weekly viv1969 (Ruth) 52 Challenge - SPIRAL Added

Hi Viv

Vertical.......oohhhh....never managed to master smoke trails so I'm well envious & impressed......lovely colors & a super black bg :clap:

Relax .....lovely image, very calming great framing of the cup & the tag works well in the subtle greeny color :clap: The 2 things I'm not sure about are the grin & the darker area's in the bg :thinking: but I guess that's a personal thing

Bold - a really clever but yet simple take on the theme.

Relax - a good choice for the theme, camomile tea is meant to be nice and relaxing.

Vertical - cracking image, I really this lovely colours in the smoke.

Firstly, sorry for the delay in acknowledging your comments everyone.
I've been off sick this week and feeling lousy.
Quite pleased I got the shot for this week on Sunday because I don't think I could have been arsed since then! :LOL:

Relax - placeholder schmaceholder... That's a lovely photograph. Simple - yes, but simple works really well for this. I like the contrasting OOF blob to the right of the cup which adds some indistinct background interest.

Also I really like vertical with careful composition and use of colour against a black background which shows some real lighting skill. Some lovely photography in this thread.

I always have to look for something in the smoke / water splash art images, and I finally found a dolphin in yours.
Oh and "casper" wearing a bandanna ( should I seek help? ) :D

Very nice Ruth, nice and colourful too (y)

Wow love Vertical Ruth.... Very nice! How did you get all the colours in the smoke? [emoji15][emoji5]️

Hi, nice colour in the smoke and certainly vertical, always fun to play with mirror imaging these to see what happens

Vertical - wow - I really like that Ruth, there's a lovely range of colours in there and the lighting is spot on. :clap:

I keep meaning to have a shot at this....one day

Lovely colours and plenty of space around the photo. Really like this. I'm also intrigued - how did you get the colours?

A lovely colourful vertical image and well composed. no crib from me. now where are my incense sticks:exit:

Hi Ruth :)

Bold - A lovely simple idea, very star wars esk in appearance, I really like the narrowing of the text, and the bang on position of the narrow DoF - bang on sharp where it needs to be :)

Relax - Now for a placeholder this is a lovely shot again, I really like your lighting, and the placement of the tea bag label, the small hint of something in the background works for me too, all in all with the chosen crop it's a good image for the theme for me (y)

Vertical - I do like these smoke images, having not tried one myself when I see brightly coloured ones like this I am dead keen to give it a go, some great colours there and set off really nicely with a good black background - Nice One :)

An unusual take on the theme, I've done smoke shots before for my 2013 E.T.C. challenge here but no where near as colourful as yours.

Hi Ruth

Vertical... me likes this one.. Love the colours.
I am like DK a smoke image virgin, but think its going to have to go on my to do list.

Hi Viv

Vertical.......oohhhh....never managed to master smoke trails so I'm well envious & impressed......lovely colors & a super black bg :clap:

Relax .....lovely image, very calming great framing of the cup & the tag works well in the subtle greeny color :clap: The 2 things I'm not sure about are the grin & the darker area's in the bg :thinking: but I guess that's a personal thing

Bold - a really clever but yet simple take on the theme.

Relax - a good choice for the theme, camomile tea is meant to be nice and relaxing.

Vertical - cracking image, I really this lovely colours in the smoke.

Once again everyone I really do thank you for your time and comments.
You're restoring my faith in my hobby :)

Chris, you should seek help yes.....Always, and fast :LOL:

The colours in the smoke are simply random passes of the colour brush in PP on pretty low saturation.
I found the uncoloured version very boring!

Very Dissapointed that Mr Hissy hasnt seen the Cobra yet in that smoke.....:rolleyes:

Love this shot, if i were to say "COOL" and my kids were around they would probabaly say Daaaaaad! Kids today uh! they think they invented these words! Dig those groovy colours:)
Really nice work love the lighting!

wow very clever, I tried this once but was cr@p so gave it up :p love the colours in it too :banana:

PS forgot to comment on your relax shot, which is bad as it is one of my favourite shots of all the weeks of all the peeps so far (sorry everyone else :p ) so not much of a comment really, lol just a huge well done :clap:

Very Dissapointed that Mr Hissy hasnt seen the Cobra yet in that smoke.....:rolleyes:

Love this shot, if i were to say "COOL" and my kids were around they would probabaly say Daaaaaad! Kids today uh! they think they invented these words! Dig those groovy colours:)
Really nice work love the lighting!

All I can see in the smoke is a creepy clown face which, now I've spotted it, I can't UNsee!! :eek:
wow very clever, I tried this once but was cr@p so gave it up :p love the colours in it too :banana:

PS forgot to comment on your relax shot, which is bad as it is one of my favourite shots of all the weeks of all the peeps so far (sorry everyone else :p ) so not much of a comment really, lol just a huge well done :clap:

Thanks Summer, that really is kind of you :)

Excellent work on Vertical Ruth. Beautifully exposed and the colours work really well (y)

Cheers Chris, appreciate that :)

I love the idea of bold, I wish I'd thought of that. Nicely done too, DOF is spot on.

The smoke shot is nice, the colours really compliment the form.

