ChrisHeathcote is still alive - Serene added plus many others :)

Topical indeed, well lit, good DoF, I suppose from a photo point of view I would like the letters to sit perfectly but then again I suppose that's not natural, decisions, it works either way

Great idea Chris, works very well (y)

Have to say the tile alignment doesn't bother me, it is how a scrabble game would look and a good response to the theme.

Spot on focus Chris and the WB is perfect top get those vibrant colours. You could have scored higher with Benefits but you have to know your way round these things to take full advantage :clap:. Excellent.

Great idea Chris - that works so well! Good use of dof , too :)

Thanks Emma :)

Topical indeed, well lit, good DoF, I suppose from a photo point of view I would like the letters to sit perfectly but then again I suppose that's not natural, decisions, it works either way

Thanks Allan, I tried another with the letters perfectly lined up, but it seemed too staged

Topical - well presented, nicely lit, good DOF and well done for getting ahead of the game.

Thanks Mandy

Controversial Chris :)
There appears to be a little vignetting in the corners. I think I would have either removed it, or increased it to frame the shot.

I forgot, politics weren't allowed in the forum ;) I think I get your point with the vignetting, I think it is down to the lighting fall off. (y)

Great idea Chris, works very well (y)

Thanks Chris

On theme, a little dark, and I'd like the tiles to be perfectly aligned :)

Cheers.

Thanks for the feedback Andy (y)

Have to say the tile alignment doesn't bother me, it is how a scrabble game would look and a good response to the theme.

Cheers Chris (great name by the way ;) )

Spot on focus Chris and the WB is perfect top get those vibrant colours. You could have scored higher with Benefits but you have to know your way round these things to take full advantage :clap:. Excellent.

Thanks Carl, I never could get my head round the scoring, it's always the multiples words with a couple of tiles that caught me out :)

Damn you Heathcote.....Scrabble is another of my "go to" ideas when I hate a theme.
Banging focus on this one. Love it.

Just LOVE your lioness 'Happy' image Chris, such a great pose to catch (y)

Topical - Ahhhhh good ole Scrabble, I always like these shots, good choice of words, liking the angle and topical indeed (y)

Thanks Dean, I managed to get quote a few of the lioness. It was one of those rare moments when she happened to be lying in the right spot, facing the right direction and the light was great :)

Good choice with your Scrabble shot Chris ....it's nice to see a proper board ...I play online. Focusing is spot on, and the words are all well chosen for the theme.

Thanks Susie, I've not played in years. I'm thinking I may have to start again :)

You have been busy nice to see your son very happy walking his best friend
Abandoned nice low down shot the look on the dog says it all
Camouflage great shot lovely animal and he seems quite happy an content in the shade
Danger No1 nice picture they have no fear what’s so ever
Happy Lion very nice lovely Dof nice colours and once again a lovely animal.
Topical very clever and well executed (y)

Hi Chris - that's a top shot for Topical. Really well done. I like the composition, your choice of DOF and the overall processing. I might be tempted to lift it by half a stop or so, but that aside it's pretty much perfect as is. A good use of scrabble to extricate yourself from an otherwise difficult theme week! Great job...

Happy - Lovely Shot
Abandoned - Awe cute
Camouflage - A fantastic shot could work for Happy too
Danger - I like the upside down one best it the second one would be better if he was facing the camera
Happy - He does indeed look contented
Topical - well thought and good shot

Hi Chris, I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get around to your thread after you visited mine last month. I've almost caught up now and am trying to get around to everyone else's threads now :)

Favourites for me so far are these:
Captive - beautiful light and you definitely achieved your aim of something atmospheric.
Miniature - lovely warm colours, and you've done really well to capture that straight OOC. Of the two, I prefer the one on the reflective surface as you get a double dose of those warm liquid tones.
Happy - I love the low perspective and sense of the puppy straining towards you, and that is certainly a happy and proud lad at the other end of the lead :)
Camouflage - good choice for this theme, and what a magnificent animal. Love the expression; basking in the warm light looking very contented and calm.
Topical - clever idea, and a perfect choice of words for the theme. Good use of DOF too.

I hope you'll be continuing with your 52 as I notice you haven't posted for a while, and I look forward to seeing some more from you.

Hi everyone, thanks for all the kind replies. As I has been noted, I haven't been about for a while, however back now and on a mission to catch up (seems familiar :) ) Anyway, I will try and get round and see what others have been posting and also post some more of mine (y)

Topical - well thought and good shot and the lighting is well controlled too.

OK - so its been a while since I've ben on TP and had pretty much given up for this year, however with a bit of a push and going through my recent photos with an open mind I thought what the hell. So here are a few from the (many) missing weeks.

Week 19 Colourful - Whilst walking by the brightness of the kayaks caught me eye, so I thought I'd use a but of SC to highlight the point (although the original and colourful in itself)
untitled shoot August 06, 2016-8837_.jpg by Chris Heathcote, on Flickr

Found the right place, I like all your photos nice and colourful. I do like the Serene photo, calm peaceful and dreamy, perfect.

Damn... he's back, hey Chris :wave:

Well, adding your images to the sheet you are up to the same amount of themes (15) as you submitted in 2015 - of your catch up pics I like the PP on the cove image, and the great 'life' natural setting :)

Are you back then... or just bored :D

Damn... he's back, hey Chris :wave:

Well, adding your images to the sheet you are up to the same amount of themes (15) as you submitted in 2015 - of your catch up pics I like the PP on the cove image, and the great 'life' natural setting :)

Are you back then... or just bored :D
Thanks Dean, out of curiosity which Cove image?

Hopefully back as the holiday is ignited a bit of the passion. However it may not be a regimented image a week and a few may be shoehorns/re-edit. Good to know I'll be improving on last year :D

Woohooo, thought you'd gone again!

Love the Forgotten picture, looks very Victorian.

Life - is what holidays are all about

Stone was well rescued from the bin

Hidden looks like a great place to spend some time.

Well done on the catch up :clap:

Hi there Chris

Stone is a stonker ... great texture, very powerful. (y)

and Hidden is a pleasing image ... if a bit wonky (or is it just me!).

Woohooo, thought you'd gone again!

Love the Forgotten picture, looks very Victorian.

Life - is what holidays are all about

Stone was well rescued from the bin

Hidden looks like a great place to spend some time.

Well done on the catch up :clap:

Thank you, it was a lovely place to chill out with a drink (y)

Hi there Chris

Stone is a stonker ... great texture, very powerful. (y)

and Hidden is a pleasing image ... if a bit wonky (or is it just me!).

Thanks, glad you like it, and Hidden might need a little tweak, not sure though (y)

Thanks Dean, out of curiosity which Cove image?
Your forgotten image mate :)

Hopefully back as the holiday is ignited a bit of the passion. However it may not be a regimented image a week and a few may be shoehorns/re-edit. Good to know I'll be improving on last year :D
Cool... but to be honest, beating last year is hardly difficult :LOL:

Welcome back Chris Nice catch up too (y)

The crashing waves (stone) is my favourite.

Back