Allan.H TP52 2018 WEEK 52 SHOWCASE ADDED

My car was in a similar state last week after a long weekend in the West of Scotland but I washed and cleaned it the day before the theme was picked. Good composition and you choose the perfect part of the car for the theme.

Thanks Stan

Filthy
Good processing and composition, a bit of wheel, a bit of door and a bit of ground.

Clever take on the theme - I like it :)

Mark is really well seen and nicely captured. One thought, I wonder if you could have got the line on the LHS leading directly to Carl if you had changed your position?

Marked is a clever shot, looks good.

Thanks Dave

Mark is really well seen and nicely captured. One thought, I wonder if you could have got the line on the LHS leading directly to Carl if you had changed your position?

I honestly did not see that at the time its a good point, I was just looking for things people had left their mark with, stickers seem very popular along the city walls

Corner is a really good idea, Allan, and works surprisingly well in B&W. I've taken similar images with the white lines contrasting against immaculate green turf, but this works equally well in mono and I would never have thought of it (y)
Filthy is perfect for the theme and the layers and textures of mud contrast nicely against the colour and surface of the paintwork.
Mark - well spotted; the dark post and poster contrast well against the lighter background and you've thrown the BG out of focus to good effect.

Corner is a really good idea, Allan, and works surprisingly well in B&W. I've taken similar images with the white lines contrasting against immaculate green turf, but this works equally well in mono and I would never have thought of it (y)
Filthy is perfect for the theme and the layers and textures of mud contrast nicely against the colour and surface of the paintwork.
Mark - well spotted; the dark post and poster contrast well against the lighter background and you've thrown the BG out of focus to good effect.

Thanks

Mark
Very well spotted. A good composition with the main subject being offset to the right.

Hi Allan,

Filthy - I love the look of mud spray on a car. Having spent many years watching rallying (and thus driving through forest tracks / fileds etc.) I've seen so many cars like this. I think you've captured the essence of the mud splatter really well :)
Marx - As have been said, cool clever choice for the theme. I must say I had the thought of visiting a certain cemetery in Highgate for this theme before I got my take.

Like the composition of mark, bg is nicely oof. I might have cropped a little off the rhs. A good subject for the theme.

Thanks Michael

Hi Allan,

Filthy - I love the look of mud spray on a car. Having spent many years watching rallying (and thus driving through forest tracks / fileds etc.) I've seen so many cars like this. I think you've captured the essence of the mud splatter really well :)
Marx - As have been said, cool clever choice for the theme. I must say I had the thought of visiting a certain cemetery in Highgate for this theme before I got my take.

The Marx sticker was just a lucky find I took quite a few pictures of lamp post stickers the idea was people leaving their mark, I once went to highgate cemetery about 40 years ago at that time it was quite overgrown in parts, I do like a good cemetery

Nice take on lost - love it :)

If it was mine I;ld crop the right so it's all leaves.

Nice take on lost - love it :)

If it was mine I;ld crop the right so it's all leaves.
Thanks, I did try a crop but preferred this I quite liked the empty space, probably just me though :)

A lost key, very nice shot Allan and good colours in the image too. Just a thought, maybe a low down angle shot with just a bit of the key showing from under a leaf :thinking:
Thanks Dave, I did take a few versions with the key hidden a bit more but it kind of got lost so settled on this one

I do like your processing for this one, Allan. It draws attention straight to the leaves and the key, and the dark background makes the key stand out just enough without being too obvious. Great idea (y)
thanks

Allan

Filthy, sure is, I like the subdue effect on the colours.

Mark, very good find, oof background is good, post is nice and sharp, lots of detail.

Lost, good idea, maybe better to have some of the key hidden, but it does work well. Colours look much better on Flickr.

Pete

Allan

Filthy, sure is, I like the subdue effect on the colours.

Mark, very good find, oof background is good, post is nice and sharp, lots of detail.

Lost, good idea, maybe better to have some of the key hidden, but it does work well. Colours look much better on Flickr.

Pete
Thanks

Lost works for me, the key is picked out nicely and I thing the empty space to the right works, kind of feels like the wind has just blown the leaves.

Lost
I like it, the vignetting works, highlighting the area of the key. I think if it were mine I'd flip it horizontally, so the light leads in from the left.

WEEK 47 MONSTROUS

Monstrous by Allan Howe, on Flickr

Following on from some pictures that were posted last week the other side of war, a lot of people where executed for desertion or cowardice when they were just children or scared, I think the treatment of them fits the theme

Saw a news clip recently about getting some of the WW1 films back to life by putting colours and sounds into them. In one clip you can feel the fear in the young soldier eyes due to the sounds of machine guns and bombs going off everywhere.

Your shot sums up what happened to those brave young men if they refused to go over the top. A simple but very powerful image.

Saw a news clip recently about getting some of the WW1 films back to life by putting colours and sounds into them. In one clip you can feel the fear in the young soldier eyes due to the sounds of machine guns and bombs going off everywhere.

Your shot sums up what happened to those brave young men if they refused to go over the top. A simple but very powerful image.
Thanks Stan

Hi Allan,

Lost - lovely use of the light to spotlight the key.

MONSTROUS - What Stan said. Can't put it better.
The fact you've deliberately placed the face in shadow adds to the feeling of despair.

Back