Clives 52 in 2019 Thread Almost there!

Good image, definitely makes me feel cold. I'll second the comments about the sun, but I do like the bright look through the mist. The processing adds to the cold feel with the hint of blue.

It certainly does look cold, works for me :)

A triple whammy of great images Clive.

Waiting: I really like the simplicity of this image. Good use of the sloping beach as a diagonal and the pose of the waiting fisherman says it all....great story.

Rough: Interesting and compelling if a somewhat sad image. It's a well composed shot with good use of reflections, and the story it portrays speaks for itself.

Object: Beautiful deep, rich colours....I'm guessing you were around golden hour judging by the lengths of the shadows?
Fantastic detail throughout the frame, and the subject is amazing. A very well taken image.

Nice work Clive!(y)

Hi Clive,

Waiting - Quite a range of luminance you've captured there from dark to blown, but it does work.
I would perhaps like to see a bit more detail in the chap himself, but not sure how easy that would be to do.

Rough - Definitely highlights the differences between the haves and have nots in society, though is that a charity shop as the range of objects in the window is quite varied.

Object - The Mad Hatter eh? Are there other characters there too?
Interesting, where is it?

A triple whammy of great images Clive.

Waiting: I really like the simplicity of this image. Good use of the sloping beach as a diagonal and the pose of the waiting fisherman says it all....great story.

Rough: Interesting and compelling if a somewhat sad image. It's a well composed shot with good use of reflections, and the story it portrays speaks for itself.

Object: Beautiful deep, rich colours....I'm guessing you were around golden hour judging by the lengths of the shadows?
Fantastic detail throughout the frame, and the subject is amazing. A very well taken image.

Nice work Clive!(y)
Thanks Gareth

Hi Clive,

Waiting - Quite a range of luminance you've captured there from dark to blown, but it does work.
I would perhaps like to see a bit more detail in the chap himself, but not sure how easy that would be to do.

Rough - Definitely highlights the differences between the haves and have nots in society, though is that a charity shop as the range of objects in the window is quite varied.

Object - The Mad Hatter eh? Are there other characters there too?
Interesting, where is it?
Thanks LC2, so hard taking pictures of the sea with the sun on it, and the guy fishing was almost a silhouette.

Three good shots there Well done on catching up.

Well done for getting some detail in the fisherman in Waiting. With that bright light I'm surprised it's not a complete silhouette.

Object: Lovely take on the theme, with some great lighting and the colour tones are spot on and bring out the detail well in the mad hatter.

Wet: Nice abstract image with just enough focus on the wet outside world to show what is there. Like how the rain is falling down the window.

I really like you photo for Wet. As others have said, a good abstract with just enough detail to see the world beyond. I keep wanting to see shapes in the water on the window.

Well done for catching up! Some good shots there, I particularly like the fisherman at the beach and wet.

Waiting - nice image. Well taken. I've waited many times for the bite that never happened (carp fishing)

Rough - a good image that tells it's own sad story

Object - nice use of foreign language there :) I like it but would have prefered to see the full table in the image too

Wet - I really fancied doing something similar myself but never got round to it. Nice abstract, colourful image

Hi Clive

Catching up with Comments

Waiting, nice composition on the image, there's a bit of glare from the sun reflecting, a bit of Haze adjustment if you have it in your PP software might help.

Rough, Sign of the times, I like the reflections in the window better than the theme part of the image.

Object, I think you could lose a lot of the table without noticing. a Nice Object.

Wet, another wet window image, it works but not the best. Maybe focus on the outside items would have been better?

Pete

Wow! Immensely impressive catch-up Clive!:clap:
Free: both are great, but the first image does it for me....perfect framing!
Entrance: very nice, on theme image....is it a tiny bit off level, or is it the perspective? Still a cracking image, and entrances don't get more grand than that!
Young: lovely portrait! Super colours and her expression is what makes this image great....wonderful!
Food: nicely shot image, full of colour and detail....not a sushi fan myself, but I can appreciate it photographically speaking....nice reflection in the back of the lid too!
Smooth: great close up! Love the colours and textures on the top of the smoothie....nicely composed shot.
Above: all very impressive images, I personally have a soft spot for the more abstract, geometrical architecture, so my pick is #1 - love those lines and the angle is very interesting and different. The image you posted is fab too....great, rich colours!
Hot: very creative interpretation of the theme with terrific reflections, and SOOC too?..impressive.
Well done on the mega catch-up Clive, excellent work!(y)

Blimey Clive, you have been busy catching up!
Free - that first one is brilliant. Composed perfectly. Well spotted
Entrance - I like this too. Lots of detail in the building and nicely contrasted by the people too
Young - nicely done. Very pretty young lady and nice background to the image. Like it
Smooth - that looks lovely. I like the vibrant colour to it and just enough dof to throw most of the background out to emphasise the smoothie
Above - all images work very well, I think the last is my favourite
Hot - Shoehorny but still a lovely image. Great reflections and detail

That is what I would call a catch up!! Congrats!!
I can't really add to what Gareth and Ian have said but the one of the Tate is just superb. The wide angle, the pov and the little people with all that brickwork.
And the reflection shot is a beaut, too!!

Back