Allan.H TP52 2018 WEEK 52 SHOWCASE ADDED

I thought of doing smoke myself, so good idea :) for the theme and you have captured some nice swirls and movement.

I love smoke photos!!!

I've done a bit of this myself, it's so rewarding.

Yours is really superb, those silky smooth textures towards the bottom of the plume are terrific.
I always like the way those small spirals form throughout the image.

Nicely processed with the inversion, and I like the colour too....you nailed it sir!(y)

I love smoke photos!!!

I've done a bit of this myself, it's so rewarding.

Yours is really superb, those silky smooth textures towards the bottom of the plume are terrific.
I always like the way those small spirals form throughout the image.

Nicely processed with the inversion, and I like the colour too....you nailed it sir!(y)
Thank you

That's expertly executed, very clean, clear and with plenty of swirls. For me, just one tiny negative is the cut off at the top and left side.
I see what you mean but I couldn’t get the whole plume of smoke in the frame I did try

Allan

Balanced - fits the theme and looks good in monochrome, well converted, has better contrast on flicker and looks much better there. However I did spot something out of balance, the house number :) just joking.

Crushed - Nuts, nice image, well taken, simple but very effective.

Motion - another effective Image, will have to see how that is done.

Pete

Allan

Balanced - fits the theme and looks good in monochrome, well converted, has better contrast on flicker and looks much better there. However I did spot something out of balance, the house number :) just joking.

Crushed - Nuts, nice image, well taken, simple but very effective.

Motion - another effective Image, will have to see how that is done.

Pete
thanks

I'm pondering the relevance of the bus stop.
Is this a Frankenstein head gravestone catching a bus home from a Halloween party? Or am I reading too much into it?
Shadows feel a little dark, but that's probably just my un-calibrated monitor.

I'm pondering the relevance of the bus stop.
Is this a Frankenstein head gravestone catching a bus home from a Halloween party? Or am I reading too much into it?
Shadows feel a little dark, but that's probably just my un-calibrated monitor.
You are definitely reading far to much in to it, it’s just a sign on the fence of a kids adventure playground it looked a very bleak sad scene very unpartyish. It’s is deliberately very dark so it’s not your monitor.

Motion
Looking good. I like the colour of the smoke, against the white background.

Clever take on party :D

Hi Allan

Party - Well its on Theme and the surround works well in B&W, I'm not sure if the Bus Stop adds anything apart from it is there in real life.

Have a Happy New Year
Pete

Hi Allan

Party - Well its on Theme and the surround works well in B&W, I'm not sure if the Bus Stop adds anything apart from it is there in real life.

Have a Happy New Year
Pete
It would be a bit boring a picture of the sign, it was more of an anti party pic hence the mundanity

Definitely a different take on the theme, Allan, with the dark tones and the position of the sign alongside a fence and bus stop sign. From reading your replies above you have conveyed the sense you were aiming for, which is always a success (y)

Im not a party person, can you tell. :) thanks for all the comments

1 & 4 for me Allan (It was never going to be "2" was it ;) )
I think 1 just pips it for the small details in the image which had me looking around it, such as the fact that the aerials are pointing in different directions on the two houses (how is that a thing?)

1 & 4 for me Allan (It was never going to be "2" was it ;) )
I think 1 just pips it for the small details in the image which had me looking around it, such as the fact that the aerials are pointing in different directions on the two houses (how is that a thing?)
And I posted the second one just for you. The aerials thing is quite common round here we have the choice of two transmitters England or Wales I remember years ago being asked which I would prefer

The aerials thing is quite common round here we have the choice of two transmitters England or Wales I remember years ago being asked which I would prefer
You learn something new every day ! I think round here everything points to Crystal Palace (or did before cable).
I guess that means you could look at the aerials and know if you needed to speak English or Welsh when knocking on the door ;)
Details like that in images intrigue me:)

You learn something new every day ! I think round here everything points to Crystal Palace (or did before cable).
I guess that means you could look at the aerials and know if you needed to speak English or Welsh when knocking on the door ;)
Details like that in images intrigue me:)
It’s more a BBC thing we don’t use an aerial anymore but the difference was NW news or news from HTV more Wales orientated rather than a language thing

You put the best shot in for showcase Allan, a cracking shot of the Hoverfly with good detail and lighting. I will miss seeing your 52 next year, as have loved seeing your images.
Thank you Dave

Back