weekly Bruja's 2016 52 - CELEBRATION

Cool funnily enough I thought you would do something along these lines.

Gaz

Ooo you are a Cheeky Monkey Jill :D

But I'm a little disappointed at that, ;)

Great idea (y)

Cheeky indeed ;), and you need to use your imagination ( for a change:p)

I'm shocked, I tell ya....Shocked!!! :runaway:

Great for the theme Jill, and nicely done too :)

(I'm surprised at the apparent lack of "body parts" for this theme thb!

Hhahahahah, thanks Ruth, I too thought there'd be a few more after the comments in the discussion thread. All talk and no action :)

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

Brilliant take on the theme Jill nice a subtle

Thanks Mark (y)

I guessed you'd do something daring Jill :) but is indeed very subtle.

I'd hate to disappoint :D

Definitely a cheeky take on this theme :) Good idea Jill, and I like the understated way you've processed this.

Thanks Andrea. It was the only way to go at my age ;) What I thought I looked like and what the camera showed were about 30 years apart :( :p

The mind boggles ... as well as the imagination. A mystifying and teasing image Jill - excellent and fun concept for the theme. :clap:

Thanks Carl, I thought I'd leave something to the imagination for a change :)

Very well done and top marks for bravery, got to be this week's winner.

Thanks so much (y)

Should have guessed you would do something like this - nice one Jill :D

Cheers Dean, glad I haven't disappointed :p

Cool funnily enough I thought you would do something along these lines.

Gaz

Thanks Gaz, seems I'm gaining a bit of a reputation :D

...But is it really what it looks like?
Very nice hi-key lighting effect, subtly done :)

Hi Tim, this time it is exactly what it looks like :D hand on buttock :naughty:

Glad you like it (y)

Looks like serious effort, I like the road disappearing into the distance giving the impression they have run a long way.

Looks like serious effort, I like the road disappearing into the distance giving the impression they have run a long way.

It was, they has started running at the same time we had started walking and we were at about the 4km mark when they passed us coming back :eek:

I really like your Personal image, not to naughty perfectly taken. super image for the Effort theme, looks hard going and hot too. Nice lines too.

Last edited:
My goodness, in that heat too. Nice composition Jill with the off-centre placement, horizon on thirds and perspective. :clap:

Hi Jill, well done on Personal :) Good thinking and a well put together shot & processing. Very effective and subtle.

Effort really works for me - the slight washed-out background adds to it and the composition is very strong with them running into the frame on a nice diagonal. All good! (y)

That's making my legs hurt just thinking of the effort involved.

Really like the composition

Artificial - I too wondered why it was artificial the fruit looks very real.
Personal - very personal indeed.
Effort - good composition. plenty of effort needed to run that route

Effort, well composed, and well spotted.

I'm sweating just watching them :)

Cheers.

Thanks Andy, another iPhone pic (y)

I like this; well composed with strong lines, clearly hot weather, and some obvious effort going on. Well seen (y)

Thanks Andrea, the iPhone comes in handy sometimes :)

I really like your Personal image, not to naughty perfectly taken. super image for the Effort theme, looks hard going and hot too. Nice lines too.

Thanks so much :D

My goodness, in that heat too. Nice composition Jill with the off-centre placement, horizon on thirds and perspective. :clap:

Thanks Carl :)

Certainly fits the theme Jill ...well spotted, I like the perspective ...plus it looks very dry and hot, definitely an Effort to run I would imagine.

Virtually no rain this year so everywhere is very dry. Glad you like it (y)

Hi Jill, well done on Personal :) Good thinking and a well put together shot & processing. Very effective and subtle.

Effort really works for me - the slight washed-out background adds to it and the composition is very strong with them running into the frame on a nice diagonal. All good! (y)

Blimey, no crit :p Personal was with my camera but Effort was the trusty iPhone. It allows some 'in your face' stuff without being obvious

That looks far too much like hard work to me Jill.
You've got all the right things in there. Leading lines, focal point on the third, horizon on the third.
You know you nailed it :)

Thanks Tim and, yes I did :p

That's making my legs hurt just thinking of the effort involved.

Really like the composition

Thanks Mark (y)

Well they're definitely putting in some effort!
It looks incredibly warm too.
I'd be looking for shade :D

Artificial - I like the mix of colours in the fruits. I actually don’t mind the white bowl against white background, but perhaps the whites are a little too glaring so I might tone it down a little. Or maybe it’s just my screen.

Personal - Ooh very bold photo. Great job! Wish I could see the whole tat, though, it’s beautiful! :)

Effort - Good take, nice photo. I like all the converging lines.

It's a double post this week as I fell by the wayside last week and nearly gave up - again!

The shot for Technology was the first idea that came into my head and though I tried out lots of others it was this idea I came back to. It's probably the very earliest version of a mobile phone, although, admittedly, it didn't have the range of modern equivalents and you couldn't conference call.

The shot for Horizontal is not my first choice idea but the one I wanted will take some setting up and quite frankly my dear I can't be *rsed this week

Hi Jill - wondered where you were with the posts. I love Technology - brings back childhood memories, so inventive and the funny part was that it worked! I like the duality of textures in Horizontal - nicely composed. :clap:

LOL great idea for technology, I remember "playing" with those, the early mobile phone (y)

quite frankly my dear I can't be *rsed this week
I can't wait till you can be arsed Jill, that's a really nice interpretation I can see that hanging on a wall :)

Back