BobBCN 52 Challenge 2019 - Week 52

Nice wet image. Very creative there Bob

Thanks Ian!!

Bob

Just catching up with comments.

Distance, great shot of a new underground station, all nice and clean, I like the way you have centred the tactile tiles down the image, glad you did not go B&W as the colours really help.

Cold, had to laugh at your description and I admire your dedication on getting this shot.

Waiting, I prefer the last image here, its the look on the girls face. All are very good.

Rough, On theme and I thought they where copper and silver coins.

Object, well it works, it is an object and the sparks add to the image which is rather dark without them.

Wet, on theme, but the part of the spray bottle you have distracts from the Image, not sure if more or less is required. Spray gives an interesting effect.

Pete

Cheers Pete. Comments appreciated!

Last edited:
As a little boy trying this No hands my Mum told me this, Look Mum No hands, Look Mum No feet, Look Mum No teeth.
Your images have jest made me think of that so thanks for the memories with these shots.

Mine too!! Cheers Dave!

That's an excellent idea for Free Week Bob very well spotted, how does he do that without falling off ....and read a text on the phone too!!

Multi-tasking taken to an extreme!! Thanks Susie!

perfect scene to capture for the theme, I like the overhead view too.

A good sequence of shots there Bob. A good choice of shutter speed and good panning has left the person sharp and a nice amount of movement in the wheels and BG.

Ha ha - I really like that sequence of images. I've seen em looking at phones whilst cycling loads of times. They just need knocking off a few times :)

Great opportunist capture

Free week

I like this, I think the angle works well.
It didn't take him long to whip that phone out of his pocket.

Wet - Nice and simple nicely captured.

Free - I really like the whole set an interesting angle (which I like)

I thought this week is a Free week or is it the theme is FREE? :thinking: :D

Only joking Bob but very apt for the theme! :LOL:

I thought someone would spot the "free hands"!!. Cheers Stan!!

perfect scene to capture for the theme, I like the overhead view too.
Thanks Allan.

A good sequence of shots there Bob. A good choice of shutter speed and good panning has left the person sharp and a nice amount of movement in the wheels and BG.

I need to work on my panning, but I was fairly happy with the set. Thanks Lee.

Ha ha - I really like that sequence of images. I've seen em looking at phones whilst cycling loads of times. They just need knocking off a few times :)

Great opportunist capture

If he had fallen off, it would have been superb! From the togger's point of view, anyway. Cheers Ian.

Free week

I like this, I think the angle works well.
It didn't take him long to whip that phone out of his pocket.

Yes, he was quick off the mark. Obviously an old hand at this sort of thing. Thanks Dominic.

Very interesting narrative Bob, and a great image too!
Hope he doesn't make a habit of that....one always thinks everything's fine....until it isn't!!:facepalm:
Great perspective with some nice motion blur too, nicely done.(y)

Cheers Gareth.

Wet - Nice and simple nicely captured.

Free - I really like the whole set an interesting angle (which I like)

Thanks Mark.

Like this, the way the still objects on the edges hold the blurry bits in the frame, works well for me.

Yep - that's a fine shot. Love all that movement :)

Really well caught movement of the cars an interesting take on the theme

The motion blur really works in this image, nice shot.

Free: nice set of images with an unusual perspective.

Entrance: Plenty to see in the image, however I think the road sign would have to go.

Entrance is ok, but why I really do like it is the black ghost in the shot.

Like this, the way the still objects on the edges hold the blurry bits in the frame, works well for me.

I like the crop and the motion blur in this image Bob.
Also the bike mirror has a really nice reflection too....did you 'adjust' it while the rider wasn't looking?!;)
Fab work Bob!(y)

I thought about moving it to include myself!! But perhaps too pretentiously Hitchcockian!!

Yep - that's a fine shot. Love all that movement :)

Really well caught movement of the cars an interesting take on the theme

Wet, great idea and the mono really works. Bit abstract but I like it for sure

I like your take on the theme, it works very well with the captured movement.

The motion blur really works in this image, nice shot.

Free: nice set of images with an unusual perspective.

Entrance: Plenty to see in the image, however I think the road sign would have to go.

Yes, maybe it should. They are often wonky like that, Nudged by bad parking and never put straight.

Lovely use of movement to give the image some impact. I like it

Thanks for all the comments. My idea was to capture the movement of traffic, in front of the TESLA place. Not sure if there's actually much movement inside!!

Last edited:
Love the motion blur in entrance. Looks pretty cool against the backdrop. I personally would have preferred to have no bike parts at all in the foreground

Hi Bob,
Entrance: I like this - its a really interesting and different shot for the theme. It works really well. I prefer the bikes in the FG to be there as they serve to frame the image.
Great 'shoehorn' for Young! Nice and bright with vivid colours and a good interpretation for the theme.

Ha ha, nicely done Bob. Toys for young uns, possibly kid's trainers?

Free - He obviously got the wrong end of the stick about having a hands free..! I like the series of shots though. I like the perspective makes it more interesting in my opinion.
Entrance - Like the framing of the movement with the still bikes, it's an unusual and unique perspective!
Young - The toys look like they are up to mischief!

Nice shots Bob!

Hi Bob,
Entrance: I like this - its a really interesting and different shot for the theme. It works really well. I prefer the bikes in the FG to be there as they serve to frame the image.
Great 'shoehorn' for Young! Nice and bright with vivid colours and a good interpretation for the theme.

Thanks Lee.

Novel and creative Bob!(y)
The colours are great and it's a well composed shot....I like it!
I wouldn't say it's too much of a shoehorn....fits pretty well, and you got the word 'young' in there twice, so that's good enough for me!:giggle:
I've only just got what you meant by 'shoehorn'! They're shoehorns!!:LOL:
Very clever!:clap:
Eeee, I'm a bit thick today!!:banghead:

Yep, a pair of shoehorns in fact. Cheers Gareth!

Very nice shoehorn indeed for young.

Thanks Dave

Creative thinking there Bob, and it definitely fits the theme.

Well, creative-ish, a long way to go to get to the Chema Madoz level….
Cheers Carl

Ha ha, nicely done Bob. Toys for young uns, possibly kid's trainers?

Cheers Ian.

Free - He obviously got the wrong end of the stick about having a hands free..! I like the series of shots though. I like the perspective makes it more interesting in my opinion.
Entrance - Like the framing of the movement with the still bikes, it's an unusual and unique perspective!
Young - The toys look like they are up to mischief!
Nice shots Bob!

Thanks Dom. Comments appreciated.

I take it there is a reason why you didn’t use the colour shot it’s a nice macro/abstract shot though as for the “young” shoehorn that’s a little bit scary and odd.

Back