weekly Cobra's Shameless shoehorns for 2017 Catch up weeks 4,5&6

Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
Well here we are again, and nearly ready for the off!

I have made an early new years resolution ( or 3) regarding the 52 for this coming year.
1) I will play by the rules this time.
2) No more shoe horning.
3) No more gob shots, or indeed other animal "parts".

Although just to add, every new years resolution I have ever made in the past, is like a Cinderella story,
it all goes tits up as the clock strikes 12 :D

I suppose I'd better get something on the board so I can at claim my rightful position on the wall of shame ...

The Lion sleeps tonight ... yep far too predictable ...

129A0257a.jpg

So how about Helen reddy's I am woman (hear me roar) ...

( Gob shot #1)

IMG_6629.jpg

Last edited:
Two good photos but I reallylike #2, great light and rich colours.

You could ahve done Funky Gibbon though :D

I do like the first one more as he seems to just want a snooze,
Yeah for 22-23 hours a day ... what a life eh Dave?

#1, for me, crop might be in order.

Welcome back :)

Cheers.
Cheers Andy, I'll take a bit off in a bit, and see what that look like.

Two good photos but I reallylike #2, great light and rich colours. You could ahve done Funky Gibbon though :D
Funky Gibbon? I'm sure I have one of those somewhere Chris :D

No: 2 for me, although there is an ass that is really spoiling the composition (in the photo not behind the camera),
Well recovered Dean :p
TBH I couldn't be arsed [sic] to clone it out :D

No
but hey that's not the idea of your images... lovely light and a cracking gobshot to start the year off (y)
Cheers Mate .

No: 2 for me, although there is an ass that is really spoiling the composition (in the photo not behind the camera), but hey that's not the idea of your images... lovely light and a cracking gobshot to start the year off (y)
I thought you meant Donkey as in ass, I've been seaching for a donkey:coat:

First, glad to see your posts:)

I think I'd go for the first one as I think that lioness is about to attack, not a too friendly cat.(y)

Two good pictures and hardly a shoehorn in sight, although a small amount of gobshot is visible!
Cheers Clive :)
Promise to try harder next time :D

Yes, #2 definitely Mr.C. - like the DoF and clarity topped off by being a gob shot.

Haha Chris.
I prefer the Lion Sleeps Tonight, but the gob shot is more you ;)
You do realise you're not allowed to drop out, someone needs to keep me honest in my quest to shoe horn >50% of my images...

True to form with you Cobra, sneaking in a gob shot, just when you thought I wasn't looking lol, two very good images but the second one for me composition wise.
Of course Mandy, It'd be rude not to "open" with a gob shot :D

Sleepy lion for me Chris ....they do have a lovely laid back ambling way of life don't they.
Its a tough life being a feline isn't it Susie? :D

Thanks for dropping by guys :)

You do realise you're not allowed to drop out, someone needs to keep me honest in my quest to shoe horn >50% of my images...
I managed around 72% last year, that'll give you something to aim for Tim :D

#2 has the better composition in my opinion. But don't lions sleep basically all the time?

I hope we don't have too many similar shots as I don't want to bore people with the YWP. (y)

I hope we don't have too many similar shots as I don't want to bore people with the YWP. (y)
I managed to get a lot of people "shoehorning" last year, perhaps between us we can get them "Gob shotting" :D

What a handsome sleepy fellow he is - I like the action in the second as well.
Thanks Emma
I've already been accused of shoehorning this year...must be your fault for sure
Excellent (y)
Don't take any crap, point 'em in my direction I'll speak to them :D

Song Title - I like the first one best, too much back of the lion in the 2nd one

And a quick catch up ( No need to comment guys :) )

Week 1
Despite the weather, a quick trip to the zoo was in Order

129A1366
by Chris, on Flickr

Week 2
Right back into my Comfort zone, and the Red Panda seemed Comfortable enough with the inclement weather :)

129A1356
by Chris, on Flickr

Back