Pic(s) you took today - an open thread

Started exploring the local lakes for the first time this year to see if there are any young about yet. Saw a couple of very young ducklings, but they were too far away.
P4015036-1k.jpg

P4015056-1k.jpg

P4014915-1k.jpg

Eating out :D

WFbmA6w.jpg

First Long-eared owl of the year this evening in some long awaited setting sun

LEO 1024.jpg

And a bonus Stoat? I struggle to tell without seeing the tail

Stoat.jpg

Last edited:
First "after work" photography session of the year. It looked lovely, sunny and warm. Unfortunately, the wind chill was phenomenal. I think that age is catching up with me!!

P4035777-1k.jpg

I had a practice with the Olympus "Pro-Capture" feature - and it worked very well.

P4035717-1k.jpg

Gardening, adding home brew compost to the pots. It's much better quality than the stuff from the garden centre.

PhyIdCp.jpg

Already blooming.

cyZuWsh.jpg

Both taken with a Pergear 35mm f1.4 which is I believe the cheapest fast 35mm available for E mount.

Last edited:
I went back to my local "lake" today to try the Pro-Capture feature again. I want to try to image a bird as it takes an insect. Even if it never happens, it's a great way to learn.

Today there were grey wagtails (they are yellow??) at work.

Taking off...
P4045984-1k.jpg

Mid flight...
P4046084-1k.jpg

About to catch insect...
P4046152-1k.jpg

This is a wider view ...
P4046239-1k.jpg

Pity I wasn't paying attention. That last shot would have been much better 45 minutes earlier when I arrived!!

Today there were grey wagtails (they are yellow??) at work.
Yellow wag tails although quite rare are a thing, and that is what you have, well caught :)
The more common black and white ones are Pied Wagtails.

Yellow wag tails although quite rare are a thing, and that is what you have, well caught :)
The more common black and white ones are Pied Wagtails.
As far as I can tell there are two types of wagtail with a yellow underside. The Grey Wagtail has a white stripe over the eyes, and the Yellow wagtail has a yellow stripe.
However, I am not an expert on birds.

Back