weekly Viv1969's Try at 52....The Sequel....2016 Week 50, 51 & 52.... And finished

Ruth,

Just playing some catch up. Quick look at yours show me you have a very creative mind. Some absolute brilliant images. Just picked a few out.

Dangerous: 2 images both well on theme but so different. Colour rendition is spot on.. reflections are superb in the 1st image.
Topical; nice fun image, slightly distracted by the edge on the background.
Spiky: 2 lovely images. Love them both. reflections show great detail on the prongs. Ive looked at the teasel image several times and slightly wonder how it would look with a slightly less bright white background.

Artificial: A great idea and for me i like the separation of the images, just seems to work better. The middle one does look very toxic indeed.
Personal: Great concept and works really well. Very simple but really stands out.

I look forward to seeing more in coming weeks, your ideas just seem to flow.

Liking both of them Ruth !!!

The finger prints is a super idea for the theme, nice loooong letterbox crop, and good detail across the 5 individual prints... The pen shot is really nicely lit, and yes just as good a blacks as you have whites in the others (y)

Artificial - Great idea I have seen purple carrots but not that bright
Personal - both good pictures. I can't decided which I like best. Well done on the 50 pints.

Personal fingerprints is super, Ruth. I really like the idea and you've executed it really well. The composition is simple and effective.

Blood donation pen - my only crit here would be the lighting might not accentuate the writing as well as it could... and I can see you in the reflection ;) (which might work on another level for "personal"!)

Two good shots, and I especially like the first (y)

You do always have such good ideas Ruth, I always think 'I wish I'd thought of that'. I think I like the fingerprints best but well done with giving all that blood ...you definitely deserve that pen :)

Aww thank you Susie, I'm flattered! TBH I do the same with other people's shots too. :D

I love your fingerprints shot - clean, simple and original as ever!

Many thanks Em....Much appreciated!

Ruth,

Just playing some catch up. Quick look at yours show me you have a very creative mind. Some absolute brilliant images. Just picked a few out.

Dangerous: 2 images both well on theme but so different. Colour rendition is spot on.. reflections are superb in the 1st image.
Topical; nice fun image, slightly distracted by the edge on the background.
Spiky: 2 lovely images. Love them both. reflections show great detail on the prongs. Ive looked at the teasel image several times and slightly wonder how it would look with a slightly less bright white background.

Artificial: A great idea and for me i like the separation of the images, just seems to work better. The middle one does look very toxic indeed.
Personal: Great concept and works really well. Very simple but really stands out.

I look forward to seeing more in coming weeks, your ideas just seem to flow.

Many, thank you for the detailed comments...I appreciate the time and know it can be a devil playing cath up!

Liking both of them Ruth !!!

The finger prints is a super idea for the theme, nice loooong letterbox crop, and good detail across the 5 individual prints... The pen shot is really nicely lit, and yes just as good a blacks as you have whites in the others (y)

Thank you Dean. I know I'm going to have to crack out the Scrabble board before too long!

Artificial - Great idea I have seen purple carrots but not that bright
Personal - both good pictures. I can't decided which I like best. Well done on the 50 pints.

Thanks Minx....with a rare blood type it doesn't take long @ 4 x a year :)

Personal fingerprints is super, Ruth. I really like the idea and you've executed it really well. The composition is simple and effective.

Blood donation pen - my only crit here would be the lighting might not accentuate the writing as well as it could... and I can see you in the reflection ;) (which might work on another level for "personal"!)

Two good shots, and I especially like the first (y)

Thanks Paul. Lighting that writing was tough as it's only etched into the pen....no contrasting colours to play with.
Oh and about the other thing....shhhhhhh. No one else noticed :D

Artificial; very clever idea and very colourful too.

Personal; Love the idea and very fitting.

Cheers Stan :D

Love the finger prints. Top idea. (y)

thank you Doodie....Appreciated as ever :D

2 great shots for Personal Ruth

The finger prints are great some lovely detail in them.

Love the reflection in the shine bit of the Pen

Fingerprints image is fab. Really like it no I mean I REALLY like it :)

Gaz

Hi, fingerprint image is perfect for the theme, so much so that I had to change my plans :grumpy:

"Effort" is excellent :clap: can't fault that :notworthy:

Now that is a superb 'effort' Ruth! the chick images are outstanding - especially the third with the bright eye peeking out from the squished up body - just wonderful! Love the humour in the last, too. I so look forward to your shots each week - thank you :) :clap:

Bloody hell Ruth, your quick off the mark again, you got inside knowledge or something :)

Again another amazing shot, you have come up with some really imaginative ideas for this 52 and long may it last. The little storyboard works really well and the last one, the beginnings of life, well worth the 'effort'

Love the fingerprints shot for Personal. I tried doing a similar thing a few years ago and all I got at the end of it was ink all over me, the desk and the paper and no useable image so :clap::clap:

Effort is a great story and the last shot was my first idea for Captive many weeks ago. Great minds and all that :D

You come up with some amazing ideas/shots for the challenge (y)

Effort.

Magfrikinificent (yup, I invented a word :)).

One of the best so far.

Of the four it's the lower left for me. Lovin' the catchlight in it eyes.

Cheers.

Looked again.....wonderful seeing birth.

