weekly alsjazzera TP52 2014 WEEK 52 SUPPORT added

Ending - nice fun picture. I know what you mean about the themes - and I thought last year was bad enough. Just keep beavering on!

Yep, as said, fun image Allan (y) As for the themes, they can only get better (I hope :D)

Hi Allan, sorry if I've not been back for a while.

Sense, lovely puddytat. I like how you've managed to highlight all of the senses, it works well against the dark background.

Ending, made me laugh. I do recall you disliking the themes last year (as we all did, dam juxtaposition) I'm sure some themes that inspire you are just around the corner :)

Well i can see lots of different endings in this image, i think its a fun image and fits the theme nicely.

Thanks Mandy

Endings everywhere lol, fun photo as Mandy has said with lots of on theme options to see :)

Ta

Ending of endings ;)

Indeed

I agree with Andy, good one :)

Thank you

Nice fun shot.

Thanks

Hi Allan

I really like the Sense shot , that look would stop most dogs dead !! I like the lighting , the highlight is on the whiskers which is exactly what you wanted I think) , the blacks are black & the whites white.....purrrfect (y)

My tiny bit of crit is the small lighter areas lower rhs of the frame...can't make out if they are part of the cat or light spill ?

Ending....good fun image :)

As for wading through treacle...I feel your pain ;)

Thanks Lynne the light patches are probably light spill never noticed till you said

Quite like What you done for Ending it brought a smile, for the themes they can't get any worse can they?

hopefully not

Ending - nice fun picture. I know what you mean about the themes - and I thought last year was bad enough. Just keep beavering on!

I am hanging on in

I really like it a lot.....it's good fun and it fits the theme....I hope you stick with it.....I've really liked all your images so far :)

Thats very nice of you to say

Hi Allan
Ending - fun image - but not your best I feel. Still it's done - and don't give up - I would miss your humour :rolleyes::p and honest pithy assessments.(y)

definitely not my best very apathetic really, have already upset someone with my humorous pithyness, will be over to your thread to leave some pithy comments soon:p:naughty:

cracks me up

thanks, there is nothing better than suggested wife beating to raise a chuckle

Yep, as said, fun image Allan (y) As for the themes, they can only get better (I hope :D)

lets hope so

Hi Allan, sorry if I've not been back for a while.

Sense, lovely puddytat. I like how you've managed to highlight all of the senses, it works well against the dark background.

Ending, made me laugh. I do recall you disliking the themes last year (as we all did, dam juxtaposition) I'm sure some themes that inspire you are just around the corner :)

I do remember moaning a little bit last year:grumpy::sorry:, but this year its been about 5 weeks on the run. I will hang on in there just to get round that corner thats promised :tumbleweed:

Last edited:
This one raised a smile over here. The use of Fin rather than End has been well thought. I also like that the image fades to black at the top giving a sense of intrigue as to the dead body.

Ending, not your greatest shot but its on theme and its fun.
Look forward to seeing more.

Sense - On 1st look I really wanted the eye to be in focus then I saw the title... you got it spot on with the whiskers (y)

Ending - Nice fun take on theme

Thank you

:wacky:

Hahaaaa nice fun shot Allan :)

Sure do hope you keep with it mate... we all go through these sticky patches as you know (y)

Thanks DK

Ending, not your greatest shot but its on theme and its fun.
Look forward to seeing more.

Tis true

Ending, bit weird but I like it...yeah, that's a weird one :)

You are not wrong

Cheers.

ditto

Cute, simple, well composed and the read really pops. Good lighting, I'd like a little less on the surrounding to really give it a more spotlight feel.

Cheers.

Nothing to add, it's all been said. Good pic.

Just to echo whats been said above Allan (y)
I like the lighting effect you've chosen here, the figures in the spotlight works well.
I don't mind the negative space on the rhs, the figures being in the positive space creates the balance. Good work (y)

I agree, nice composition and well lit, but struggling to see the connection with the theme

eeek - all the way back to sense for me......

I like the darkness - implies the cats sense of whats around it, even in the dark, through their whiskers which youve caught the light on perfectly... I do think anything else would detract from this, and we must remember that its a moving subject where the difficulty of lighting and composing increases dramataically!

ending.... I've had similar feelings to your regarding this years... hopefully the weather will improve and we can see more outdoor ones as the summer comes. (?). :)

positive is a nice theme to have though, and the hug from the little salt and pepper pots is really positive. Stand out area for me is the black BG and base, but still leaving them something to stand on. - like it.

I really like this Allan, really nice targeted light that's enough to light the surrounding area enough so that the subject isn't floating but not too much so it ruins the effect. Well done.

Hi Allan

I just love those salt n pepper pots......love ths hot as well...lighting is great as is the placement in the frame :clap:

WEEK 10 TIME

time
by allanhowe, on Flickr

Have we not had this subject 3 years running now :thinking: please put it in the bin.

This is an old sundial which I am currently remounting as the plinth it was on is broken, have cut and routed a piece of oak for it to sit on
so I am now looking for a reclaimed stone plinth.

Last edited:
Hi Allan, Sorry I've not stopped by in a while... Trying to catch up!

Ending - Made me chuckle. Especially reading the description!
Positive - Like the lighting. Red, white and black works well. Only tiny niggle is a what looks like a few scratches on the surface the pots are standing on.
Time - I like this. Composition is different to what we normally see with this subject... Also like that it's B&W.

And yes, we seem to be getting a lot of repeat themes! :(

Back