weekly HeartandSouls 52 Week Challenge Major catch up Weeks 16,18,19,20,21,22,23,24, added

• Thread starter Deleted member 59779
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 59779

Well lets see if I can find an image from yesterday that will fit the warm up topic of pattern........

Helppppppp.Can some kind soul direct me to the link to add photos from flickr please. Can I find this thread at the moment !!!!! :banghead:
next..... Can someone tell me how to edit my title to say I've updated please.
I am sure more help will be needed:p

Last edited by a moderator:
To edit your thread title click on the little tab at the top of your page that says thread tools, that will allow you to change your thread title. If you click here it will show you how to add your images.

Last edited:
To edit your thread title click on the little tab at the top of your page that says thread tools, that will allow you to change your thread title.
Thankyou. Will do this as soon as tea is done. better go and feed the other half. I've found how to add my photos now. I will need a drink after all this>

Happy New Year Mandy and welcome aboard :)

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with, and just shout if Flickr is still being naughty, there's always somebody around to help.
p.s. Don't forget to also post your photo in the "post your photos here" thread so that everyone can see that you've posted your shot for the week :)
Hi Sarah,
Happy New Year
I sure will be shouting no doubt until I get the complete hang of adding photos properly. here goes......

Well here is my shot for Warm Up: Pattern.

Actually did not intentionally go out to shoot this as I went to shoot the deer in the parkland but luckily had my macro lens with me and really have not had much opportunity to give it some whammy since I purchased it so thought it deserved a trip out of the bag and onto the camera. Lots of shots I wasn't happy with but really like v1, have drooled over loads of these in the past on this forum and elsewhere (shame, hangs head low).

Pattern V1
Week 0: Pattern v1 by mandyc250407, on Flickr

Pattern v2
Week 0 Pattern v2 by mandyc250407, on Flickr

As stated earlier v1 is my current fave. I am liking the DOF but wished I had a sharper more detailed crystal. Cannot remember what the ice was on now. Wondering whether I could have change my view point slightly to get a better shot. C & C welcome. Now I have just got to work out how to add linky(this could take a while) o_O
Thanks for looking

I like the closeness of V1 too,
not least the way the light is reflecting / refracting off the individual crystals.
Good start :)

Super macro Mandy :clap:
Good Luck for your 2015 52 challenge.

Hi Mandy & welcome aboard the 52's challenge :wave:

V1 for me as well.....macro is a subject that is fascinating & frustrating in equal measures :D

As per Pjm's comment I'd be inclined to lift the exposure just a smidge & I'd possibly crop a little from the bottom....

Great start to your challenge (y)

Hi welcome Mandy

I rather like #2 ... the crystals are so sharp but nice clearly pronounced DoF.

Thank you all for the comments Will hopefully take on board what has been said. That is the plan.

Welcome to 2015 52s Mandy. Two great shots to start - I like the overall composition of #1 with the use of the diagonal, but I prefer the contrasting variety of tones in #2. With 68 starters for the year, I don’t think any of us have a chance of commenting on every entry every week, but I hope to keep popping in to each thread at least once in a while. Good luck for the rest of the year.

My bliss shot will be up later in the week. I have just viewed some brilliant images. I see the stakes are high.

Definitely prefer the first - both as a photo and it fits the theme better. Looks a fraction underexposed on my monitor - perhaps lighten slightly?

Week 1: Bliss

Bliss shot finally taken, although it is not as I would have liked. I have decided to post and be damned. By the time I had whiffed and faffed about the bubbles had gone from the champers. probably because I was drinking from the other glass at the side .. I can see errors in the shot myself and wished I'd gone for a different aperture maybe 5.6. I also seem to have left my finger print on the glass despite thinking I'd cleaned it. Also feel I could have tidied the leafs up a little better. So some basic housekeeping rules for me. Would also have liked to have used a straight glass with no pattern, but one has to use what one has. Also wondering whether I should have used my 18-55 lens...

Week 1: Bliss by HeartandSoul55, on Flickr

Week 2: Fragile

Took this shot asI saw them on the side in the dining room, they are now past their best and reminded me how "fragile" their existence is. Some PP work (not that I know what I am doing) I decreased highlights, whites, vibrance by a couple of clicks.

Week 2: Fragile by HeartandSoul55, on Flickr

Might have a go at shooting these in daylight tomorrow.

So glad this is the beginning. I am learning already one of the main reasons I am here to push myself to make time to take photos and to learn.
Thanks for looking

Hi Mandy :)

Bliss - That's not bad at all Mandy, main crit for me would be the streak of white to bottom LH of the frame, the rest looks fine to me, good colours, generally a great black background and the bubbles on the strawbs looks great, real nice idea :)

Fragile - Again a nice black background, minor crit the clipped petal at the top, other than that I really like the colours and sure works for the theme, your doing a great job (y)

Hi Mandy,
Bliss.... It's great that you are criticising your own work that's really such a good thing. It will all come and the more photos you take the better you'll get. So for me like DK says that little white flare in the bottom LH corner needs to come off. Two ways you can deal with it .... Clone it out if you know how (don't know what software you have but there is lots of tutorial stuff on YouTube, some good some bad so have a poke around. Also with this glass you might want to centralise it up a bit by cropping a bit off the left hand edge of the photo that will loose some of that flare.
All else looks great, leaves and that are fine.... Natural look, nice colours.

Fragile...... This looks fine, just that little clipping thing. (Watch the bottom petal too) Natural looking colours, lighting is fine. Nice shot, for the subject.

Nice work

Hi, the devil is in the detail. The light in the lower LH can be edited. Nice detail in the bubbles and the overall expose is nice.

Fragile, looks a little under exposed. I think the LH flower has real potential if you could get in closer and isolate that one.

Cheers.

Champagne and strawberries, tbh Ive never tried it,
but apparently its bliss to some people ;)

I like the fragile as it is TBH, its showing a slightly darker side
in as much as it highlights the slight decaying in the fragile flowers. :)

Hi, two good shots for the themes
Bliss, good colour and good focus on the strawberries one might have been enough as two look a little tight in the glass, the white down the LHS is easily removable
Fragile, another good idea to show them in decay, though the crop is a little tight you have clipped some of the petals which is a pity,
good start

Hi Mandy

Bliss - good idea for the theme. The two strawberries work well for me, but I agree that the the white on the bottom lhs should come off

fragile - a great take on the theme. Well focused and I like the black background

Fragile - good shot and as people have said just clipped the petals off.

Hi Mandy. Like the bliss one! Nice bubbles captured on the strawberry's. The champagne does look a little pale, which may be more to do with the brand than anything photographic (I usually add a little apple juice to white wine shots to colourise it slightly more)

Fragile: really nice idea to use the flowers on the decline of their life, colours are great too [emoji4]

Bliss - good take on the theme nice and sharp, my only crit is the small corner of white i the bottom left of the image. I can't decided on if I'd prefer to see the whole of the glass :thinking:.

Fragile - works for the theme for me, my crit is it is a little bit to tight in the frame for me. Nice work on getting a nice black background, I struggle with black grounds.

Back