weekly Cargo's 52 for 2015 Machine added

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all first timer at this and will try and complete the 52. Having said that I made the paper for this last Sunday and only just took the photo, so a bit late but will try harder on next weeks.

Gaz

bliss_tp.jpg

re edit to try and correct some of the problems highlighted ;-)

bliss_psd.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, and welcome aboard.

Great idea. Chips, who doesn't like chips :)

Pity you've clipped the fingers, but I like the wall in the BG and although it looks a little under exposed, I think this adds to the photograph.

B&W also works well.

Cheers.

HI Gary & welcome to the 52's madhouse :wave:

Great start to your challenge...partic as you made the paper yourself , Fish n chips really did taste better when wrapped in newspaper ;) Nothing really to crit baring the slight crop of finger at the bottom , other than that I rally like like the shot ...top work mister (y)

Hi, and welcome aboard.

Great idea. Chips, who doesn't like chips :)

Pity you've clipped the fingers, but I like the wall in the BG and although it looks a little under exposed, I think this adds to the photograph.

B&W also works well.

Cheers.

Hi There Andy.

Thanks for stopping by :) Yer I cropped it and processed it that way there was plenty of room in the original but didn't want the chin or face in the photo and cropped to 16x9 ratio so ended up here.

Appreciate you stopping by :)

Gaz

HI Gary & welcome to the 52's madhouse :wave:

Great start to your challenge...partic as you made the paper yourself , Fish n chips really did taste better when wrapped in newspaper ;) Nothing really to crit baring the slight crop of finger at the bottom , other than that I rally like like the shot ...top work mister (y)
Cheers Lynne "That damn finger's gonna haunt me now" :)

Gaz

Hi Gaz - welcome to the 52 of 2015 :)

Crit already mentioned by the loons above, so I'll just echo great work on the paper, a good original idea, well set up and lit shot, great start to your 52 (y)
Thank you Mr Knight ! Thats most encourging of you :)

Gaz

Love the idea behind the theme and making the paper as well.

Hi, great idea for bliss I will not mention the crop its all been said
the paper with bliss on it is a bit brighter than the newspaper which makes it stick out a little but I would have no idea on how you could change that
Nice start though

Hi, great idea for bliss I will not mention the crop its all been said
the paper with bliss on it is a bit brighter than the newspaper which makes it stick out a little but I would have no idea on how you could change that
Nice start though
Hi Allen not sure if editing is allowed doing the 52 but I will rectify some of the above and see if any any better ;-) Crop is easy not sure on the paper but i'm up for a faff :)
Thanks for giving some feedback.
Gaz

Welcome Gary

Great shot ... showing true dedication ... you'll complete the 52. (y)

And just when you think all the ideas have gone. Super take well done

Welcome Gary

Great shot ... showing true dedication ... you'll complete the 52. (y)
Awwww thanks Dave, glad you have the confidence in me :)

And just when you think all the ideas have gone. Super take well done
Cheers Simon. It just came to me but I can't see 51 more coming to me like this one did :-(

Gaz

Week "2 Fragile.

Was just going to use the feather on it's own but didnt look to good so added the egg. It seems eggs are a common thought for Fragile :-(

Gaz

off_centre.jpg

Cropped as per comments below.

fragiletp.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice Gaz, lovely soft lighting suits the theme very well.

Interesting shot (y)

Nice and sharp in a soft, delicate kind of a way.

Love it. The contrast between the egg and the feather - both fragile in their own way, works really well. Nice work.

Very nice Gaz, lovely soft lighting suits the theme very well.
Thank you.I was wanting to get a soft light so I am pleased it came across that way.

Interesting shot (y)

Nice and sharp in a soft, delicate kind of a way.
Thanks for that :)
Love it. The contrast between the egg and the feather - both fragile in their own way, works really well. Nice work.
Cheers.
Nice and spot on theme with both subjects. Just wonder a tighter crop might be better? Not sure? :thinking:
Yes was unsure about that too. I have done a crop too but somehow I still quite like it left out in the space. Have uploaded so maybe you could choose ?

Gaz

A very clever interpretation.
B & W works well too (y)

Love the contrast of the image. Cropped version is my preference. Well done.

Brill.

I prefer the wider view. The black background adds a degree of serenity. The choice of B&W also works really well and your setup (placement of feathers & egg etc) is lovely.

(y)

Love it, love them both. Best shot I've seen for this theme so far.

Great image. I have to say I really can't decide on which one I prefer. The closer one shows more detail in the feathers and egg shell but equally I like the isolation of the wider shot.

Sorry for not catching up with your thread till now, great start with your shots bang on theme, really like the lighting and the wider shot gets it for me.

Great image. I have to say I really can't decide on which one I prefer. The closer one shows more detail in the feathers and egg shell but equally I like the isolation of the wider shot.

Totally agree with Peter here. Nice detail in the closer one but I really like the isolation of the first. Lovely conversion and they have been placed on a very complimentary surface. Nice vignette we well.

:clap:

Cheers.

I like the cropped version better IMO. (y)
No probs was worth putting up to get different opinions :)
A very clever interpretation.
B & W works well too (y)
Thank you.
Love the contrast of the image. Cropped version is my preference. Well done.
Thanks another vote for the crop :)
Cheers
Brill.

I prefer the wider view. The black background adds a degree of serenity. The choice of B&W also works really well and your setup (placement of feathers & egg etc) is lovely.

(y)
Cheers Ian.

Love it, love them both. Best shot I've seen for this theme so far.
Very kind Martin, thank you.
Gaz

Nice image Gary, very delicate.

Phil
Cheers Phil.
Yes still a tough one for me Peter. thanks for stopping by.
Gaz
Sorry for not catching up with your thread till now, great start with your shots bang on theme, really like the lighting and the wider shot gets it for me.
Hi John many thanks, think I still like the wider one too.
Totally agree with Peter here. Nice detail in the closer one but I really like the isolation of the first. Lovely conversion and they have been placed on a very complimentary surface. Nice vignette we well.

:clap:

Cheers.
Thanks Andy. I must admit the surface was a pleasant surprise :)

Gaz

Have to go against the majority here as I prefer the wider version. I like the space, it gives the subject a bit of room to breathe rather than it being just a record of the egg and feathers. I might have maybe just cropped a little off the bottom to get the egg and feathers nearer the thirds but not too much as I like the detail in the...err...whatever it is that it's on. Good photo all the same.

Hi Gary

Fragile - Really nice detail you have caught there, the lighting is really nice, liking the angle and the background too, 'cracking shot' indeed, I actually prefer the wider shotas the background helps emphasise the eggs vulnerability for me (y)

Super shot there Gary nice twist on the egg theme lovely soft look to the picture.
Prefer the close up edit personally but both do the job perfectly.

Back