Allan.H 52 2020 WEEK 52 DECOR(ATE) added

Hi Allan, just a little catch up as I'm so behind with commenting at the moment. It's great to see you back on board and with such a selection of images. My favourites to date are Holly in your first Snapper's Choice with perfect focus to draw your gaze straight to hers, Broken with the ivy creeping up the cross and slightly desaturated look that really suits the subject, Book Title with the red liquid and the balanced lighting that you do so well, your second Snapper's Choice with perfect light again to achieve a high key effect, and your Initial A made me laugh; we had a dog who loved to get into water at every opportunity and the muddier the better! :)

Hi Allan, just a little catch up as I'm so behind with commenting at the moment. It's great to see you back on board and with such a selection of images. My favourites to date are Holly in your first Snapper's Choice with perfect focus to draw your gaze straight to hers, Broken with the ivy creeping up the cross and slightly desaturated look that really suits the subject, Book Title with the red liquid and the balanced lighting that you do so well, your second Snapper's Choice with perfect light again to achieve a high key effect, and your Initial A made me laugh; we had a dog who loved to get into water at every opportunity and the muddier the better! :)
Thank you Andrea

Many ghostly looking things.
The dof is just right for me and the monotone keep it all nice and simple.

I really like that - love a bit of weird creative togging :)

Many ghostly looking things.
The dof is just right for me and the monotone keep it all nice and simple.
Thanks for looking Dominic, thats what my partner Jane calls them, little ghosts
For me its more of an Antony Gormley rip off, an exhibition I remember seeing about 20 years ago maybe.
Its called "Field" although his was on a massive scale and I'm lazy

There’s so much to like about your ‘more than one pic’. I like the composition, depth of field, and monotone treatment. Plus they look like such weird critters [emoji846]

I stumbled on your first post which I hadn’t commented on previously - lots of lovely pics, but the one of Holly is just fabulous.

I really like this image for its simplicity and lovely DoF. It's mono too.. right up my street

Its certainly more than something Allan :D

Plain simplicity works well

I can’t say why that caught my eye, but I really like it.
There’s so much to like about your ‘more than one pic’. I like the composition, depth of field, and monotone treatment. Plus they look like such weird critters [emoji846]

I stumbled on your first post which I hadn’t commented on previously - lots of lovely pics, but the one of Holly is just fabulous.
Thanks

They are strange, and I am slightly disappointed that they are not marshmallows.
The composition is eye catching too, have you noticed there is always at least one looking at you.

Nice one - the soft light and dof makes this

Thanks

They are strange, and I am slightly disappointed that they are not marshmallows.
The composition is eye catching too, have you noticed there is always at least one looking at you.

They are currently sitting on a shelf by me and its a little unnerving,

poke a couple of holes in lumps of clay and they suddenly have a soul o_O

My favourite of the week! I love it. Very creative. DoF absolutley spot on and great processing!

Not what I expected from Allan, but strangely maybe it is.
Creative use of props, in a simple effective composition and image.

Next you'll be using Lego figures :exit:
careful now no need for that.......

:thinking:

Hi Allan,
Great image for more than one. Very creative use of the clay. Very nice processing and DoF.
Music is another great shot. Simple, effective, crisp and clean. Looks like a magazine advert.

More than One- I really like this Allan. The dof and the lighting are lovely. Mono processing suits it and the subtle shadows are great.
Music: Nicely composed and enough colour to make the phone the main element of the pic.

Last edited:
Nice things and nice music shot!

Hi Allan,
Great image for more than one. Very creative use of the clay. Very nice processing and DoF.
Music is another great shot. Simple, effective, crisp and clean. Looks like a magazine advert.
More than One- I really like this Allan. The dof and the lighting are lovely. Mono processing suits it and the subtle shadows are great.
Music: Nicely composed and enough colour to make the phone the main element of the pic.
Thanks

Music, plain and simple but works very well Allan.

Back