weekly Mandy's 2015 52 challenge Week 11 Crowd added

Name
Mandy
Edit My Images
Yes
what a year it has been, plenty of ups and downs. I have really enjoyed my first 52 challenge that I am going to be here for a second time. In the aim to improve some more, and be able to look back and notice the difference in my photography.

I would just like to add that for the moment all my images for this theme are being edited on my uncalibrated laptop, as I have no pc tower at the moment.
  • My Rules I will not allow my self to fall behind with my posting of my images.
  • I will use no jokers.
  • I will aim to improve the quality of my comments and critique.
  • I will have plenty of Fun, whilst on this challenge.
  • Give more thought to the theme and try not to rush my image.
  • I hope to be able to improve the quality off my Photoshop skills.
So lets bring on the fun my fellow 52'ers.

Week 0 - Pattern
week 1 - Bliss
week 2 - Fragile
week 3 - Scenic
week 4 - Companions
week 5 - Elegant
week 6 - Watery
week 7 - Bold
week 8 - Relax
week 9 - Vertical
week 10 - Mouth
week 11
week 12
week 13
week 14
week 15
week 16
week 17
week 18
week 19
week 20

Last edited:
Hi ya & welcome back again Mandy (y)

Well here I go with my practice theme Pattern, I couldn't decide between the the two so I have two small offerings for you. I thought as I haven't had a play with some oil and water for a while I thought I would have another go. I used a casserole bowl filled with about 2 inches of water I then added a healthy helping of olive oil, I had my flash set to of camera flash and messed about for 5 minutes while finding the best place to put it. Once happy with my set up I set to work stirring the oil up and then waiting for it to settle and snapped happily away for 10 or so shots. Then into the laptop and through light room to see what I had achieved and here are what I think are my two best efforts, now looking forward to the first proper theme of the year :):).

Pattern

pattern by pinkbikerbabe 1, on Flickr

Pattern 1

pattern 1 by pinkbikerbabe 1, on Flickr

Nice start Mandy I like those, they remind me of jelly fish (y)
Its something that I will have to try if I can weedle it into one of the themes :)

Nice idea, well executed Mandy. Looking forward to the challenge just so I can look at what other people are doing and maybe try some new ideas myself. Onwards and upwards.

:)

Nice start Mandy I like those, they remind me of jelly fish (y)
Its something that I will have to try if I can weedle it into one of the themes :)

Nice idea, well executed Mandy. Looking forward to the challenge just so I can look at what other people are doing and maybe try some new ideas myself. Onwards and upwards.

:)

Thanks for the comments and for taking the time to look.

Hi Mandy ...good to see you back and feeling so positive ...you are right the challenge has to be fun ... otherwise it just becomes a chore.

You are off to a great start ... oil and water is my choice for this week too, but I haven't had chance to do it yet.....hopefully tomorrow.

Hi Mandy ...good to see you back and feeling so positive ...you are right the challenge has to be fun ... otherwise it just becomes a chore.

You are off to a great start ... oil and water is my choice for this week too, but I haven't had chance to do it yet.....hopefully tomorrow.

Thanks for the comments and for taking the time to look.

Can I be really honest???

I think i'd have preferred them if the dish had been plain… there is pattern on pattern which just does not work for me!

I love the idea and the patterns the oil and water would have made on their own! Maybe with a couple of colours of food die added… I don't know… I'm no expert in home studio stuff at all and it's something I want to try a bit more off!

Good start though…

Can I be really honest???

I think i'd have preferred them if the dish had been plain… there is pattern on pattern which just does not work for me!

I love the idea and the patterns the oil and water would have made on their own! Maybe with a couple of colours of food die added… I don't know… I'm no expert in home studio stuff at all and it's something I want to try a bit more off!

Good start though…

Thanks for stopping by and looking, the casserole dish is plain. I used a peace of Christmas wrapping paper to add to the background as I wanted a festive feel to the image, Your comments and suggestions are welcome.

I like the first shot, couldn't work out what it was until I read your description :)

Hi Mandy - you're off to a good start as well! It's the first one for me, I think having the bubbles on the top of the water a bit spread out works really well

Interesting images Mandy and a good start to your 2nd 52. Have you tried them mixing the oil with food dye and swirling it to get a marbling effect yet? I wonder if using 2 or 3 different kinds of oil would work - you've got me thinking now :clap::thinking:

First one caught my eye the most. Without reading your process I had thought it was a large block of ice with water droplets on it, which sits well with the xmas baubles.

Nice image Mandy.

Thanks for dropping by.

Interesting images Mandy and a good start to your 2nd 52. Have you tried them mixing the oil with food dye and swirling it to get a marbling effect yet? I wonder if using 2 or 3 different kinds of oil would work - you've got me thinking now :clap::thinking:

No I haven't yet tried that, but this year I hope to get more creative with things.

First one caught my eye the most. Without reading your process I had thought it was a large block of ice with water droplets on it, which sits well with the xmas baubles.

Thanks for the comments and dropping by.

I also thought this was something in ice when I saw this in the photos thread.
I thought you'd frozen some sort of Christmas decorations in a tray of ice.

Really hard pressed to choose between the two, but I like that this is something completely different to what we normally see with oil and water shots.
In fact I want to keep going back and looking at them.

I also thought this was something in ice when I saw this in the photos thread.
I thought you'd frozen some sort of Christmas decorations in a tray of ice.

Really hard pressed to choose between the two, but I like that this is something completely different to what we normally see with oil and water shots.
In fact I want to keep going back and looking at them.

Thanks for the comments, and for taking the time to look Sarah. I still can't decide which one I prefer.

First shot for me. Actually really like this. I too on first look thought ice was involved. The colours work well within the shot.

HI Mandy

Oil & water is something I've tried & failed with so well done for getting some good shots from your attempts :)

Whilst it's good to see something different I'm with Mark on this....I'd have preferred the wrapping paper be plain but brightly colored as I find the oil drops fighting with the paper patterns for attention.....

HI Mandy

Oil & water is something I've tried & failed with so well done for getting some good shots from your attempts :)

Whilst it's good to see something different I'm with Mark on this....I'd have preferred the wrapping paper be plain but brightly colored as I find the oil drops fighting with the paper patterns for attention.....

Thanks for the comments Lynne.

Super start Mandy love both shots. Got to try this for myself at some point.
Good Luck for your 2015 52 challenge.

Really nice images Mandy - love the different sizes of circles in them. Never tried something like that before. Thanks for your kind welcome on my post :)

Welcome back Mandy, good to see you're still here! Two very interesting shots to start with, love the focus on the bubbly bit on the second one (y) With 68 starters for the year, I don’t think any of us have a chance of commenting on every entry every week, but I hope to keep popping in to each thread at least once in a while. Good luck with the rest of the year.

Back