weekly Cloudforest's 52 for 2021 Week 7 Film

I really like the minimalist nature of your latest image, the greys and whites of the stones are lovely and the use of pure white background is brilliant. Really well done, this is my image of the week I think.
Cheers Jim, that's much appreciated.

Nice image, made me think of a paw print. The lighting at the top right reduces the detail of the adjacent rock, possibly increasing the contrast would enhance it
Thanks Stuart. I used a separate light on the background mainly to key out the back row a bit

Well controlled lighting and DoF, and a lovely composition. Very nice!
thanks Alex

Really nice composition and lighting. Could be B&W, could be colour. I like that kind of image.
Cheers Ian.

rock works really well, nice detail in the front dominant one and nice depth of field work leading to the background rocks / stones, also the white veins running through them gives a pleasant contrast too.
Thanks Paul.

I rather like #1 - #2 might look good as a contrasty mono shot?

Snapper's Choice #1 'marmite' ... I like it. And a letterbox crop might work well, minus the wheel mark, half drain cover, half snow.

Last edited:
Tall
A good wintery scene. I like the composition.

Choice
#1 for me.

Tall
It certainly towers over everything, I always wonder about such extensive, intricate buildings were created in years past for places of worship, I'm assuming they benefitted from a lot of wealthy benefactors

Snappers Choice
I've noticed a few of the drain covers with no snow whilst it all around, assuming it related to the metal temperature stopping the snow lying

I rather like #1 - #2 might look good as a contrasty mono shot?
Thanks Helen, I might give the second one a try in mono.

Tall; a classic winter scene. Sunny winter day with snow on the ground and blue sky. The low angle of view really emphasises the tower

Snapper's Choice; #1 for the simplicity with lack of any colour and the abstract geometry.
Thanks Stan.

#1 works better for me, I do like the way there are so many different lines in the picture.
Thanks Steve.

I rather like the abstract nature of #1 - possibly lacking a little contrast?

Tall is lovely - what's not to like?!
Thanks Alex.

Snapper's Choice #1 'marmite' ... I like it. And a letterbox crop might work well, minus the wheel mark, half drain cover, half snow.
Thanks David, I'll give that crop a try.

Tall
A good wintery scene. I like the composition.

Choice
#1 for me.
Thanks Dominic

Tall
It certainly towers over everything, I always wonder about such extensive, intricate buildings were created in years past for places of worship, I'm assuming they benefitted from a lot of wealthy benefactors

Snappers Choice
I've noticed a few of the drain covers with no snow whilst it all around, assuming it related to the metal temperature stopping the snow lying
Cheers Stuart

Nice, I wasn't sure initially about how you included the back/label of the jeans but on thinking about it I can see how it may have been a bit plain/square with just the front of the jeans.

I like it! I'm all for using props like a pair of jeans. I'm not sure the selfie reflection works on this occasion. ;)

Nice, I wasn't sure initially about how you included the back/label of the jeans but on thinking about it I can see how it may have been a bit plain/square with just the front of the jeans.
Thanks Steve. The label is square with the front. It looks a bit odd because the jeans are not pulled particularly straight.

I like it! I'm all for using props like a pair of jeans. I'm not sure the selfie reflection works on this occasion. ;)
Cheers David. I have to admit I didn't notice the selfie until after I posted it. I was too busy concentrating on avoiding the dust sopts that seemed to cover the phone!

Another good pair for the age we are in. Nothing to complain about.

Pete
Thanks Pete

I did think twice about the inclusion of the label, I can remember critiques from camera club competitions where the judge has commented having words on the image makes you want to read it, taking away your focus.

Pair
It works for me, I don't have a problem with the label, the unintentional selfie is a bit of a shame, but no biggy. Overall pretty well done.

I did think twice about the inclusion of the label, I can remember critiques from camera club competitions where the judge has commented having words on the image makes you want to read it, taking away your focus.
An interesting observation from the judge Stuart. I never thought about that.

Pair
It works for me, I don't have a problem with the label, the unintentional selfie is a bit of a shame, but no biggy. Overall pretty well done.
Thanks Dominic.

I don't think the film was a rear window of a car but have to say I got it straight away, good interpretation.

Great idea for the film. I'm doing well on the guessing front so far :)

Very clever and a nice image too, good tones and lighting.

Nice. Never thought I'd see such a fab image of a rear window.

No idea what film that's supposed to be.

Film
I think you've picked the right sort of window (darkly tinted).

Film title
Managed to guess it, probably because I couldn't think of anything else that would fit. Nice pleasing image with great tones.

Back