Allan.H TP52 2018 WEEK 52 SHOWCASE ADDED

Like the interesting brick work around the gate

:D Had to do a double check on the name, Thought this was Tims until I had clicked on it. I like the B&W and the pov looking straight down the lines. Nice gate too, lovely bricks. Looks like the gate has been repaired a few times to:D

Very interesting brickwork and it makes a good subject for the theme, bit of a shame about the white painted building behind but not a lot you could do about that.

Like the interesting brick work around the gate

Thanks
:D Had to do a double check on the name, Thought this was Tims until I had clicked on it. I like the B&W and the pov looking straight down the lines. Nice gate too, lovely bricks. Looks like the gate has been repaired a few times to:D

I know enemy territory there, I don't know if repaired is the word

Agree with others, I like it too. I like the symmetry and the texture of the bricks. The dirty woodwork compromises with the ageing brickwork too.
Very interesting brickwork and it makes a good subject for the theme, bit of a shame about the white painted building behind but not a lot you could do about that.

Thanks nothing I could do about the building maybe I should have got lower :thinking:

What a quirky little gate I like the decorative brick work around the gate, and the distressed look of it

That gate is a nice scene full of conflict between the ornate coloured brickwork, the repairs to the gate and the mold/lichen across the brickwork. I have looked at it a couple of times since you posted it and noticed more detail each time.

That gate is a nice scene full of conflict between the ornate coloured brickwork, the repairs to the gate and the mold/lichen across the brickwork. I have looked at it a couple of times since you posted it and noticed more detail each time.
Thanks for looking in

I like it. A deceptively simple photo of the gate. As previously posted, the more you look, the more you see. Wonder what the significance of 'chester' is on the wall of the house?

I like it. A deceptively simple photo of the gate. As previously posted, the more you look, the more you see. Wonder what the significance of 'chester' is on the wall of the house?
Thanks for commenting, the significance is it’s an alarm box and was shot in Chester there is no mystery

As others have said Allan it's a deceptively simple and effective shot. lots of contrasts and an evocative feel.(y)

Nice door gate, colour and texture. Think it might have more impact if shot from lower down and the stuff behind the wall greyed out. Or would that be cheating?

Last edited:
Nice door gate, colour and texture. Think it might have more impact if shot from lower down and the stuff behind the wall greyed out. Or would that be cheating?
It’s a gate, do you not have wooden gates in the big city I agree about getting lower down
Thanks d00d

Love the cotrast between the white gate and the brick work, There are some lovely textures in there too.

Great symmetry in your images Allan, great stuff!

Gate
Nothing to add, that hasn't already been said.
It was a well found gate though.

Great colours in the brickwork, and I like the textures in the bricks and the wooden door. The door looks tiny, is it?

Great colours in the brickwork, and I like the textures in the bricks and the wooden door. The door looks tiny, is it?

Thanks for looking in, ........the gate :thinking: I think you mean :LOL: is about 6 foot I would say, so no not tiny but I see what your saying

Lots of interesting brick work and a lovely old gate, I really like this.

WEEK 2 PEOPLE

The Groves Chester by Allan Howe, on Flickr

I don't do people its really not my thing so I found this pretty hard so to get it out the way I went out in my dinner break to see what I could find, the picture above I didn't realise what he was doing with the phone till I looked on the computer its a lucky shot,
I took it because he looked a bit furtive and was standing next to a Secret 7 poster

Last edited:
They're probably waiting for next Thorsday :D
Is he really taking a selfie?

Nice shots Allan, full of interest

Hi Allan, as soon as it came up people for the theme I thought, OH dear Allan won`t like this one. I have to to go for the #2 medieval folk, you have caught them just about to go in to battle. Like the good colours and just the whole of the shot, so well done on getting a shot for the theme (y)(y)

They're probably waiting for next Thorsday :D
Is he really taking a selfie?

Nice shots Allan, full of interest

Thanks yes he is taking a selfie couldn’t believe it when I saw the image large

Hi Allan, as soon as it came up people for the theme I thought, OH dear Allan won`t like this one. I have to to go for the #2 medieval folk, you have caught them just about to go in to battle. Like the good colours and just the whole of the shot, so well done on getting a shot for the theme (y)(y)

Correct Dave I don’t like this as a subject, not sure about them going into battle, i know where I would put them

I prefer the first shot of thw two, but to split hairs thats a person not people..... ;)

Back