weekly Cobra's 2020 cataclysmic catastrophes Week 52 decorate and done!

I'm so used to seeing full sized plants, that I find it hard to imagine that these can be real
Thanks Dom, :)
Its amazing the detail that opens up once you get up close and personal with anything, including tiny flowers.

Week 25 Snappers + B&W

And that was the last I saw of him!

015.jpg

Last edited:
Gob shot. Let's hope Harry has a brother, otherwise, you're going to struggle for the rest of the 52.

Gob shot. Let's hope Harry has a brother, otherwise, you're going to struggle for the rest of the 52.
Cheers Dom, (y) I'm hoping that once the croc gets a taste, rather like Jonah and the whale, he will be regurgitated

:D

The B&W treatment suits this rather sinister shot.... goodbye Harry :crying:
Thanks Bee, that was the "look" I was aiming for (y)
Don't worry he'll get spat out soon enough :D

A good fun shot for Snapper's :D

Like it, and the mono PP works well. I'd be a bit concerned about the wildlife in my pond if I were you!

A good fun shot for Snapper's :D
Thanks Dave :)

Like it, and the mono PP works well. I'd be a bit concerned about the wildlife in my pond if I were you!
Cheers Jim, there are all sorts lurking in there, and that's just the top veggie filter, god knows what's in the main pond :D

Nice couple of shots - bonsai for me for small (but tend to agree about the background).

And poor Harry... Nice shot of him though - works well in B&W, and I hope he's not too digestible!

Made me think of Captain Hook, and like in the story its going to haunt you forever, every time you pass it your going to hear that little Minion

Hehe, excellent shot. Poor Harry...
B&W works, I think it might have been a bit busy in colour.
Thanks Tim and yes it is ;)

Nice couple of shots - bonsai for me for small (but tend to agree about the background).
And poor Harry... Nice shot of him though - works well in B&W, and I hope he's not too digestible!
Thanks Alex, I'm sure he'll return before too long, out of one end or the other :D

Made me think of Captain Hook, and like in the story its going to haunt you forever, every time you pass it your going to hear that little Minion
:LOL:
Thanks for stopping by Allan :)

Nice idea Mr Cobra, I hope you get him back
I may have to re-name him Arnie, as it appears this week, "He'll be back" :D

Poor old Harry, thought you might of tried saving him
He big enough and old enough to look after his self, he gets in the scrapes. He can get himself out of them (y)

.... Pest control experts

Ladybird larvae. all they do is eat until its time to pupate ...

(week 26 mother nature)

062.jpg

And that is what this one is doing.
Note the way its glued its arse to the underside of a leaf, for shelter and protection while the
whole natures soup thing is taking place.

060.jpg

As for the miscreant it seems he's become one with nature since his brush with the Crocamagator recently

085.jpg

Reactions: rpn
Amazing things insects that whole process is beyond belief, two nice images. I am beginning to worry about you and Harry
@LC2 won't like them all, but now I've made him look (y)

I just learned something new about Ladybirds! Great shots, very detailed and a good find.

Wow that is stunning. This is why I love macro and close up work - it really does show the wonders of nature. It is truly ugly though :ROFLMAO:

Harry by contrast is looking beautiful and summery. Is that a sprig of mint he'd holding ready for your tea?

Great close ups of things that we may well never notice around us (not the yellow one, of course;) ).

Amazing things insects that whole process is beyond belief, two nice images. I am beginning to worry about you and Harry
@LC2 won't like them all, but now I've made him look (y)
Thanks Allan (y) and :LOL: at the @LC2 tag
( Ooops I did it now :D )

I just learned something new about Ladybirds! Great shots, very detailed and a good find.
Thanks Graham, I have honeysuckle plants that get slaughtered ever year by Aphids Ladybirds and their Larvae love Aphids, as do Hoverfly Larvae
So at any given time there is usually something happening in there, its just a matter of looking through (y)

Wow that is stunning. This is why I love macro and close up work - it really does show the wonders of nature. It is truly ugly though :ROFLMAO:
Harry by contrast is looking beautiful and summery. Is that a sprig of mint he'd holding ready for your tea?
Thanks Bee, I've gotten into Macro more since the lock down, ( no Zoo's, although that changing now)
Tea? errr no thanks, horrible stuff but it did find its way into a Pimms a bit later (y)
Great close ups of things that we may well never notice around us (not the yellow one, of course;) ).
Its amazing what you can find when you look :) Thanks For commenting Jim (y) As for the yellow thing he does like to get into the thick of things at times :D

I would've never known such UGLY larvae would turn into a beautiful Ladybird. Such amazing close-up details. Can't say much about Wee Harry but love his mischief every week.
Mother nature certainly has a plan, what ever that may be :)
Thanks for dropping by Stan :) And I'm sure Harry will be dropping by most weeks too ( Sorry :D )
Hah! it worked. I'm still not commenting on bugs though :)
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Last edited:
You're getting good at this macro stuff! They really are ugly spikey little critters. Great detail you have captured, how big are they?
As for H, it's good to see he survived his Steve Irwin replacement audition.

Small: Great image of the Bonsai tree some lovely detail and texture.

Snappers Choice: Great B&W looks like Harry is in trouble!

Mother Nature: Great shots of the insects amazing detail.

Ugly critter and it turns out to a beautiful Ladybird.
Cheers Dave, and even uglier than the ugly duckling in that story eh?

You're getting good at this macro stuff! They really are ugly spikey little critters. Great detail you have captured, how big are they?
As for H, it's good to see he survived his Steve Irwin replacement audition.
Thanks for the kind comments Clive
the bugs are about 5mm ( about a 1/4 inch in old money)
And :LOL: at the Steve Irwin comment

Small: Great image of the Bonsai tree some lovely detail and texture.
Snappers Choice: Great B&W looks like Harry is in trouble!
Mother Nature: Great shots of the insects amazing detail.
Thanks for all the kind comments Mark :)

Wonderful detail.. they can eat my aphids any time :LOL:
Harry looks a little more chilled than last week - reminiscent of a child of the '60s.

The ladybird larva is a very nice pic Chris.

Glad to see Harry escaped last week's encounter. I like the buttercup garland.

Back