weekly Viv1969's Try at 52....The Sequel....2016 Week 50, 51 & 52.... And finished

That's a really nice photo; sharp, well composed, with great colours and most importantly, charming.

What a beautiful image Ruth - love the subtlety of it, especially the colours. Evokes thoughts of Spring. Nicely done.

Thats a very elegant photo. Good choice of the yellow thread to match the daisies and like the hint of the reflection as well.

I had thought about doing a miniature still life but don't think I would have done as well as this.

Hi, you have done well finding daisies at this time of year, nice composition and nicely lit

What a pretty picture I really like your colour choices and the arrangement

Loving this shot - great interpretation of theme and well executed. Composition is fabulous and the choice of cotton reel to give a sense of scale is inspired; liking the choice of colour too.

Spooks

Good effort with miniature, Viv. Rusty is tiny and very sharp considering. I like the neutral BG, yellow thread on the bobbin and hint of pink at the top. Well done.

Severely lacking inspiration for this theme, so have fallen back on the old "Draw a face on an egg" idea. Sorry guys.

Can I just say as well, a huge thank you for everyone's lovely comments so far?
I swear I'm going to get better at commenting on people's posts and replying individually.

Thanks again.

Haha, Nice one Ruth. I'm really struggling with this theme, I wish I'd thought of that, it works well.
Crit - Is there a little bit of over exposure going on in the highlights on the white egg?

That is a nice sharp shot and it definitely looks happy

Thanks Clive. It wasn't so happy about 20 minutes later :D

Haha, Nice one Ruth. I'm really struggling with this theme, I wish I'd thought of that, it works well.
Crit - Is there a little bit of over exposure going on in the highlights on the white egg?

Thank for looking Tim.
Yep.... three tings I'm not too happy about:
1. That blown strip on the smiley egg.
2. The brown reflection/shadow beneath it.
3. the blue logo at the rear of the box.

I'm struggling with this one too Ruth but will hold out a bit longer. Nothing wrong with the eggs - sharp, happy smiley face, great DoF.

Thanks Clive. It wasn't so happy about 20 minutes later :D

Thank for looking Tim.
Yep.... three tings I'm not too happy about:
1. That blown strip on the smiley egg.
2. The brown reflection/shadow beneath it.
3. the blue logo at the rear of the box.
I honestly didn't notice the shadows and blue logo until you mentioned them, and even then they don't detract in my eyes.

I'm struggling with this one too Ruth but will hold out a bit longer. Nothing wrong with the eggs - sharp, happy smiley face, great DoF.

I thought it best to act today.
Dark when I go to bed, Dark when I come home.
The conservatory is my light tent :LOL:
Thanks for dropping in :D

I honestly didn't notice the shadows and blue logo until you mentioned them, and even then they don't detract in my eyes.

Damn...shouldn't have mentioned it :LOL:

Nice one Ruth. I'm old enough to remember the old advertising slogan "happiness is egg-shaped" and that was my first thought when I saw it, but it's a happy-looking image even without that.

That's a really fun 'happy' shot with nice depth of field. I'm trying not to read too much into the choice of colour for the happy egg ;)! I'm not sure if it's my eyes or screen - is there some sort of halo around the white egg? Maybe it's just the contrast of colours.

Severely lacking inspiration for this theme, so have fallen back on the old "Draw a face on an egg" idea. Sorry guys.
They all count Ruth, its a smile happy face, nice and sharp (y)

Miniature - nicely thought out, the off centre position works very well, sharp focus where needed and lovely colours.

Happy - simple but works, not an easy theme, I am still thinking about what to do.
That is a nice sharp shot and perfect for the happy theme
Nice one Ruth. I'm old enough to remember the old advertising slogan "happiness is egg-shaped" and that was my first thought when I saw it, but it's a happy-looking image even without that.
:) A super eye catching shot Ruth ....perfect choice in the white egg ....I really like it.
That's a really fun 'happy' shot with nice depth of field. I'm trying not to read too much into the choice of colour for the happy egg ;)! I'm not sure if it's my eyes or screen - is there some sort of halo around the white egg? Maybe it's just the contrast of colours.
Sometimes the themes just don't grab us :)

I don't mid it, nice and simple.

I'd prefer the eggs out of the box.

Cheers.
They all count Ruth, its a smile happy face, nice and sharp (y)

Thanks for the comments everyone....very much appreciated.

@Emja .....Read nothing into it other than the brown eggs are from chickens, the white one from a Muskovy duck. That really is all there is to it.

@viv1969 I promise I was joking...one too many evenings trying to write lesson plans that prove my multicultural awareness credentials to Ofsted...like I should have to! Hope it didn't come out the wrong way :( Are the chickens and ducks yours? We keep chickens - but I've never heard of a Muskovy duck - sounds very Russian!

@viv1969 I promise I was joking...one too many evenings trying to write lesson plans that prove my multicultural awareness credentials to Ofsted...like I should have to! Hope it didn't come out the wrong way :( Are the chickens and ducks yours? We keep chickens - but I've never heard of a Muskovy duck - sounds very Russian!

I'd love to keep chickens, but sadly no...the chicken eggs are regular bought ones.

The duck egg though is supplied by my director's rather eclectic collection of waterfowl!
Muskovies aren't the prettiest of ducks but boy do their eggs taste good!

Don't worry....I didn't take it the wrong way...but I did wonder if anyone would mention it! :D

I'd say that's being overly generous TBH :D

OK OK...so they tend to look like they have an infected scrotum for a face....but I was trying to be generous :LOL:

Hi Ruth :)

Sorry, missed a few of your, so a quick catch up...

Metal - I love the mass of things going on in this shot, the DoF really help stop it feeling too busy, nice lighting and good detail too, really like it (y)

Captive - A simple shot but very effective, liking the lighting and composition of this one, the light on the links bring the arms together nicely for me :)

Miniature - Fantastic idea, love the little cotton real, a smart idea with the daisy's, spot on composition too, the surface/background sets the shot off perfectly (y)

Happy - Another cracking :)D) image, liking the little chick smile, good placement of the main subject again, a great start to your challenge this year !!!

Severely lacking inspiration for this theme, so have fallen back on the old "Draw a face on an egg" idea

Can't say I've seen many "draw a face on an egg" shots, maybe I've not been on the forum long enough yet...I really liked this as soon as I saw it on the main picture thread, it gave me a smile and certainly works for happy.

Love it! And the simplicity of the two little eyes and little turned up smile. (y)

I would have moved the white egg a slot further forward in the tray ... no sure why.

Back