weekly Bruja's 52 - 2017 AWOL and OUT

Excellent structure, quite disturbing I like it :)

thanks Allan, I nearly got yhe lego out again but thought Is have to put a NSFAH in the title and there wasn't room :D

That looks alien indeed. What is it? I like your composition with the densest part in the bottom right corner. Also well lit and very sharp.

Thanks brrnd. Glad you ike it. What do you think it is?

Certainly got Structure, lots of interest too. (y)

Animal, vegetable or mineral? I'd say veg but wouldn't make it one of my five a day.

I'm guessing it's a cactus leaf skeleton, no only joking.

View attachment 96340 IMG_2007.PNG
Certainly got Structure, lots of interest too. (y)

Animal, vegetable or mineral? I'd say veg but wouldn't make it one of my five a day.

I'm guessing it's a cactus leaf skeleton, no only joking.

:D

This does produce an edible fruit enjoyed in Spain. The higo chumbo but the little bugger is covered in vicious needles which hurt like hell if you 'forget' to wear gloves when picking them :eek:

ps not my pictures.

Last edited:
Yes, a very good abstract - something organic, roots of some sort I suppose? Excellent take Jill and like the result.

Yes, a very good abstract - something organic, roots of some sort I suppose? Excellent take Jill and like the result.

Thanks Carl. It's the internal skeleton of a cactus leaf.

Three years ago Spain suffered an epidemic of the cochineal beetle. They settle on the leaf and live on the juicy centre, laying eggs on the leaf and the larvae then feed on the leaf too. It has caused devastation of the higo chumbo crop.

I'm crap at guessing so I'd just like to say great choice and great image too. (y)

Hi Jill,

Mineral - I wasn't expecting a lego shot from you ;) Great detail and a fun shot.
Whole - Very creative :)
Structure - Intriguing... It certainly has plenty of structure and you spend time looking at it. Plant life of some kind definitely.

Good shot, I also would have guessed something plant based but would not have got exactly what it was. Somehow reminds me of an overhead shot of a river/fields.

Thanks Steve. i suppose that's the beauty of abstracts, they can be whatever you want them to be.

I'm crap at guessing so I'd just like to say great choice and great image too. (y)

Cheers Storm Trooper :D

Looks like an alien :)

Like it, I was after something similar but it didn't happen.

Nice detail and the greens work for me.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy (y)

Hi Jill,

Mineral - I wasn't expecting a lego shot from you ;) Great detail and a fun shot.
Whole - Very creative :)
Structure - Intriguing... It certainly has plenty of structure and you spend time looking at it. Plant life of some kind definitely.

Hi Tim, where've you been?

Glad you like them.

What can I say about the lego shot, I let my inner child borrow the camera :p

And it's the internal skeleton of a cactus leaf

Two very nice mono conversions, I'd go with #1 for the theme but #2 is a very good photo. You are rubbing it in with the sunglasses though :p

Hard to choose Jill.
#2 is a really nice portrait, works well in mono and is spot on for the theme.
#1 has lots of different points of interest in the shot.

They are both so different, that choosing between them isn't really possible.

Both work well for the theme, I agree that choosing between them is difficult as they are both so different

Hi Jill

Really liking your Structure shot, even though I have no idea what the hell it is! Great detail and love the lighting and textures too.

I like both for Routine, for different reasons as above but will say I prefer the second. Really like the second one though; the expression and conversion itself is really nice. Well done.

Thanks

Ian

Two great shots Jill, like the 1st as you have got the lady looking at you while the worker does her clean up Routine. My choice though is #2, what a great shot, lovely in mono and Mr B looks great in thee pose :plus1::plus1:

Ooh, thanks for those kind words Dave (y)

Two very nice mono conversions, I'd go with #1 for the theme but #2 is a very good photo. You are rubbing it in with the sunglasses though :p

What can I say... It was 20c and sunny :whistle:

And MrB scrubs up nicely for a 70 year old :D

Hard to choose Jill.
#2 is a really nice portrait, works well in mono and is spot on for the theme.
#1 has lots of different points of interest in the shot.

They are both so different, that choosing between them isn't really possible.

Thanks Tim, I couldn't choose either so I posted them both :D

What a great portrait of Mr B - looking very relaxed and nicely composed :)

Thank you Emma (y)

Both work well for the theme, I agree that choosing between them is difficult as they are both so different

Thanks Allan (y)

Hi Jill

Really liking your Structure shot, even though I have no idea what the hell it is! Great detail and love the lighting and textures too.

I like both for Routine, for different reasons as above but will say I prefer the second. Really like the second one though; the expression and conversion itself is really nice. Well done.

Thanks

Ian

Hi Ian, thanks for dropping in and thanks for those kind words. I appreciate it (y)

Both Routine shots are great, but I prefer the second one, less cluttered, simpler, cleaner. I feel slightly hypocritical after posting a 'busy' Routine shot myself.

Top portrait of top bloke (y)

The cafe scene is good as I do like street but, I don't know, too much detail, harsh light, awkward shadow, and that woman.:facepalm:

Top portrait of top bloke (y)

The cafe scene is good as I do like street but, I don't know, too much detail, harsh light, awkward shadow, and that woman.:facepalm:

He's my top bloke :kiss:

Yes, that woman frightened me too :shifty:

I like both Routine shots but love Mr. B pose and his cool, calm and collective look.

He's all of those (well one of us has to be :p)

Glad you love it (y)

Hi Jill

Just realised I've not visited your thread yet :eek: sorry!

You have some great images in there love the kewi shot for Hairy a nice siple image.

Routine both of those a great love the B&W conversions

Back