weekly Bruja's 2015 52 CHRISTMAS and DONE!!!!

Hi Jill, good shot for scenic, and it's far different from what I'd normally associate with Spain (from my very limited travels there). As you say, it'll look very different in a few weeks time, but I think your perseverance paid off :)

I nearly fell in a couple of times :eek: What we do for our 'art' :runaway:
Maybe lay off the Vino for a bit? :D

Very nice Jill, nice light and a stark background sets it all off for me (y)

That's a wonderful view Jill, very well captured and very scenic !! :)

Thank you :)

Hi Jill, good shot for scenic, and it's far different from what I'd normally associate with Spain (from my very limited travels there). As you say, it'll look very different in a few weeks time, but I think your perseverance paid off :)

Thanks so much and thanks for looking.

Hi, lovely vista. Looks a little hazy.

Looks nice and hot there :)

Cheers.

Thanks Andy, it was only 6C brrrr.....

Maybe lay off the Vino for a bit? :D

Very nice Jill, nice light and a stark background sets it all off for me (y)

Spoilsport :p I like a drop of Vino and just to the left of the pic is a fab restaurant where we had lunch as the light wasn't quite right yet :naughty:

Scenic - a good image for the theme, well composed I like it.

Thank you and thanks for looking.

Spoilsport :p I like a drop of Vino and just to the left of the pic is a fab restaurant where we had lunch as the light wasn't quite right yet :naughty:
I'm glad to see you have your priorities right (y)
:D

Good image - would be interested to see it when it's in blossom as well

I think this is a really nice scene and captured the theme perfectly.

Thank you and thanks for looking

I like this one Jill, Scenic

Phil

Thanks Phil

Hi, nice calming image and the water looks great colour wise (y)

Thank you and thanks for stopping by

Its a lovely view, and it does look very dry and arid.

Not sure if its me but the horizon looks ever so slightly off, falls to the right.

Hi Darren and thanks for looking. I know what you mean about the horizon but I think it is a bit of an optical illusion as the far horizon and the tree are straight. I think it's because of the different inlets at different distances on either side (if that makes sense :help:)

Good image - would be interested to see it when it's in blossom as well

Thanks Perry

Nice scene, Jill, well captured. I would agree with the above comment about the slighty sloping horizon but as you say this may be an optical illusion (or too much vino ;))

Nice scene, Jill, well captured. I would agree with the above comment about the slighty sloping horizon but as you say this may be an optical illusion (or too much vino ;))

Hi Russell, and I hate to say this but I only had water as I'm unstable (some would say unbalanced) enough as it is :eek:

I've tried editing it to get that part looking level but then the tree goes off.......

I really like this Jill. Sometimes the locations that seem least likely to produce decent images can work if you give it a bit of thought. You've got some nice detail on the left, a lovely scenic vista across the back and some water to add a sense of calm. The sky is a bit flat and empty but I really like that subtle blue.

Lovely.

I really like this Jill. Sometimes the locations that seem least likely to produce decent images can work if you give it a bit of thought. You've got some nice detail on the left, a lovely scenic vista across the back and some water to add a sense of calm. The sky is a bit flat and empty but I really like that subtle blue.

Lovely.

Ooh, thanks Ian

Hiya Jill... that's a lovely peaceful image. It doesn't look cold and I was sitting here thinking I could do with a bit of foreign warmth but sounds like you don't have much of that! :)

I like the low contrast look - as Andy says, a bit of haze. It works. It actually makes me wonder what it would look like shooting the same/similar scene nearly (but not quite) into the sun, if that's possible with directions? Go for a really low contrast, backlit image. But anyway, it's nice as it is. Just needs a boat in the foreground ;)

I love the physical take on fragile, and the contrasty B&W just reinforces the statement I get from it. Scenic is a nice shot, the long crop is a good choice, complimenting the composition well. A little more interest in the sky would help it, but you can't shoot what's not there.

Hey Jill - lovely scenic shot, really like all the tiny ripples in the water[emoji5]️

A lovely scene, with good contrast between the calm flat water of the reservoir and the craggy mountains (y) My only crit would be that I find the (cypress?) tree and rather scrubby-looking bushes a little distracting and would have been tempted to crop the left side of the shot.

Hi Jill!

Like your take on fragile, great shot and meaning.

Scenic, like this too! Lovely interesting landscape. Like how it reaches into the distance.

Look forward to my next stop by!