Hi Ruth, sorry for being late stopping by your thread. You have took some cracking images, watery is the stand out for me but they are all great shots and bang on theme, I look forward to seeing more from you.

Loving the relax image nice simple and Verrrrrry relaxing :)
Vertical is cool too can't add much to whats been said.

Gaz

I love the idea of bold, I wish I'd thought of that. Nicely done too, DOF is spot on.

The smoke shot is nice, the colours really compliment the form.

Hi Ruth, sorry for being late stopping by your thread. You have took some cracking images, watery is the stand out for me but they are all great shots and bang on theme, I look forward to seeing more from you.

Loving the relax image nice simple and Verrrrrry relaxing :)
Vertical is cool too can't add much to whats been said.

Gaz

Thanks fellas....greatly appreciated.

Aaagh, Ruth that's great in a horrible sort of way :facepalm: I don't know how you did it but there is no doubt it fits the theme :)

Definitely fits the theme . As you say it is likely to be a marmite shot, very original and look forward to you sharing tbe how you did it hopefulky.

Vertical - Nice take on the theme Ruth and great colours

Mouth - Excellent

Phil

Great work Ruth I thought about a similar idea with the foot but my pp skill poor bordering on awful.

Aaagh, Ruth that's great in a horrible sort of way :facepalm: I don't know how you did it but there is no doubt it fits the theme :)

Thanks Jill.....It is a bit gruesome eh? :)

Definitely fits the theme . As you say it is likely to be a marmite shot, very original and look forward to you sharing tbe how you did it hopefulky.

Cheers Mandy. My PP skills are limited at best, and I only use PSP (generously gifted to me) :)
This is simply a case of taking the image of the hand, and the image of the mouth...carrying out the BW conversion etc in exactly the same manner, then resizing the mouth and layering it over the hand.
Then it's a matter of some careful layer erasing.
I knew how I wanted it to look, and whilst this isn't exactly it, it's close enough for government work :LOL:

Vertical - Nice take on the theme Ruth and great colours

Mouth - Excellent

Phil

Appreciate you looking and commenting Phil :)

Great work Ruth I thought about a similar idea with the foot but my pp skill poor bordering on awful.

Simon, If I can do it, anyone can! :)

Mouth - that's kind of freaky, but it is certainly different and works for the theme.

Thanks Mandy.....Freaky will do for me!

I think I'm going to have nightmares !!!!
Very cleverly done but urgh ! :)

Excellent, just the reaction I was going for! :LOL:

hi, really good, very nice bit of photoshopping :clap:

Why, thank you sir :)

Thats handy :D

Very clever clever Ruth, nice processing too, it works well (y)

Just catching up (well, trying to...)

Relax: Works for me but it's maybe just a bit too soft maybe? I maybe wrong though as it kinda works just as it is.

Vertical: Very nice. I too have the urge to get the incense sticks out again :)

Mouth: I like the idea and PP but, as an image, doesn't do anything for me really - sorry :(

Just catching up (well, trying to...)

Relax: Works for me but it's maybe just a bit too soft maybe? I maybe wrong though as it kinda works just as it is.

Vertical: Very nice. I too have the urge to get the incense sticks out again :)

Mouth: I like the idea and PP but, as an image, doesn't do anything for me really - sorry :(

Thanks for commenting Lee.
The tea image even I wasn't best impressed with :LOL:
And Mouth? Well, I know from the get go that it was never going to be everyone's cup of the above!
I appreciate your comments though :)

Very clever Ruth, works well, although I think it is a bit of a marmite shot (btw I love marmite :D ) (y)

Cheers Chris. I'm trying to (as they say) "think outside the box" a little each week.
Pretty sure my brain will explode at some point :LOL:

Definitely original, nice bit of imaginative Photoshop work, great work.

Thank you John....appreciate that :)

Definitely fits the theme - and well done - really different! :)

Thanks for commenting Michaline :)

Hi Ruth ...eeek I'm miles behind with your thread !

Relax ...I love it ...your shot oozes calm and tranquility, great composition.

Vertical ...I love smoke images I did some last year on here, I must have another try ...super colours in that one, an excellent choice for the theme.

Mouth ....imaginative and very well executed, but not one I'd want on my wall :)

Mouth ... Brilliantly funny ... whatever you've done there.

I have seen this kind of thing done before but have never seen teeth like that.

I agree with everyone!

[Dodges marmite question admirably]

Hi Ruth ...eeek I'm miles behind with your thread !

Relax ...I love it ...your shot oozes calm and tranquility, great composition.

Vertical ...I love smoke images I did some last year on here, I must have another try ...super colours in that one, an excellent choice for the theme.

Mouth ....imaginative and very well executed, but not one I'd want on my wall :)

Mouth ... Brilliantly funny ... whatever you've done there.

I have seen this kind of thing done before but have never seen teeth like that.

wierd and wonderful at the same time, on theme, cant say much more ha ha

I agree with everyone!

[Dodges marmite question admirably]

Cheers everyone for dropping in and commenting! :)

Hi Ruth,

Mouth - now this is weird, but very clever :) fantastic processing, well on theme, but I may just have nightmares tonight :D

Hey Ruth
Mouth: LOVE IT! It really grabs your attention - freaky and fabulous:ROFLMAO:

Back