weekly Bruja's 2015 52 CHRISTMAS and DONE!!!!

Noise; nice sharp image with clear reflections. Very apt for the theme.

Thanks Stan, right place, right time :D

Hi Jill. Love all the reflections ... in the image I mean. It's got oomph .... as well as a touch of oompah oompah of course. ;)

Hi Carl, definitely oompah, oompah, oompapah :p

I am amazed they still have brass bands walking through town not a thing I remember seeing since i was a child and the salvation army used to randomly turn up
certainly noisy though

Hi Allan, there are still a lot of brass bands in Spain but I' ve only seen/heard them during Semana Santa (Holy Week)

Noise ... love the colour, focus, tight crop, the nothingness up top, then that amazing reflection. (y)

Thanks David, it was the reflection that caught my attention :)

Lovely!

What an interesting shot, sharp in all the right places, superb reflections and colours, I love how you've captured his expression. I'd clone out the stains on the church wall but that's subjective of course. This would look good in a travel brochure I think. Nice one matey! (y)

Wow, thanks Brian, I seem to be on a roll just now :D, or maybe I' ve just got lucky :LOL:

Hi Jill. Yes, the hardest theme so far I think. Wise words from you. Like the "Stay True" outfit - nice bit of modelling.

Hi Jill. Yes, the hardest theme so far I think. Wise words from you. Like the "Stay True" outfit - nice bit of modelling.

Thanks Carl, saw the dress on the market on Monday and thought 'that'll do it' :D

Hi Jill

Yes very true, best to ignore some feelings/emotions/traits but not always easy, nice picture, looking very comfortable indeed, good job your naval isn't really that high :D

:p:ROFLMAO: It's the size of my chest pulling the dress up :naughty:

Good grief - that was fast Jill. Nice perspective and colour - like the trees in particular.

Well done with the speed of response to the topic Jill. Once a again, that's a great take on the image, well composed and taken with the inverse processing giving it the added ompfh.
Like the inverse linky too :)

Irony hahah ... cracking pose .. brave, thanks for sharing.

Inverse ... it is ... very interesting too ... so much going on. (y)

Good grief - that was fast Jill. Nice perspective and colour - like the trees in particular.

MrB has always said I was a fast woman, don't know what he means :naughty: Thanks Carl.

Well done with the speed of response to the topic Jill. Once a again, that's a great take on the image, well composed and taken with the inverse processing giving it the added ompfh.
Like the inverse linky too :)

Thanks Lee, glad you like it (y)

Irony hahah ... cracking pose .. brave, thanks for sharing.

Inverse ... it is ... very interesting too ... so much going on. (y)

Thanks so much David (y)

Hi Jill, excellent shot for envy, interesting dress

Inverse, unusual colours, works well for the theme, as always interesting images from yourself, I like what you do

I was only going to comments on everyone's inverse but I had to comment on you envy. Love it. I did a second take look at first but really like the confident and assured smile :clap: Nice legs as well :D

Inverse, very crisp photograph and the colours really work well.

Cheers.

Hi Jill,

Sorry I have commented in a while...

Despair: An amazing photo. Really hits the theme. I love the mono simplicity. The tile lead in line works perfectly to draw and hold my eye onto the focal point of the picture. Bravo :clap:
Noise: Spot on theme. Well exposed for what looks like a very bright scene.
Envy: Great concept and great pose. Like it (y)
Inverse. Quick off the mark and another great photo. I like the crisp line and deep DoF. Well done for creating your own LR preset too. I would have no idea where to start to do that :)

Despair - Phenomenal image, no critique, wonderful lead in line and spot on theme, perfect exposure and use of light, post sets it off lovely.
Noise - Lovely and sharp image, very bright and detailed image, on theme as usual. excellent shot
Envy - Cleverly done. original idea, spot on theme and well exposed
Inverse - Nice subject to invert in post, lots to look at, lines and geometry make it very interesting.

Envy: Hey, how you doin? - Oh, hang on... wtf? Nice dress, double take- a-licious! :LOL: great fun, well done.

Inverse: Gotta be honest I had a similar idea but you beat me to it. Not that that is a problem, you also you did a better job than I would have. Super image. (y)

Hi Jill, excellent shot for envy, interesting dress

Inverse, unusual colours, works well for the theme, as always interesting images from yourself, I like what you do

Thanks so much Allan. I couldn't resist the dress when it appeared just at the right time on the market Glad you like my stuff (y)

Hi Jill great dress for Envy, I've never seen one like that , it works really well especially with your added comment.

Inverse ...that is really eye catching ...love how you've processed that one.

