weekly Daniel_Paul's 2018 52'er - Week Twelve Juxtaposition ADDED

Name
Daniel
Edit My Images
No
So I thought I would give this a go, I was part of something similar last year when I took part in the Art of Photography Photo Challenges but it sort of died off.

I like the thought of going out and challenging myself more with my camera and challenges like this are perfect (as long as life doesnt get in the way!) so I will attempt to keep up as best I can.

I will be using a mix really of my Nikon D3300 and my Samsung S8. Although only a smartphone I am constantly impressed with the quality it will produce (and it's sometimes easier to whip that out than my camera!).

Cheers

Welcome to the 52s Daniel. I'm sure you enjoy the challenges. Nice shot of the beach, the low POV really makes it stand out, nice clouds too. Glad someone has got some sunshine:)

Welcome to the 52s Daniel. I'm sure you enjoy the challenges. Nice shot of the beach, the low POV really makes it stand out, nice clouds too. Glad someone has got some sunshine:)

Thanks John! I know, I couldn't believe the blue sky either to be honest! It only lasted an hour or 2!

Works for me Sir, great idea & shot.(y)

George/

Last edited:
Very nice, lovely tones in the shingle, the path leading into the distance, shallow DoF and good sky, what's not to like (y)

Works for me Sir, great idea & shot.(y)

George/

Thanks George!

Very nice, lovely tones in the shingle, the path leading into the distance, shallow DoF and good sky, what's not to like (y)

Yeah it was the path that caught my eye walking past and seemed to work well!

Bloody lovely. So simple, but so effective, good work.

Thank you! (y)

Nice artsy shot. Which that sky it could almost be summer !

I know, amazing what an hour or two of blue sky will do!

lovely neutral tones, lovely shot

Thank you!

Welcome and good luck in your 2018 52 challenge.

week 0 - round your area, oh my if that is taken on a mobile phone, when I get my S8 I won't be disappointed, a great shot for the theme, a cracking start with this image.

No you certainly won't be, it really is a fantastic camera for a phone :)

Such a great image to start your 52 with Daniel love the muted tones and that sky is just perfect.

Great shot and love the DOF. I seem to recall seeing that strange blue colour in the sky at some point in the distant past.

I like the point of view you've shot this from and the DoF used, nice work

Such a great image to start your 52 with Daniel love the muted tones and that sky is just perfect.

Great shot and love the DOF. I seem to recall seeing that strange blue colour in the sky at some point in the distant past.

I like the point of view you've shot this from and the DoF used, nice work

Welcome to the 52, Daniel, and you're off to a good start with that one. The low POV works really well with all that foreground detail and the path and stones leading away towards the sky. Looking forward to seeing more of your images (y)

Welcome, Daniel. A very nice shot to start your project. Low angle, sharp focus foreground and shallow dof.

Thank you all!!

Hi Daniel and welcome

Cool interpretation very nicely done (y) .... looking forward to more.

Hi Daniel,

Great Start, I like the low pov and the colours in the stones are lovely. They look wet, was this from the rain or the sea?

Gate-2123 by Daniel Paul, on Flickr

Untitled by Daniel Paul, on Flickr

Gate-2122 by Daniel Paul, on Flickr

Gate-2147 by Daniel Paul, on Flickr

I've taken the plunge and started a vlog this year, it's something I've always thought about doing, I've taken a lot of inspiration from other photographers on Youtube in the past and with it being a new year and all that I thought why not film what I am taking pictures of for these weekly assignments. I'm not sure how long it will last but here is the first one!

I think I agree with your choice for the main thread, I like the composition and DoF you used.
I quite like the idea in #2, but personally wouldn't have included the hand (but that's just me).
Quite like the idea of doing the vlog. I don't think I recall anyone else doing that for the 52. Good luck with keeping it up.

I think I agree with your choice for the main thread, I like the composition and DoF you used.
I quite like the idea in #2, but personally wouldn't have included the hand (but that's just me).
Quite like the idea of doing the vlog. I don't think I recall anyone else doing that for the 52. Good luck with keeping it up.

Yeah I think it was the only one that really captured what I wanted out of the trip! Hopefully I can keep it up but we will see, it' a long time!

Gate(d) - a nice set of images, but I much prefer the composition of your first image.

Yeah I think the first one works better!

I'm quite taken with #3 but I think i#1 probably just edges it for the theme.

I found this quite a challenge to find a good composition and on theme so I think the first one works well for that reason!

Interesting idea doing a video, that’s definitely a first here, as for the images I think I agree the first one, though I do kind of like the idea of the the second one though I don’t think it has quite worked as well as it could of

Blimey, Thanks for the video but it's 10 mins too long. :exit:

I think #1 is the one. #2 has mileage. #3 nice lone skeletal tree not sure the OOF FG adds.

Good work (y)

Is that the leaning windmill of West Sussex:)

Looks better Straight.

Pete

Noted ;)

Interesting idea doing a video, that’s definitely a first here, as for the images I think I agree the first one, though I do kind of like the idea of the the second one though I don’t think it has quite worked as well as it could of

Yeah I don't think it worked as well as I hope it would in the end!

Blimey, Thanks for the video but it's 10 mins too long. :exit:

I think #1 is the one. #2 has mileage. #3 nice lone skeletal tree not sure the OOF FG adds.

Good work (y)

Also noted.... ;)

Thanks all for the feedback!

#1 for the photo of a gate! The video should be snappier in my opinion, but great effort, keep it up :)

I like your main image best the gate is front of stage but the mill gives added interest.

First one for me Daniel I prefer the 2 poeple being in front of the 2 bollards and you can see more of their faces.

Really like the inclusion of the mureal, the B&W conversion works really well too

Back