Cargo 2016 52 weeks challenge_ Effort Added

Hi Gaz

I love Dangerous - the gritty look and sense of imminency would be more than adequate to portray real danger... but actually it's a banana skin. Brilliant.

As for Topical, it does the job. I had consiered compiling shots of different news sources carrying the same story so my thoughts weren't far from yours.
Hi Gary ...it certainly fits the theme it just looks a bit 'spread out' I think a tighter composition would possibly work better.
As you say really Gary, not an exciting image, but exposure is good, nice even light and is topical, so ticks the main box (y)
Topical - well done for getting something that fits the theme.
Thanks all.I aprecite the time given to leave feedback. Fingers crossed I can come up with something a bit better next week.

Gaz

Dangerous - Liking the movement you captured and the banana is in focus too.

Topical - good image and like the composition as its not to tight or close, David looking at David ha-ha, good idea

Dangerous - Liking the movement you captured and the banana is in focus too.

Topical - good image and like the composition as its not to tight or close, David looking at David ha-ha, good idea
Hmmmmm David looking at David, Wish I were clever enough to have thought of that one :)

Thanks for stopping by.

Gaz

Love the banana for dangerous - great idea :)

Topical - i like the way the news papers sort of form a bg for the phone but are actually part of the image, i hope that makes sense :)

Camo - great idea and execution - very clever :)

Dangerous, liking the low down POV and interpretation

Topical - Nice sharp image and bang on theme !
Thanks John.
Love the banana for dangerous - great idea :)

Topical - i like the way the news papers sort of form a bg for the phone but are actually part of the image, i hope that makes sense :)
Yes makes perfect sense Ruth.
Thanks for stopping by.

Gaz

Living World

No inspiration this week either but gotta keep going managed to week 13 the first time around.

Gaz

Living_world_web.jpg

Me neither Gary - totally lost inspiration and motivation ... it happens. Nothing wrong with this one for Living World - beautiful macro with nice sharp details and shading. Square crop works really well too. Bravo. :clap:

That's rather a nice Macro shot Gary, the processing, suits it well (y)

Well captured and well processed, looks spot on for the theme to me.

wooo .... that's interesting, what kind of flower is it?

Me neither Gary - totally lost inspiration and motivation ... it happens. Nothing wrong with this one for Living World - beautiful macro with nice sharp details and shading. Square crop works really well too. Bravo. :clap:
Thanks Carl. Least were all going through the same feelings strange thing is some of the subjects you would think were going to be easy enough with plenty of ideas coming to mind turn out to be really difficult.
Lovely lovely image. Superb! :clapping:

I'd be over the moon with that!
Thanks Jeff. It was a bit of a surprise to be honest.
That's rather a nice Macro shot Gary, the processing, suits it well (y)
Cheers
Well captured and well processed, looks spot on for the theme to me.
Thanks Chris.
Lovely marco shot, great details and very sharp. Good use of the square crop.
Thanks very much Stan.

wooo .... that's interesting, what kind of flower is it?
Hi David. It's a Hellebore. They seem to look like something that should be on a coarl reef to me.

Gaz

Topical - I like how there's a mobile phone in the middle of all the papers - adds another dimension to the theme as it can be a comment on how reading the news on the mobile is the thing of today. I also like how you arranged the papers and composed the shot.

Living World - A really eye catching shot! I like the balance of highlights and shadows. :)

Living World....Loving that. One of my favourites for the week.

Thats a beaut Gary, super detail with that light and really liking the B&W conversion you have done :clap:
Cheers not my forte B&W really but you get lucky sometimes.
Topical - I like how there's a mobile phone in the middle of all the papers - adds another dimension to the theme as it can be a comment on how reading the news on the mobile is the thing of today. I also like how you arranged the papers and composed the shot.

Living World - A really eye catching shot! I like the balance of highlights and shadows. :)
Many thanks.
Excellent detail and really good B+W conversion excellent image
Thanks Alan.
Living World....Loving that. One of my favourites for the week.
Thanks Ruth. Thats great to know.

Gaz

Sorry thought I had commented on your pics already
Happy - fits theme and made me smile
Abandoned - well staged the person walking away really makes it work
Camouflage - clever idea and works well in b/w
Danger - I didn't get it at first then scrolled down to see the rest of the picture and it made me smile, fun twist on the theme.
Topical - I struggled with this theme too, It fits the theme though.
living world - Fantastic picture great detail, I expect it looks good in colour too.

