weekly Bebop's 52 for 2022 - Week 52: Showcase

I quite like it Bebop, for some reason it makes me think of an Andy Warhol painting...

Lovely shot and agree with the other comment about the radioactive symbol. That was the first thing I thought too
Thanks Simon. Maybe I'll call it Nuclear Pink! :)

It's always worth adjusting the sliders just to see the effect, I always like to see how an image changes with the edge detect filter in Affinity Photo. The pink is certainly striking, the glass and reflections on the non WB adjusted looks almost metallic.
Thanks Stuart. On the pink version, I tweaked the luminance of the blues and it almost felt like it was adding light (that sounds really obvious reading it back ha ha!} - in Photolab. I have never used the edge detect filter in Affinity, so thank you for mentioning that. I can have a play :) I am also tempted to have another go after I've cleaned that one bottle - dust!

Week 3 Clever processing Bebop, works really well
Week4 again another clever trick to make a difference, and so simple as well.

Week 05: Snapper's Choice and Technique - ICM

I'm disappointed not to have found time to do something more interesting this week Here is a quick ICM I snapped yesterday whilst waiting for my friend. my 3 stop filter case was empty when I got there so this is handheld in bright sunshine with a 10 stop on, which is a first for me ha ha! Ah well, it ticks a box.

20220209-BC123509_1_week05.jpg

I'm not a fan of ICM, but I really like this as it has a fantastic abstract feel with no real 'subject' (that you can't see because of the ICM!). Good job and lovely colours.

That works ... a nice image

That looks very nice ... a very pleasing image.

As many of the above comments - a nice abstract shot and tick for ICM!

The play of white with the blue works well for me Bebop. I think that sometimes it's better not to prepare, just use what you have to hand.

I'm not a fan of ICM, but I really like this as it has a fantastic abstract feel with no real 'subject' (that you can't see because of the ICM!). Good job and lovely colours.
Certainly does tick a box. I like it a lot.
That works ... a nice image
It works. Nice subtle colours.
That's good, you can just about tell what it is, and its very abstract.
A nice abstract OCM with some good colours.
That looks very nice ... a very pleasing image.
As many of the above comments - a nice abstract shot and tick for ICM!
The play of white with the blue works well for me Bebop. I think that sometimes it's better not to prepare, just use what you have to hand.
Thank you all so much. You are very kind. I wanted a bit of beach or a sunset really, but then I would have go t behind, It is a crashing wave in case you can't tell ha ha! :)

That’s very nice Bebob and one of my favourite ICM pics that I’ve seen in this challenge. I like the lines and the limited colour palette.

Week 6: Alley

I made a rare trip in to town today. I should have put 'remember to take camera' at the top of my to do list :rolleyes: as I planned to get my alley shot. Luckily my camera club has a phone challenge on at the moment, so I am doubling up on this.
For the first time ever I had a go at using Snapseed..... I'm not sure whether this adds a bit of blur/glow, but the quality does seem to be lacking to me. I liked the lines and angles best in the first one, but let me know which you prefer.

IMG_7015_week06.jpg

I quite liked the Visual Impact of this one :LOL:

IMG_7017_week06.jpg

And just for completeness, here is the view from the other end.

Snapseed_week06.jpg

Can't really pick a favourite, all three are very good.
#3 seems to have a sharper focus and more depth of field, but that might be me.

Can't really pick a favourite, all three are very good.
#3 seems to have a sharper focus and more depth of field, but that might be me.
Thanks David. I think they're all a little bit off really, but I'm not sure if it's snapseed, my phone, or my lack of skill. Actually looking on my phone, the focus looks better throughout, so I think it's the processing/downsizing somewhere along the way.

Thanks David. I think they're all a little bit off really, but I'm not sure if it's snapseed, my phone, or my lack of skill. Actually looking on my phone, the focus looks better throughout, so I think it's the processing/downsizing somewhere along the way.
I have had the same issue in the past, downsizing and uploading to websites always has its challenges.
All great images.

A good set Bebop, I definitely like the second one best. The first seems flat to me. I haven't used my phone much would probably have gotten much poorer results than you did :) .

All three are good, and I like the overhead passageway in the 3rd one. The 2nd one is probably my preferred I use Snapseed occasionally. A decent set of tools.

A sunny alley!
First for me. The second has a bit more impact but looks blurry on my screen.
All well composed.

A good set - personally I prefer the second one, the first has a couple of words chopped off in the middle.

Reactions: Nod
Second image for me, I found the steam/smoke in the first image distracting

I like No1 but wish you'd got the full nameplate in.

Hi Bebop, I prefer the last one best, the light seems better, folloed by the first one.

First for me too but with the full street sign...

A good set Bebop, I definitely like the second one best. The first seems flat to me. I haven't used my phone much would probably have gotten much poorer results than you did :) .
All three are good, and I like the overhead passageway in the 3rd one. The 2nd one is probably my preferred I use Snapseed occasionally. A decent set of tools.
A sunny alley!
First for me. The second has a bit more impact but looks blurry on my screen.
All well composed.
I think I prefer the second one too.

Just seems a bit punchier.
A good set - personally I prefer the second one, the first has a couple of words chopped off in the middle.
Second image for me, I found the steam/smoke in the first image distracting
I like No1 but wish you'd got the full nameplate in.
My favourite is the middle one. I find the thing in the top right corner distracting in the first one and the 3rd one isn't as nice a view as the other 2.
Hi Bebop, I prefer the last one best, the light seems better, folloed by the first one.
A nice set Bebop. I prefer the 1st as the lighting suits it.
First for me too but with the full street sign...

Many thanks everyone and so interesting reading the comments! Yes I wish I'd thought to get the whole road sign in too.

The distraction in the top is a bell which I'd never really noticed before, but it is called Watchbell Lane, so I really should find out more about that.. quick google... .
Apparently the hand bell was sounded to mark a night time curfew and remind people to put out their fires for night time safety. I found that in a pub walk guide :)

They do all look much sharper on my phone, so I have obviously worked some blurry magic getting them on here.

Last edited:
I just had a go at cropping out the road sign and the bell. I also changed it to bicubic sharper on export to see if that improved the sharpness, however I then had to downsize it more, so....
thanks for the comments, I think it is an improvement.

IMG_7015_1_week06.jpg

Back