weekly Bruja's 2015 52 CHRISTMAS and DONE!!!!

Jill, just been looking through your Flickr (lots of great stuff), I love Pattern-2!, really clean, simply but very effective. Lighting is great too. Can I ask how you done it?, Piece on white paper and balanced the cone, with lighting straight above?

Hi Ian

Thanks for looking and commenting too.

Both the pine cone and the vine leaf were shot using a light box. Just place item on top, switch on and shoot :) . Then fiddle about for ages trying to get the WB right :).

Loads of ideas how to make one on t'internet - just search 'how to make a light box'

.. more brain/eye ache. :exit:

actually ... I like the way you've captured the contrasting colours and detail of the individual items.

Is that your entire wardrobe?

Hi David

Oops, didn't mean to cause you more pain....

.. more brain/eye ache. :exit:

actually ... I like the way you've captured the contrasting colours and detail of the individual items.

Is that your entire wardrobe?

Nooo, my wardrobe is much much bigger ;)

Hi Jill. A lovely vibrant image - love the prominence you have given to the price tab which in a funny sort of way is a visual comment that fashion costs. :clap:

Hi Jill. A lovely vibrant image - love the prominence you have given to the price tab which in a funny sort of way is a visual comment that fashion costs. :clap:

Thanks Carl (y)

Hi Jill ... I like the choice for the theme, bright and eye catching, the bright yellow price tag adds that extra interest.

Cheers Susie, it's from our local market which, now we've moved, is just a short walk away :rolleyes:

Hi Jill, I like the inclusion of the price, nice composition, I'd like to seen the top of the rain but does really detract.

Hi Jill
Religion.... Yes its the first crop for me too, seems to capture the expression much better, really like the full view of the statue too(y).
Geometric .... ooohhh ahhh now that's burnt onto my retinas!:eek::ROFLMAO:. Strange how these patterns do funny things to your eyes! PS its even worse if you scroll the screen up and down as your looking at it:stop:.
Fashion .... Think this is a step down from the Bra shot:whistle::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Nice and bright quite colourful. You can tell its not the UK, the shops here are filling with woolly jumpers and coats! Certainly fits the theme well(y)

Fashion, doesn't grab but but neither did mine :) Nice detail and I like the idea behind it and our throwaway society.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy and cheers back at you.

Hi Jill, I like the inclusion of the price, nice composition, I'd like to seen the top of the rain but does really detract.

Thanks Ian (y)

Hi Jill
Religion.... Yes its the first crop for me too, seems to capture the expression much better, really like the full view of the statue too(y).
Geometric .... ooohhh ahhh now that's burnt onto my retinas!:eek::ROFLMAO:. Strange how these patterns do funny things to your eyes! PS its even worse if you scroll the screen up and down as your looking at it:stop:.
Fashion .... Think this is a step down from the Bra shot:whistle::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Nice and bright quite colourful. You can tell its not the UK, the shops here are filling with woolly jumpers and coats! Certainly fits the theme well(y)

Thanks Steve, and, just so I don't disappoint, take a look at Chilled :naughty::whistle::ROFLMAO:

Hi Jill, that's great! B&W works really nicely and the lighting certainly help emphases the "cheeks". Excellent composition. But it's not what it appears to be is it :). So I'll bite what is it?

Last edited:
Cheeky! And such a tease, great fun.
This is super, love the strong composition of the large areas of differing tone and the no-doubt intentional "buttock like" organic curves. Top marks Jill. I'm clapping. :)

Last edited:
Ha ha - a mysterious chill in the air. No visible signs of ice melt so the cube hasn't been "there" for long ... not surprisingly. Brrrrr!

Hmmm, poultry of some kind?

That's my torso you cheeky young monkey :ROFLMAO::LOL:

The ice cube is in my navel and that's my ribcage to the right :bat::bat:

I know I'm 60 but......... poultry......... :wideyed:

Cheeky! And such a tease, great fun.
This is super, love the strong composition of the large areas of differing tone and the no-doubt intentional "buttock like" organic curves. Top marks Jill. I'm clapping. :)

Thanks Brian :banana::woot::banana:

Ha ha - a mysterious chill in the air. No visible signs of ice melt so the cube hasn't been "there" for long ... not surprisingly. Brrrrr!

Thanks Carl, and at least you don't think it's poultry :ROFLMAO::LOL:

I bloody new it!!!! I soon as I posted I said bet you I've got it wrong lol I did initially think of the bottom of the spine but I thought the buttocks looked wrong.

Sorry Jill :coat:

Clearly Ian meant poultry as in chicken making it a pic of a cool chick.

Nice try Carl but my goose is cooked !:nailbiting:

Naughty ;)

I actually thought the ice cube was on the base of your spine.

Like it, nice B&W with subtle lighting.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy (y)

I bloody new it!!!! I soon as I posted I said bet you I've got it wrong lol I did initially think of the bottom of the spine but I thought the buttocks looked wrong.

Sorry Jill :coat:

Nice try Carl but my goose is cooked !:nailbiting:

Well MrB says I'm no spring chicken :D He'd better duck :ROFLMAO:

Oh! Excellent Jill, I'm glad to see you had another excuse to get your kit off I've missed "these" (y)

Cool idea for an image too ;)

Oh! Excellent Jill, I'm glad to see you had another excuse to get your kit off I've missed "these" (y)

Cool idea for an image too ;)

Why thank you kind sir :p:D

Love the light in CHILLED. Cant believe the model stayed still!

The model was me doing a 'selfie' Mathew, glad you like it (y)

Hi Jill, was a little worried by chilled, brave shot indeed and very fitting for the theme

Hi Jill what a brave shot ...it was bad enough revealing my foot :oops: :$ really nicely done :clap:

Thanks Susie :)

I was wondering if it was a selfie too, and Like Andy (@posiview) I thought it must be the base of your spine.
now you say it though, I guess it does have to be a navel.

Great clear shot, nice pp and great clean uncluttered background.

Cheers Tim, it seems to have confused a few people, but maybe that was my intention ;)

Hi Jill, was a little worried by chilled, brave shot indeed and very fitting for the theme

Very kind Allan, glad you like it :D

Back