weekly Viv1969's Try at 52....The Sequel....2016 Week 50, 51 & 52.... And finished

Week 11 - Artificial.

I can't decide whether or not I prefer a little separation, so just for comparison.....

Last edited:
Clever Idea Ruth, (y)

Haha, well done on getting in first with the pp fakery (or did you know this theme was coming and grew those carrots in blue water? ;) ).
Works well against the white background. Was that done in pp, or against a white sheet? (if it was pp, then good job with the selection).

The middle is either genetically engineered or grown in Chernobyl but most certainly is better equipped to help you see in the dark. Fab interpretation of the theme - love the vibrant colours Ruth. :clap:

Clever Idea Ruth, (y)

Thanks Chris, though I'm not sure I shouldn't be thinking of expanding my repertoire a bit :D

Haha, well done on getting in first with the pp fakery (or did you know this theme was coming and grew those carrots in blue water? ;) ).
Works well against the white background. Was that done in pp, or against a white sheet? (if it was pp, then good job with the selection).

Thank you Tim.
The carrots are a highly secret experim.......oh bugger :facepalm:
The BG is a very large sheet of heavyweight white paper hung in front of a conservatory window with the sun out.
The carrots were hung from the window opener, and voila :LOL:

The middle is either genetically engineered or grown in Chernobyl but most certainly is better equipped to help you see in the dark. Fab interpretation of the theme - love the vibrant colours Ruth. :clap:

Cheers Carl. I had another idea, but not enough carrots! :D

That works really well. Very vibrant colours on the GM one :)

Cheers.

Thanks Andy. I seems to be finding a niche.
Can't make up my mind if that's a good or a bad thing!

Last edited:
Thanks Chris, though I'm not sure I shouldn't be thinking of expanding my repertoire a bit :D
Carrot and stick carrot and stick :D

Lovely stuff.

.. and having them hanging from a thread like that is genius. (y)

Hi Ruth I think I prefer the second shot with the framing ...fabulous idea, great choice of colour, it works really well for the theme.

Thanks Susie, I think I'm favouring the framed version too.

Carrot and stick carrot and stick :D

Hush you :p

Some wonderful colours Ruth, I myself prefer the shot with the separation lines, not so sure I'd fancy eating the purple ones though :D

Thanks Dean. Believe it or not, I've seen purple carrots in the supermarket. Not quite so nuclear though :LOL:

Lovely stuff.

.. and having them hanging from a thread like that is genius. (y)

Thank you very much David....I'll take genius :D

Great idea and well executed Ruth. I prefer it without the separating lines...

Wicked idea for the Artificial theme, Ruth. I like both but prefer the framed image seems to make it more complete.

The triptych works better than the first one, really good idea, I thing tying them up like you have is genius

A great ides for 'artificial' - love the bright colours and for me the 'separated' version just has the edge.

Great idea and well executed Ruth. I prefer it without the separating lines...

Love the colours, well pp'd, reminds me of pounds shillings and pence, he...he....:D

Another original idea, Ruth, with a striking result! I prefer the one with the frames, although not sure why, I think it just helps to make a slightly stronger image. Great vibrant colours too :clap:

Wicked idea for the Artificial theme, Ruth. I like both but prefer the framed image seems to make it more complete.

Hi Ruth
Fabulous idea captured so well. Really like the vibrancy.

Gaz

Love these Ruth nice bright image.

I love your radioactive carrots! :D

The triptych works better than the first one, really good idea, I thing tying them up like you have is genius

Great idea well shot, I love the bright colours.

A great ides for 'artificial' - love the bright colours and for me the 'separated' version just has the edge.

Thanks all for the great comments.
All much appreciated :)

Another imaginative effort from you Ruth. Great idea nice and bright and colourful. FWIW I prefer the sectioned one. I have eaten purple carrots they just weren't quite as radioactive as that one :)

Another imaginative effort from you Ruth. Great idea nice and bright and colourful. FWIW I prefer the sectioned one. I have eaten purple carrots they just weren't quite as radioactive as that one :)

Thanks Steve :)
I think this strain of carrot is called "Windscale" :LOL:

What a great image and spot on the brief , I am really enjoying your 52, so many of your images are out of the box. well done.

That is a great bit of thinking Ruth - you're right, very personal. Is there any mileage in getting these cross-checked with Police files ?!?! Top marks for concept. :clap:

Excellent interpretation Ruth, brilliant in its simplicity (y)

What a great image and spot on the brief , I am really enjoying your 52, so many of your images are out of the box. well done.

Thanks Steve....Much appreciated as always.
I'm enjoying the challenge this year...long may it continue!

That is a great bit of thinking Ruth - you're right, very personal. Is there any mileage in getting these cross-checked with Police files ?!?! Top marks for concept. :clap:

Thanks Carl; and no point whatsoever. I'm as pure as the driven snow, me :angelic:

Afternoon can I take down your particulars.:D

Spot on well thought out and executed,:)

You leave my particulars alone Walter!! :eek:
Thanks for commenting :)

Excellent interpretation Ruth, brilliant in its simplicity (y)

Thanks Chris....I'm just waiting for the theme I can't interpret which will force me to get the Scrabble board out again :LOL:

Using fingerprints is another really original idea from you, Ruth, executed in a clean, crisp image. It has a bit more impact for me than the second one, although that's another strikingly simple and well lit image and also very personal. Well done for two strong images and especially the 50 pints! (y)

Agree with the others Ruth, that's a god take on Personal.
Now... Can I reproduce those fingerprints onto fake plastic skin? ;)

Many thanks....and let me know if you succeed :LOL:

Using fingerprints is another really original idea from you, Ruth, executed in a clean, crisp image. It has a bit more impact for me than the second one, although that's another strikingly simple and well lit image and also very personal. Well done for two strong images and especially the 50 pints! (y)

Much appreciated.
I'm no longer allowed to donate so I'm glad I made 50!

Another clever take on the theme.

Thank you Clive :)

Both good photos for the theme and up to your usual high standard, I think I prefer the finger prints for the theme but I couldn't say why.

Both good photos for the theme and up to your usual high standard, I think I prefer the finger prints for the theme but I couldn't say why.

Much appreciated...thank you.
The fingerprints are certainly my favourite :)

Back