined up the 'don't know what you call it but the lighter path bit' across each of the three images. But an excellent idea!
Personal. A nicely taken shot and a lovely story. I get quite emotional when I come across forgotten or never seen mementoes of my family.

Graceful. A great idea for the theme and I like the way you've done it. It looks like he hit that one really well.
He certainly gave that a wallop!
S I X.

Nicely shot set put together.
Clever idea very well executed, I agree with lining up the light bits.
Great take on the theme and a nice set.
Not my idea of fun, cricket that is, but a nice collage David
Nicely taken - and the pictures definitely tell a story!
Very graceful movement with the bat but I like to see the ball in one of the shots.
nice series of images that tell a story
Great idea for graceful, well shot :)
Nice series - would agree it might be improved a little by lining the shots up with the same view
Great Sky, beautiful reflections, lovely lighting...Excellent shot.

Great comments. Thank you very much.

Good spot! Yes, I agree there is a Schutzstaffel resemblance! lol

Well spotted and it makes a good pattern albeit a now controversial pattern that could see you publicly disgraced and shot at dawn on the steps of Talk Photography HQ. As was said in the great escape....Good Luck.

Graceful - Cool idea for the shot. Kinda wish you'd caught the ball in the first shot though (at least I can't see it).
Static - Wow, that water is a millpond! Cool shot, lovely reflections and i love the subject matter (always fancied living on a narrow boat).
Pattern - Another pattern should where I think less is more. IMO a square crop would focus the viewer more than the portrait does. (Just my opinion though).

Static - really nice, great sky in that image and captures the them very well - a serene view.

Patterns - I like the abstract nature of this image and the contrast is very good.

Static: Lovely light, sky and reflections. Makes me want to be there.
Patterns: Well spotted and the contrasty lighting makes the shot.

Last edited:
Back