Hi Susie, I just created a negative preset in LR and turned the positive pic into a colour negative. The joys of Google :)

I was only going to comments on everyone's inverse but I had to comment on you envy. Love it. I did a second take look at first but really like the confident and assured smile :clap: Nice legs as well :D

Inverse, very crisp photograph and the colours really work well.

Cheers.

Hahahah, glad you like it, and the legs :) I like pics where you do a double take or that have you scratching your head. I just don't produce them very often :whistle:

Hi Jill,

Sorry I have commented in a while...

Despair: An amazing photo. Really hits the theme. I love the mono simplicity. The tile lead in line works perfectly to draw and hold my eye onto the focal point of the picture. Bravo :clap:
Noise: Spot on theme. Well exposed for what looks like a very bright scene.
Envy: Great concept and great pose. Like it (y)
Inverse. Quick off the mark and another great photo. I like the crisp line and deep DoF. Well done for creating your own LR preset too. I would have no idea where to start to do that :)

Hi Lee, don't worry about it. Glad you like what I do and the preset was pretty easy thanks to the wonders of Google ;)

Despair - Phenomenal image, no critique, wonderful lead in line and spot on theme, perfect exposure and use of light, post sets it off lovely.
Noise - Lovely and sharp image, very bright and detailed image, on theme as usual. excellent shot
Envy - Cleverly done. original idea, spot on theme and well exposed
Inverse - Nice subject to invert in post, lots to look at, lines and geometry make it very interesting.

Thanks for dropping in again Nathan. Despair seems by far my most critically acclaimed shot of this 52 so I'm pretty proud of it :rolleyes:

Glad you like the rest too(y)

Envy: Hey, how you doin? - Oh, hang on... wtf? Nice dress, double take- a-licious! :LOL: great fun, well done.

Inverse: Gotta be honest I had a similar idea but you beat me to it. Not that that is a problem, you also you did a better job than I would have. Super image. (y)

Hahaha, wtf indeed and glad it made you laugh too. It definitely is one of those double-take pics I love so well :D

Last edited:
Hi Jill. Shimmer #2 for me - more obvious as you say but I do like that sparkling in the water, and you've managed so well to keep the definition & colour in the leaves as well. :clap:

Hi Jill,

I prefer the first, the reverse vignette reminds me of when I have to squint in bright sunlight which seems to suit the beach setting. (y)

Hi Jill. Shimmer #2 for me - more obvious as you say but I do like that sparkling in the water, and you've managed so well to keep the definition & colour in the leaves as well. :clap:

Hi Jill :)

Inverse - LOVE the colours in this image, and the curing leading lines are great too, really interesting shot (y)

Shimmer - Ooooo for me it's got to be the water shimmering through the foliage, nice bokeh :)

Hi Jill,

I prefer the first, the reverse vignette reminds me of when I have to squint in bright sunlight which seems to suit the beach setting. (y)

Hi Jill ...it has to be shot number two for me ...the first one seems to lack a bit of oomph ! The light on the second one is lovely shimmering through the autumn leaves.

Thanks everyone. (y) Not many of us left now :(

Not a lot of motivation for this theme. I guess some themes are like that.

ELEMENTS (aka Carbon is a girl's best friend :D)

And a cyclists! :D

Quite a nice shot of (are they yours? of course they are!) rings, I like that they are obviously worn, you have worn them with love. Anyway, good focus and DOF. I like the arrangement and how the gold seems to give off it's colour to the background.

It has been a hard week really, never mind it's nearly Friday! :X

Last edited:
Not a lot of motivation for this theme. I guess some themes are like that.
Well presented, and fits the theme though Jill (y)

Hi Jill

Shimmer ... I like the dreaminess of the beach, and then that bokeh through the trees. Both on theme.

Elements ... clever/crafty one. But I'm not sure re focus & light, not that I know about such things.

And a cyclists! :D

Quite a nice shot of (are they yours? of course they are!) rings, I like that they are obviously worn, you have worn them with love. Anyway, good focus and DOF. I like the arrangement and how the gold seems to give off it's colour to the background.

It has been a hard week really, never mind it's nearly Friday! :X

They have been worn for 24 years and it shows in close up. Both on the rings and me :D

Well presented, and fits the theme though Jill (y)

Thank you Hissy, much appreciated.

Hi, nice enough shot but I know what you mean about the theme

Cheers Allan. Seasonal is not much better as it doesn't really change much here, other than getting dark earlier.

Hi Jill ....really nice shot for the theme ....not an easy one was it, although I seem to say that every week lately.
Yes, the thread's very quiet ...it's a shame so many drop out after such an enthusiastic start, but it does make the commenting easier :)

Thanks Susie, and glad to say I'm about caught up now with commenting :sleep:

Oh wow - very inventive take on the theme and a lovely shot as well. :clap:

Thanks Carl, you are always so positive about my shots (y)

Back