Sorry thought I had commented on your pics already
Happy - fits theme and made me smile
Abandoned - well staged the person walking away really makes it work
Camouflage - clever idea and works well in b/w
Danger - I didn't get it at first then scrolled down to see the rest of the picture and it made me smile, fun twist on the theme.
Topical - I struggled with this theme too, It fits the theme though.
living world - Fantastic picture great detail, I expect it looks good in colour too.
Hi there. No worries unfortunatly there is too many threads to comment on everyones all the time so I tend to bob in now and again leaving comments through out the week.
Appreciate the feedback.
Yes agree with you topical was harder than the norm.
The lIving world is not so good at all in colour (Imo) I posted the unedited colour in the Macro section to get some feedback as this close up was a new thing to try.

Gaz

Spiky.
I have not looked at any other but again expect this to have been done as it was the second thing that came to mine and my wifes mind after a cactus plant.
My hair actually is spiky but there's not much of it and it's about 5mm high :)
So Blue peter style I made my own Mohican.

Gaz
Spikey_web_52.jpg

It's a nice idea on the silhouette but I think the edges on the spikes and the points inparticular are too straight and clean. There are some "hair" shaped brushes in Photoshop which might help make it look a little more natural, you could use it with the blur or erase tool playing with the opacity perhaps?

I'd also edit out the power cable in the sky personally.

I'm with t'other Chris, I'd certainly take out the wire, but other than that, I quite like the defined spikes, its very reminiscent of the punk era
Nicely done Gary (y)

It's a nice idea on the silhouette but I think the edges on the spikes and the points inparticular are too straight and clean. There are some "hair" shaped brushes in Photoshop which might help make it look a little more natural, you could use it with the blur or erase tool playing with the opacity perhaps?

I'd also edit out the power cable in the sky personally.
Hiya Chris. I get ya. I purposely didnt edit this other than a crop/darken shadows. It was always meant to be a suggestion of a mohican and a bit of fun. As you say it would have been very easy to remove the wires but I just didnt want too.I quite liked the shot as it was type of look.
It was a very quick job from cuting out the board (roughly I agree) to taking the snap right outside the backdoor 30 mins.
Thanks for stopping by :)
Gaz

I'm with t'other Chris, I'd certainly take out the wire, but other than that, I quite like the defined spikes, its very reminiscent of the punk era
Nicely done Gary (y)
Hiya
Yes I get ya if it was for anything special they would most likely have to be removed but for this post I thought they were fine ;-)

Gaz

Hiya
Yes I get ya if it was for anything special they would most likely have to be removed but for this post I thought they were fine ;-)

Gaz
But we are all "special" in here :D

Liking the Mohican, it's something that occurred to me too, but punks are a little in short supply these days (at least ones with hair).
It didn't occur to me to mock it up like that. Great idea and a very strong silohette going on there.
:clap:

Gary Hi, your Living World image is quite beautiful, delicate and powerful in equal measures, this could be easily mistaken for underwater coral. Stunning image.

Spiky, err yes fun and brilliant too.

Good fun image for Spiky Gary - great silhouette and like the pose.

Great idea Gary.
Like others, I'd remove the wire, but that's all.

Spiky - A nice silhouette fun take on the theme I can see what they mean by the wire (I would probably have left it in too)

Liking the Mohican, it's something that occurred to me too, but punks are a little in short supply these days (at least ones with hair).
It didn't occur to me to mock it up like that. Great idea and a very strong silohette going on there.
:clap:
ThanksTim.
Gary Hi, your Living World image is quite beautiful, delicate and powerful in equal measures, this could be easily mistaken for underwater coral. Stunning image.

Spiky, err yes fun and brilliant too.
Thanks Lee. Was a nice surprise that living world image turning out so well.
Good fun image for Spiky Gary - great silhouette and like the pose.
Thanks Carl.
Great idea Gary.
Like others, I'd remove the wire, but that's all.
Thansk Ruth :)
Super Hellibore Gary ....the focus is absolutely perfect ....I'd like to have seen the colour version too.

Love your Spiky pic ....we have those wires in front of our house too ....they're always just where you dont want them to be !
Thanks Susie
Re The wires. Yep they are a necassary evil around here :)
Spiky - A nice silhouette fun take on the theme I can see what they mean by the wire (I would probably have left it in too)
Cheers Minxy ;-)
Spiky, great idea and liking the laughing or it is growling. I'd prefer a cleaner BG.

Cheers,
Hi Andy not sure which it was but it looked better with a bit of attitude.

Gaz

Back