weekly Blondie606 52 2015...Wk 17 Heat

Name
Lynne
Edit My Images
Yes
I must need my bump's feeling... year 5...ye gods :runaway:

But it is addictive & the twitching would only get worse if I didn't take part !

NUTTER.

It wouldn't be the same without you (y)

Good to see you here again.

:woot: Year 5 here we come !!!

Great to see you back again Lynne!

Hurrah! Glad you're sticking with us :)

I thought I would find you lurking around here somewhere... Great to see you in again this year Lynne (y)

Cheers guy's n gals.....Friday nights just wouldn't be the same :D

Best I get a wriggle on & post the Wk 0 theme.......

got a lovely shot for Pattern , popped it on the puter all excited to have thought of & taken the shot the day after the theme was announced.....then found focus was off , a handheld shot in dire light !!! The the following day it snowed so couldn't reshoot ....darn it !

So this will have to do.........Patterns

W 0 Pattern by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

Found these wonderful patterns on the car windscreen, quite hard to get decent s***s due to the angle - trying to shoot inside the car & get a decent bg.....fiddled a little in ps as fancied a tryptich to kick the year off

As always , thanks for looking :)

A very nice triptych to start with, Lynne.
I love the feather effect, particularly noticeable in the 3rd image (y)

Cracking detail and patterns coming through and I really like the presentation....very arty![emoji4]

I wouldn't have a clue where to start doing this sort of arty thing with a photo… I may experiment later in the year.

They work nicely as a set however I think it would look better if 2 and 3 were swapped as 3's boldness draws your eye off! Maybe just my wonky eyes though!

Mark

Those are gorgeous Lynne.
Really, really stunning and they work well as a triptych.

Definitely worth clicking through to Flickr to see them larger and appreciate the detail.
The only suggestion that I have is maybe switching the order around so that the one on the right is in the middle. That one seems to stand out in terms of angle and contrast and I think making it central might balance things out a bit more.

Good detail in the ice. really like the 3rd image. love the concept of the triptych but not too sure whether the i like the warped edges though, really cannot make my mind up.

A really super start Lynne.
Good Luck for your 2015 52 challenge not that you need any.

Was going to suggest you swap 2 and 3 but see it's already been mentioned...

Lovely detail here and definitely not easy to capture :clap::clap:

Oooo nice set Lynne, some very fine detail there, viewed large on flickr the border seems a bit over powering, did you do a dark border too by any chance ??

Love how you have put these together, the warped squares work very well, nature at it's best (y)

Thansk Dean....nope , I didn't do a black border mainly because each of the images has it's own black frame which is what's giving them the "warped" look :D

We meet again, Lynne.

I thought you done well with those restrictions. Hard to pick one out of the three. Each has it's own merit.

A solid start to the challenge.

Cheers Stan....hopefully I'll start to improve this year (y)

A very nice triptych to start with, Lynne.
I love the feather effect, particularly noticeable in the 3rd image (y)

Thanks Chris....My fave was 3 as well but thought it looked lonely on it's own :rolleyes:

I like that Lynne, triptych was a great idea, like the border too. Wonder how the middle and rhs Anaheim would look if they were swapped?

Cheers Michael.......you have succeeded in confusing me.......I googled Anaheim & am still none the wiser...it's a city in Orange county, a mild variety of Mexican chilli pepper & in the 1920's the Ku Klux Klan held a rally there :D

A cracking start to the challenge Lynne lovely patterns indeed.

Thanks Mandy

Cracking detail and patterns coming through and I really like the presentation....very arty![emoji4]

Cheers Ferg :)

I wouldn't have a clue where to start doing this sort of arty thing with a photo… I may experiment later in the year.

They work nicely as a set however I think it would look better if 2 and 3 were swapped as 3's boldness draws your eye off! Maybe just my wonky eyes though!

Mark

Thanks Mark.....if you have Elements or Photoshop then You tube is an endless source of tutorials...Julieanne Kost & Gavin Hoey are awesome :notworthy: & as for swopping 2 of the frames around....I see exactly what you're saying HOWEVER my OCD will not allow me to have 2 very similar images next to each other........s'not my fault ,honest :banghead:

Cracking start, b/w works really well :)

Cheers Mark :)

Morning, top start there. Well composed triptych, lovely detail, I like the nice thick border.

Welcome back.

Cheers.

yayyyy.....I got it right with the border...my challenge this year is to not get any negative comments from you on crops & borders.....week 0 down...52 to go :D

Hi lynne ...love the icy shots ...the one on the right has some really lovely detail ...good use of the triptych (I hate spelling that word !)

Good luck with your 52/2015 :)

Thanks Susie....I spell it differently every time :LOL:

Three lovely shots Lynne, and as a triptych they look superb.

Cheers Colin :) ( I still want to call you Barry so apologise in advance if I slip up over the next 52 weeks !)

Those are gorgeous Lynne.
Really, really stunning and they work well as a triptych.

Definitely worth clicking through to Flickr to see them larger and appreciate the detail.
The only suggestion that I have is maybe switching the order around so that the one on the right is in the middle. That one seems to stand out in terms of angle and contrast and I think making it central might balance things out a bit more.

Many thanks for popping in & commenting Sarah....hope your year works out as intended (y) As for the layout....I'm battling with my OCD which will not allow me to put the 2 very similar images next to each other......:banghead: I may give it a try....... if only to try n control my OCD !

Good detail in the ice. really like the 3rd image. love the concept of the triptych but not too sure whether the i like the warped edges though, really cannot make my mind up.

thanks Mandy :)....the warped edges are actually a frame in Nik Silver fx.......always gonna be a bit meh but I do like a play every now n then ....

Hiya Lynne... nice shots and definitely on theme. As for many of us, probably not the easiest week to deliver a showstopper of a picture, but I'm looking forward to visiting this thread each week :)

Thanks Paul......showstopper it ain't......hopefully onwards & upwards for the rest of the year :)

A really super start Lynne.
Good Luck for your 2015 52 challenge not that you need any.

Cheers Simon....you playing this year ?

Was going to suggest you swap 2 and 3 but see it's already been mentioned...

Lovely detail here and definitely not easy to capture :clap::clap:

Thanks Jill........need to give my OCD a kicking about the placement of those images.....:)

Great patterns, well shot :) I saw a similar pattern on my car window the other morning but didn't enter my head at all to take a pic!

Glad to see you back Lynne, with 3 beautiful shots to start. If that was your second choice, I'd have loved to have seen what you originally thought of!

With 68 starters for the year, I don’t think any of us have a chance of commenting on every entry every week, but I hope to keep popping in to each thread at least once in a while. Good luck for the rest of the year.

Hi again Lynne

Nice detail on the ice and nice idea doing a triptych.

Hi Lynne,

those are cracking shots - the detail's stunning. I like the triptych idea too. I agree with your comments about getting a good angle on a car windscreen, but you've managed it very well

What a fantastic start to your 52 Lynne.
I particularly like the abstract look to these although at the same time I can tell what it is (if that makes sense)

Good luck for your 5th year, you nutter:D

Great Triptych Lynne. The PP has given it an almost delicate feel to it. I usually like blacks through to whites in mono shots but this is a case where that rule is broken and that is a good thing. Too much contrast on this would have made it a weaker image. Well done. Great start to 2015

Hi Lynne

Brilliant start to 2015's 52, love the images and triptych layout
;)

Back