weekly : Dave70D 52 for 2017 Week 52 WEATHER COMPLETED

Getting stoned won't help*
Hang in there David, I'm sure things will improve :)

*Well actually it might :D

Tough times David - fingers crossed for your Mum's early recovery - keep with it. Whole load of stone ... why not, fits the theme I say.

Tough indeed, wishing your Mum well and good on ya' for getting something in this week, nothing wrong with that at all, stick in there.

Well done for submitting anything at all while your mother is still ill. Fits the theme.

PABD.

Hope your mum recovers soon.

Cheers.

Hope your mum is soon feeling better David, it must be a very stressful time for you. This may be a PABD, but I think the dof is just shallow enough to add interest.

I like the patches of light near the back of the image.

Hope your mum gets better soon, sometimes we just have to try and get a shot up and get on with the more important things in life.

Hi Dave.

Hmm, light bulbs. Having just change my main beam (by mistake) and then correctly changed the HID Dip beam, I'm not sure I want to see bulb shots... Nice bit of Macro enlargement.
I think I prefer the pumice for the sharply captured texture.

Whole - Well done for getting a shot in while you're probably not feeling like wanting to bother.
Best wishes for your Mum's recovery.

Hope your mum recovers son. At least you found some time to get a shot done. (y)

Thank you all very much folks for the lovely best wishes for Mum, it has been a Crazy but great day today :)

Nice framing of the Pavilion David but prefer #2 with the three structures and the lady togger in red.

Second one for me too, the trees in the first one distract, have you thought of carrying a chain saw round with you

Again for me it's no2. The things for me in no 1 is the trees are very much in the way as I think it would be better from lower down so as to not cut off the top of the tower also it needs a slight counter clockwise rotation.

As for no 2, in contrast to Carl, the lady in red is neither in or out of the image, to make her part of it she needs to be further into the scene maybe a couple of steps to the left would have brought her in better, alternatively move closer to the railings and cut her and the people on the beach out.

On the positives, you have caught the colours well without blowing any of the details (challenging on such a bright day) looking forward to seeing more (y)

Nice framing of the Pavilion David but prefer #2 with the three structures and the lady togger in red.

Second one for me too, the trees in the first one distract, have you thought of carrying a chain saw round with you

Again for me it's no2. The things for me in no 1 is the trees are very much in the way as I think it would be better from lower down so as to not cut off the top of the tower also it needs a slight counter clockwise rotation.

As for no 2, in contrast to Carl, the lady in red is neither in or out of the image, to make her part of it she needs to be further into the scene maybe a couple of steps to the left would have brought her in better, alternatively move closer to the railings and cut her and the people on the beach out.

On the positives, you have caught the colours well without blowing any of the details (challenging on such a bright day) looking forward to seeing more (y)

Thanks folks for the CC, Allan I would have to move to Texas if I carried a chainsaw about :)

The second one for me too, maybe with the lady in red a tiny bit further from the edge.

I think I'd go for the second too, the railing and the old pier really convey a sense of structure (y)

i like the original framing in both David - I've seen a lot of shots of Brighton, but neither quite like this.
I think the first is just spoiled by the cutting off of the tower - a slightly lower pov would have nailed it.
The light doesn't look ideal in the second, but the balustrade leads nicely through the shot and i quite like the position of the lady in red - the piers remain the focus, but she adds a little something :)

i like the original framing in both David - I've seen a lot of shots of Brighton, but neither quite like this.
I think the first is just spoiled by the cutting off of the tower - a slightly lower pov would have nailed it.
The light doesn't look ideal in the second, but the balustrade leads nicely through the shot and i quite like the position of the lady in red - the piers remain the focus, but she adds a little something :)

Thank you Emma for the nice words :) Don`t know why I did not take the pavilion shot lower :banghead:

Structure - The second image for me as well, I do find the trees in the first image distracting.

Thank you too Mandy :)

#1 is a cracker ... different Structures and the skeleton trees look great.

#2 different pov on the pavilions with most unusual FG railings inc.

(y)

Lady in red is an image of her own surely ?

Second is better as others have said, the first is cluttered and cuts the pointy bit off.

Lady in red is an image of her own surely ?

Second is better as others have said, the first is cluttered and cuts the pointy bit off.

The second shot is more theme fitting but I found the girl on the left a bit distracting and can be easily cloned out.

Thank you guys, I thought I`d leave lady in Red in just to see, and thanks for the feedback :)

I too prefer number two Dave. As has already been said, I 'd like to see the lady in red a little further in but I think she might have taken umbrage if you started directing her. Interesting to see all 3 structures in one image.

I too prefer number two Dave. As has already been said, I 'd like to see the lady in red a little further in but I think she might have taken umbrage if you started directing her. Interesting to see all 3 structures in one image.

Thank you Jill, will remember your point :)

Love the stoat, very good capture indeed :clap:

Thank you Chris, was happy I got the shot after missing so many times :)

Three great shots but the stoat is superb, its looking right at the camera.:clap:

Thank you Shirley, he/she just stayed still so I took a few, glad I got some keepers :)

omg Dave!!! u said your Routine shot would be special BUT hell... that Stoat is gorgeous!!!...and quoting Dr Pond with Hello Sweetie!! suckered me right in.. (y) (y) (y)

Brilliant shot of the stoat David - very well lit - especially like the backlighting highlighting the head, ears and shoulders.

omg Dave!!! u said your Routine shot would be special BUT hell... that Stoat is gorgeous!!!...and quoting Dr Pond with Hello Sweetie!! suckered me right in.. (y) (y) (y)

Have to agree with the above comments Stoat is superb, well caught

Brilliant shot of the stoat David - very well lit - especially like the backlighting highlighting the head, ears and shoulders.

Thank you all very much for the nice words, have just come back from Mums and glad to say she is very nearly back to her normal fit self, she loved the Stoat too :)

Wow, that stair photo is great, well done. How big are they?
:clap::clap:

Thank you Clive, this one I think might of been a young on, as it was quite small, but I have seen them kill rabbits before.

Stoat looks mice and alert. Looks a little flat on my Mac, little more contrast and saturation maybe.

Cheers.

Thank you Andy, I did try more contrast and saturation, but it did not look right at all :)

Back