Hiya Jill... that's a lovely peaceful image. It doesn't look cold and I was sitting here thinking I could do with a bit of foreign warmth but sounds like you don't have much of that! :)

I like the low contrast look - as Andy says, a bit of haze. It works. It actually makes me wonder what it would look like shooting the same/similar scene nearly (but not quite) into the sun, if that's possible with directions? Go for a really low contrast, backlit image. But anyway, it's nice as it is. Just needs a boat in the foreground ;)

Hi Paul and thanks. Unfortunately the perspective is due North so no can do but I've got another one here from earlier in the day when there was more interest in the sky, and another one, shot from almost the same spot as that one but a couple of years ago with a boat in just for you ;)

@pjm1

Scenic 2 by BrujaJill, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/qBYLdU]Negratin by BrujaJill, on Flickr[/URL]

I love the physical take on fragile, and the contrasty B&W just reinforces the statement I get from it. Scenic is a nice shot, the long crop is a good choice, complimenting the composition well. A little more interest in the sky would help it, but you can't shoot what's not there.

Thank you so much and for taking the time to have a look. The sky was more interesting earlier (see post above) but the light was all wrong and by the time the light was right the sky was clear. such is photography ;)

Hey Jill - lovely scenic shot, really like all the tiny ripples in the water[emoji5]️

Thank you, and thanks for looking

A lovely scene, with good contrast between the calm flat water of the reservoir and the craggy mountains (y) My only crit would be that I find the (cypress?) tree and rather scrubby-looking bushes a little distracting and would have been tempted to crop the left side of the shot.

Thanks Elaine for the feedback :)

Hi Jill!

Like your take on fragile, great shot and meaning.

Scenic, like this too! Lovely interesting landscape. Like how it reaches into the distance.

Look forward to my next stop by!

Thanks so much :D

I'm torn between the two TBH,
but I do like the splash of colour from the "peddalo" :)

Hi Jill i think i like No2 the best, really nice colour and a great reflection of the boat in the lake, really nice glass like surface until the wind cuts across. Like the semi submerged jetty and the misy mountains on the horizon. Nice work

Like them both Jill - lovely calming images :)

Thanks Michalene, and thanks for dropping by (y)

Hi Jill i think i like No2 the best, really nice colour and a great reflection of the boat in the lake, really nice glass like surface until the wind cuts across. Like the semi submerged jetty and the misy mountains on the horizon. Nice work

Thanks Steve, glad you stopped by :)

Another blog today.....

In 1991 I met my now husband and, in 1992, we got married. In 1993 I got the official confirmation that I had MS. I said to him that he could send me back as I was still under warranty but he just laughed. We've had our ups and downs, mostly nothing to do with the MS and, 10 years ago we moved to Spain when he took early retirement as he recovered from prostate cancer. Being together 24 hours a day took some getting used to :whistle: :grumpy: but, we got over it. 24 years on from our first meeting (he was one of my students at the time :naughty:) I still can't imagine spending the rest of my life with anyone else, which says a lot as he is my 3rd husband :p (I'm not easily pleased ;))

So today I dragged out my trusty tripod, figured out how to use the remote trigger, l then searched for a location that would allow me to try and replicate a candid picture I took back in 2008 of an old couple out for a walk. I haven't quite managed it but this is as good as it gets this week I think.

COMPANIONS

[url=https://flic.kr/p/qDtqsu]Companions by BrujaJill, on Flickr[/URL]​

Thanks for blogging your interesting life story.

I thought you done very well. Its a selfie taken from a different angle! I like the duotone, sepia post processing. It gives that an old photography feel to the image which in a sense kind of suits your story of 24 years together if you know what I mean. :) If I've to be a tad picky the cables/wires are just a bit spoiling an otherwise a very good image.

Hi again Jill :)
Such a romantic shot for companions......love the way its lit and the warm romance of the conversion. As ever, its made more appealing by the accompanying blog - clearly 3rd times the charm;) Good work on staging a candid-style shot too - i'm rubbish when I know whats coming:)

I did LOL at the warranty bit, Jill :D

I'm glad you are still very much happy after all these years.
I love the image,
It works really well from behind like that (y)

What a cracking back story.

It's a well composed photograph, apart from the cropped arm, but minor point after that narrative.

Cheers and keep enjoying each other (y)

Yes, that really meets the theme title and conveys a feeling of companionship. Technically good apart form a cropped arm and slightly too much rim lighting - but only a smidgen! Good work Jill

What an emotive story. best Wishes to you both. A lovely photo and others have said about the arm.

Back