BRILLIANT Ruth - both takes. One of Nature's miracles - beautifully caught .. faultless in fact. Without meaning to take anything at all away from the beauty of nature because birth is incredible whatever the species, I prefer the light-hearted take for the creativity and the sense of humour involved in it's production. Bravo - top marks. :clap:

I love those images for Effort, Ruth. A great idea and four images combined perfectly within the frame, and then you add the cherry on top with the lovely humour of the final image. Very clever :clap: :clap:

Thank you very much Andrea! :)
:agree: very well done on effort

Thanks Chris :)

Now that is a superb 'effort' Ruth! the chick images are outstanding - especially the third with the bright eye peeking out from the squished up body - just wonderful! Love the humour in the last, too. I so look forward to your shots each week - thank you :) :clap:

Thanks Emma, what a nice thing to say! :)

Aww Ruth I love this one ....how lovely to capture that special moment, the four shots work perfectly.....and of course it's spot on for the theme.

Thanks Susie....I knew what I wanted to do the second I saw the theme. :)

Love the idea for Effort. It tells a short story too. The second image just makes me laugh :LOL: a little.

If it made you laugh, my work here is done :D

Love the story board too. Effort just perfect.

Gaz

Thanks again Gary :)

Bloody hell Ruth, your quick off the mark again, you got inside knowledge or something :)

Again another amazing shot, you have come up with some really imaginative ideas for this 52 and long may it last. The little storyboard works really well and the last one, the beginnings of life, well worth the 'effort'

Great set of shots Ruth, I can't add any more to the comments other than :clap:

Cheers Steve. Nah...no insidr info, just a lucky coincidence that there's a smallholding on the way home that breeds guinea fowl! :)

Love the fingerprints shot for Personal. I tried doing a similar thing a few years ago and all I got at the end of it was ink all over me, the desk and the paper and no useable image so :clap::clap:

Effort is a great story and the last shot was my first idea for Captive many weeks ago. Great minds and all that :D

You come up with some amazing ideas/shots for the challenge (y)

Aww thanks Jill, I think the the empty egg thing has been done to death! :D

absolutely love this. Really clear image, great lighting. Brilliantly themed for the Easter weekend too. :clap:

Thanks Chris....much appreciated :)

Effort.

Magfrikinificent (yup, I invented a word :)).

One of the best so far.

Of the four it's the lower left for me. Lovin' the catchlight in it eyes.

Cheers.

Looked again.....wonderful seeing birth.

Thanks Andy. Made up words are great!!
Your praise is much appreciated as ever :)

BRILLIANT Ruth - both takes. One of Nature's miracles - beautifully caught .. faultless in fact. Without meaning to take anything at all away from the beauty of nature because birth is incredible whatever the species, I prefer the light-hearted take for the creativity and the sense of humour involved in it's production. Bravo - top marks. :clap:

Thanks Carl. They're pretty much opposite ends of the spectrum aren't they?
The egg escapee makes me chuckle too. :D

Effort .. what a great prop. :D

And the second pic is a great addition, happy ending. :D

Effort .. what a great prop. :D

And the second pic is a great addition, happy ending. :D

Thanks David.
Doesn't everyone have a couple of about to hatch Guinea Fowl eggs lying around? :D

Ruth, your fingerprint image is quite beautiful and also could have serious meaning to it. Love it, very imaginative. Your effort image is fantastic, perfect for the theme and so well taken. Really enjoying your 52 so far

Hi Ruth, that effort montage is absolutely fantastic :clap:

Super, super set of images which are not just perfectly on theme but also very seasonal, obviously :) Superbly captured/lit and subtly processed. When you have a great shot (or four) you don't need to over-egg (boom boom) in post.

Brilliant... simply brilliant (y)

Effort - what an eggselent set of pictures great for the theme and seasonal too.

Ruth, your fingerprint image is quite beautiful and also could have serious meaning to it. Love it, very imaginative. Your effort image is fantastic, perfect for the theme and so well taken. Really enjoying your 52 so far

Thank you Lee...that's much appreciated :)

Hi Ruth, that effort montage is absolutely fantastic :clap:

Super, super set of images which are not just perfectly on theme but also very seasonal, obviously :) Superbly captured/lit and subtly processed. When you have a great shot (or four) you don't need to over-egg (boom boom) in post.

Brilliant... simply brilliant (y)

Thanks Paul.
TBH there wasn't much post to be done on the hatching pictures, they are what they are :D
Appreciate the praise!

Effort.....great storyboard! Well done :clap:

Thanks Anita....much appreciated. :)

Effort - what an eggselent set of pictures great for the theme and seasonal too.

*Groan* :LOL:
Thanks Minx :)

Living world - another fun image well executed.

Spiky - all three images work well, but I do like the third image. The angle works very well, and the shadows going across the paper.

Artificial - fantastic idea, the colours of the middle carrot really stand out :clap::clap:.

Personal - focus, detail, background is perfect for that shot.

Effort - that's just outstanding, nothing at all to pick fault with.

Living world - another fun image well executed.

Spiky - all three images work well, but I do like the third image. The angle works very well, and the shadows going across the paper.

Artificial - fantastic idea, the colours of the middle carrot really stand out :clap::clap:.

Personal - focus, detail, background is perfect for that shot.

Effort - that's just outstanding, nothing at all to pick fault with.

Thanks Mandy!
Good to see you back around. :)

Week 14.....Technology.

Good take on the theme, added interest that you got the same author on the Kindle as on the book. Perhaps could do with a little shadow, my brain can't decide if it is vertical or horizontal even though it must be lying down.

Back