weekly Andrew Benbow's TP52 Thread Week 4 "Over"

A great set of images for Gate(d) like others I think its got to be No 2 for me just becuase of the textures in it.

I like the way you have framed it with the bridge, and I like the detail shots too, the B/W really suits it

Week 0 - That is very atmospheric. Know the bridge but would not have thought of a night time long exposure.
Week 1 - Of the lot I prefer the second one for the subtle colours. There do seem to be a lot of works going on on the T&M this winter and getting in the way of my shots too.

Looks like you were clocked :)
Good straight horizontal horizon, but if you had been able to drop down a little, it wouldn't have passed through the chap's head.
Nicely balanced shot though and a nice contrast of the red coats against the pale winter blue.

People (and dogs in hi viz coats) is a great photo, composition works well, although I wonder how it would look in landscape orientation.

Stark is an amazing fine art photo, nothing to criticise!

Stark I really like, a lot (y) very atmospheric and it’s got me wanting to head to the coast and take some long exposures

Yep - stark as stark thing! Nice!

... really like your People .... portrait orientation works a treat ... woman fiddling with camera whilst in control of dog on precariously high wall. Fab colour.

Stark .... ... a tog orgasm :clap::exit:

People. Not my favorite subject and I don't have the time this week - I'm in Dorset with some other TP members - so here is a couple on the Cobb.

20180114-_A2A9033

by Andrew Benbow

I like the colour contrast between the sky and the red jackets on the doggies. I'm worried the wind might take some of our fellow members off the wall!!

Dog rough and a pile of rotting wood ! Ppaaa!

These look great my friend! We were on that cob a long time that day waiting for a moment like that! And you got it!

The pier is a great image also with depth and yet looks isolated ........ just brilliant memories of a great trip !!! [emoji106]

These look great my friend! We were on that cob a long time that day waiting for a moment like that! And you got it!

The pier is a great image also with depth and yet looks isolated ........ just brilliant memories of a great trip !!! [emoji106]

And your driver must of been brilliant ? [emoji23]

Love the colour wash look to people and those reds really stand out. excellent shot.

Stark is really atmospheric and well executed long exposure. Not much of that pier left is there:)

Stark works very well for the theme. If I was looking at it out of context I'd say there's too much white at the top of the frame and black at the bottom, but, for the theme, it works very well.

Catching up an all of the lovely comments, apologies for being so lax!

Hi Andrew, one of my favourite type of photos, and perfect for the theme, b&w adds that extra Stark touch, very nicely done.

Thank you :)

Oooo very nice indeed Andrew, my type of photo for sure... a real nice high key image, I love the way the tones fade from light top to dark bottom, cracking image, what's not to like :clap:

Thank you!

Missed your people shot somehow... liking the framing again and the bright dog coats, a real good spot Andrew :)

Thank you! They were posted quite close together.

People is a good shot Andrew, like that you got eye contact as it makes the shot better imo. Stark is very well taken shot as it does look stark out there, dark and moody and goes well in mono.

Thank you! I was happy when he was watching and she was looking down, although he didn't look too happy :p

I'm not big into this kid of long exposure, but I can recognise a well executed and imagined shot, and this is one of those.

Thank you. I think most of my shots were long exposure, the weather was "challenging" but there wasn't any mist or great sun rise/set so it felt like a LE trip :)

People (and dogs in hi viz coats) is a great photo, composition works well, although I wonder how it would look in landscape orientation.

Stark is an amazing fine art photo, nothing to criticise!

Thank you :) We were waiting around for a quiet pier and I needed a "people shot", although it looks like there were just 2 people, unfortunately, that wasn't the case - apart from people walking in some fairly ropy weather there was also several photographers milling around ;)

That stark image is so nice, very atmospheric, well processed as well (y)

Stark it’s all been said, nice work

Stark I really like, a lot (y) very atmospheric and it’s got me wanting to head to the coast and take some long exposures

Thank you :) We had a great week down there, and the weather made long exposure stuff pretty easy. I'll definitely be going back.

Good take on the theme with stark, nicely done

Yep - stark as stark thing! Nice!

... really like your People .... portrait orientation works a treat ... woman fiddling with camera whilst in control of dog on precariously high wall. Fab colour.

Stark .... ... a tog orgasm :clap::exit:

Thank you :) and Thank you :) LOL.

Lucky to be near such a lovely place as Swanage - so many photo opportunities. This is a really lovely image

Thank you :) We had a great time, definitely need to go back!

Stark is a great image.

I like the colour contrast between the sky and the red jackets on the doggies. I'm worried the wind might take some of our fellow members off the wall!!

Thank you :) It was pretty blowy for sure, not the worst afternoon we had though, St Aldhelm's gets that award.

Really like the minimalist approach to this photo, and how you've made it black and white

Stark nothing else I can add to what has been said excellent image

People - lovely image and nicely composed, very fitting for the theme.

Stark - just simply perfect nothing else I can add that hasn't been mentioned already.

Thanks Mark! It was a great trip, thanks for organizing, looking forward to meeting up with everyone again!

Love the colour wash look to people and those reds really stand out. excellent shot.

Stark is really atmospheric and well executed long exposure. Not much of that pier left is there:)

Thank you :) The pier is definitely crumbling. We spoke with one of the chaps on the gate, apparently they lose a little each year.

People - I like the overall colour of the shot and the walk way leads you into it.
Stark - I really like that .

I don't like taking photos of people either so you did well to get this couple in an interesting location and with a pair of such well-dressed dogs! I think the dogs' coats add important splashes of bright colour in this one.

Stark is excellent for the theme; an ideal scene well processed (y)

Back